No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Big bang question [Re: white marlin] #7114316
12/31/20 08:24 PM
12/31/20 08:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by Boco
Mars doesnt have an atmosphere of any consequence.
Its atmosphere got blown away by the "solar winds" when it lost its electromagnetic field.
Earth could lose its electromagnetic field.

so how would adding greenhouse gasses to a 90 plus percent saturated atmosphere change the fact that it has no magnetosphere?

It wouldnt.
Mars is uninhabitable.Except in a bubble.Even then cosmik radiation striking the surface due to no atmosphere would riddle you with cancer in a couple years.
You would have a better chance inhabiting the deep ocean.

Last edited by Boco; 12/31/20 08:26 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114406
12/31/20 09:07 PM
12/31/20 09:07 PM
MN
Q
Quartermastersir Offline
trapper
Quartermastersir  Offline
trapper
Q

MN
the "plan" for Mars is probably to live in the Martian underground lava tubes, which are huge because of the low gravity. That shields you from the cosmic radiation. the polar ice caps would be used for sources of drinking water, water for growing plants,(the Martian soil is poisonous to humans), and would be separated into Hydrogen and Oxygen for power and fuel.
The only consensus in science that I am aware of is that at some time Earth will become uninhabitable. Asteroid impact, solar flare, super volcano eruptions, nuclear war, and if none of those happen, eventually in some million years our Sun will go kablooey and we will melt right before we incinerate. So to insure the survival of mankind we need to get off the Earth and colonize other planets in and out of our solar system. The moon and Mars are going to be staging areas for this.
If you believe in either Divine Creation or Evolution, you must still admit we are curious little buggers, who will want to get out there, either to survive or just to see what's out there.
Mark- I do not claim to be an expert in the scriptures or scrolls, but is there any exclusionary clause in them that would deny the possibility that on the eighth day God started again somewhere else?

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114429
12/31/20 09:15 PM
12/31/20 09:15 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
As long as the " something from nothing " brigade throw thermodynamics, entropy and evolution all in one pot and call it the same, there will never be a constructive discussion on the matter. Thats just my two cents and to some here its probably worth less than that.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Big bang question [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7114434
12/31/20 09:18 PM
12/31/20 09:18 PM
alabama
BandB Offline OP
trapper
BandB  Offline OP
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Originally Posted by BandB
Judging me without even knowing me. Nice.

So, what makes you think he's judging you? I know being in church does me good.

He doesn't know me from the next guy, yet thinks that church would do me some good. That would imply that he thinks I am not a good person. I don't need church to know right from wrong.

So it's okay for you to judge his intentions, but nobody should judge yours. Got it.

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114438
12/31/20 09:20 PM
12/31/20 09:20 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Quartermastersir, excellent post.

Re: Big bang question [Re: Scuba1] #7114451
12/31/20 09:25 PM
12/31/20 09:25 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Scuba1
As long as the " something from nothing " brigade throw thermodynamics, entropy and evolution all in one pot and call it the same, there will never be a constructive discussion on the matter. Thats just my two cents and to some here its probably worth less than that.

wink

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114490
12/31/20 09:52 PM
12/31/20 09:52 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I wonder how long before some ejit starts a nuclear war.
I say one or two more generations max.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Big bang question [Re: ] #7114530
12/31/20 10:19 PM
12/31/20 10:19 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by Mark June
First some say "you religious can't accept science."
When we do submit our theology position as one including science, then up jumps the same group to say "why can't you religious keep religion outta science?"
Y'all sound like liberals to be quite honest.
Some people have different beliefs than y'all do.
That's all.

Your witness counsellor.

Blessings,
Mark

Theology is dogma; science is progression.

Creationism is not science, Mark, no matter how you dress it up and try to make it dance on strings. If you aren't representing creationism by your above post, I've misinterpreted it and apologize.

Science strives to answer questions like who, what, when, why, and how. You insist you know the answer to the who question even before we start our observations and analysis. Science doesn't presume answers, and is skeptical of presumed answers offered by others. Especially when the answers offered are entirely based on hearsay, or secondary, evidence. Take away one book, and what does your religion rest on?

Darwinist evolution is well demonstrated through various branches of science, including morphology, microbiology, and the molecular (DNA) evidence. Darwinism was accepted in science even before DNA analysis came along to confirm it.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114562
12/31/20 10:39 PM
12/31/20 10:39 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
James, you’ll be ridiculed.

But that was an extremely intelligent and factual post.

Re: Big bang question [Re: James] #7114584
12/31/20 10:54 PM
12/31/20 10:54 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by Mark June
First some say "you religious can't accept science."
When we do submit our theology position as one including science, then up jumps the same group to say "why can't you religious keep religion outta science?"
Y'all sound like liberals to be quite honest.
Some people have different beliefs than y'all do.
That's all.

Your witness counsellor.

Blessings,
Mark

Theology is dogma; science is progression.

Creationism is not science, Mark, no matter how you dress it up and try to make it dance on strings. If you aren't representing creationism by your above post, I've misinterpreted it and apologize.

Science strives to answer questions like who, what, when, why, and how. You insist you know the answer to the who question even before we start our observations and analysis. Science doesn't presume answers, and is skeptical of presumed answers offered by others. Especially when the answers offered are entirely based on hearsay, or secondary, evidence. Take away one book, and what does your religion rest on?

Darwinist evolution is well demonstrated through various branches of science, including morphology, microbiology, and the molecular (DNA) evidence. Darwinism was accepted in science even before DNA analysis came along to confirm it.

Jim

As a creationist I can agree with everything in the above statement.
"Creationism is not science" (note the "ism" on the end of Creation).
"Science strives to answer questions". Within those questions can be Evolution? God? etc..
"Darwinist evolution" is seen in also sorts of changes that have are are taking place in living things. It doesn't answer where life originated though.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114591
12/31/20 11:00 PM
12/31/20 11:00 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I'll not ridicule it because it's about 10 falsehoods cloaked in humanistic wonder.
Oh and Creationism is science. You just haven't kept current this century counsellor. The many PhD's that submit research on it exhibit at all the major science conventions now. You should attend a science convention to see the secularists and religious collaborate. There is rich debate which is what science is.

And Darwin has lost so much luster, most notably when another science (psychology), begun by Freud, Adler, and others began insisting in the 19th and certainly into the 20th century that most, if not all science, is based on a person's belief system - amide the 19th century observation and repeatability definitions.

A point: Theology in Catholicism has dogma. Doctrine is the statement of the Protestants and Eastern Orthodoxy & some of the Roman Catholic tenets.

Blessings and Happy 2021.
Mark

Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114943
01/01/21 03:27 AM
01/01/21 03:27 AM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by BandB

So it's okay for you to judge his intentions, but nobody should judge yours. Got it.

Both of you have judged me. Is that what your god would want?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Big bang question [Re: BandB] #7114985
01/01/21 07:01 AM
01/01/21 07:01 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

^^^^. I don't know about judging JJ, but I believe one TMan'er was offering that you come across rather blunt. At last on a keyboard. You may be honeysuckle in person.

And about this judging "thing."
We all judge.
All of us.

Researchers tell us that within 7 seconds we "judge" someone we meet. We are all judging creatures to our core.
With that said;

The theology of the biblical texts about "judge not lest ye be judged" is used so far out of context that some Christians and ^^^^^^ most unbelievers now use these texts to judge.

The proper context of the biblical contexts God would have us know is that when it comes to judging....
Start in your own lawn first.
And keep mowing because the home turf usually needs mowing day after day after day.
Don't worry about the neighbors lawn. Keep an eye on you.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread