No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Seeing the good when it's raining. #7115078
01/01/21 08:51 AM
01/01/21 08:51 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Its a cold and raining morning. I ran my boys traps this morning at 4 am in the rain so I would be able to skin any catch before I leave for work for 3 days. Man it was cold and wet on that open cab gator side by side. No catch.

Filled the truck with gas and when I came out of the station the check engine light was on. It was running ok and everything checked out so I decided to drive the 2.5 hrs to work. It is a holiday pay day 2.5x after all and I have had check engine lights on for years with no problems before.

About 50 miles into my drive I started slowing down up hill but it seemed to line out on the flat . But I decided to pull off on the next exit, as I made the turn from the exit ramp onto the hwy the truck died.

I just bought this old truck a 2wd 97 ranger with 52k miles on it 3 months or so ago. It now has 57k. Yes it is Turing out to be a real money saver. 4 tires, blower motor, plugs wires and coil pack, now? Old vehicles Lol. I just hope its nothing to major? Time will tell.

Now to give praise to the bright side. I was able to check traps in the cold rain this morning. It was down hill as I pulled across the hwy when that truck died and I was able to cost across the interstate and into a restaurant parking lot and into a parking spot. I'm right next to a truck stop so I can get some hot coffee while I wait for my wife to pick me up. It was early enough for me to call in and only get a single incident at work. Had it been within an hour of start time it would have been a late call off and have been 2 incidents. 3 in 13 week=discipline.

It appears according to google there is a mechanic shop in .1 miles. I wonder if they will be open today. I may just go buy a new extended cab 4x4 if I dont die of sticker shock if the dealers are open today( probably not buy an entertaining idea)

Point being I could really get negative and down on a day like today. But I choose to focus on the positive becuse it could really be worse. Remember those new tires above? When I bought that truck the guy said he put new tires on it they looked great. But I found out they were 10 years old after a blow out on the front passenger
tire while driving 70mph down the interstate. Thankfully once again that was a non issue just a minor inconvenience and 4 new tires fixed that. It could have been bad but wasn't.

Remember to try and see the bright side and give thanks to God especially when it's in the tough times. It's easy to give praise in the good time. I pray God gives us all the strength and faith of Job during out difficult times. Praise God I'm alive, my family is healthy, and I have a great job.

Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115092
01/01/21 09:03 AM
lewis county,new york
N
newfox1 Offline
trapper
newfox1  Offline
trapper
N

lewis county,new york
It could have been worse, have a great day.

Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115093
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
HE will take care.of you...
Hope everything works out

Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115095
01/01/21 09:06 AM
01/01/21 09:06 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
"Water Is Life" says the sign outside a local irrigation district headquarters.
The bad luck is over for the year. It's all downhill from here!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115098
01/01/21 09:08 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
That's what I was thinking Gary - he just went ahead and got the bad stuff over for the year!

Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115099
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Seeing sunshine on a rainy day is tough. Your faith helps you with every day issues, and guides you for the long haul. Keep us informed of your sticker shock, you'll probably be calling on the Holy Spirit for that one

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Seeing the good when it's raining. [Re: Providence Farm] #7115315
01/01/21 11:24 AM
01/01/21 11:24 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
The truck started and I was able to drive it over the the auto shops lot. They are not open today so I will know nothing until Monday at the earliest.

Another positive I didn't have to bother hooking up a chain and pulling it over there. Even I I would have had to it would have been no big deal.

The point of my post wasn't that thing were bad rather to show that things that would run a lot of people's day are truly a minor inconvenience. There was a time I would have been worked up and upset in a bad mood all day.

Instead I'm smiling and joking with my wife and quit positive. No worries and no use getting frustrated.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread