No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
First time Gun buyers...... #7120082
01/04/21 02:17 PM
01/04/21 02:17 PM
IA, WI, ND, IL
M
martyd Offline OP
trapper
martyd  Offline OP
trapper
M

IA, WI, ND, IL
First time Gun buyers better get some good advice before buying their first CCW pistol. I was at a big box Gun store yesterday and was shock at what I seen. First racks of empty spaces were rifles We’re standing and pistol glass cases empty we’re just a few months ago. I talked to a salesman and said I cannot believe it. He said you better ! See this Power drill and screw driver set ? I said yes. He said 2 days ago corporate said this Gun and Ammo shortage is going to go on for a long long time. I said yes ? He said Corp headquarters sent email yesterday and said take down these gun racks that are made to just hold rifles and put up other racks for different items. Then when your done with that we are removing 2/3 of all of the ammo racks and price placards and going to put some other items in there place. Mgr said we cannot Leave this space empty for product that they told us we will not see in Months maybe years ! You know it is going to be Bad when they are removing storage racks for guns and ammo.
So then I walk around a few minutes and come back and I am looking at some of the few pistols they have. Very few. Super cheap Ruger wranglers or supper big money Colt 45’s etc. a lady about 30 walks up with salesman and wants to buy a CCW permit carry pistol for her purse. Said she was looking on line at Some 380 pistols. Salesman said will I think you might be be interesting in a different pistol. Something bigger !!! I about fell over. He tried to steer here towards a 1200.00 colt Auto and and a 6 inch barrel Ruger 101 revolver !!!! Only because he did not have any 380 in stock !!!! She looked at them and Said will I did not want to spend that much. So then he pulled out a Ruger Wrangler 22LR for 219.00. She said I am not sure I can get that in a purse I am thinking about buying to fit it ! She said I am going to look at some tennis shoes I will think about it. I followed here around the corner and said Ms I overheard your conversation. I said I am no expert on guns but you need to be careful and make sure you make the correct choice in your carry gun. That salesman did not have want you wanted because guns are almost impossible to find even the ammo is almost impossible to find. I said I thought you made a good choice of a 380 Pistol for a CCW pistol and if it was me I would stay with that choice. Do not get talked into something that you will regret. I said Ruger , S&W , Glock , Taurus are all good name brands in 380 pistols. But do not be swayed by a salesman who wants to sale you something that they only have in stock. She thank me. Unbelievable what is going on with these first time Gun owners. These guys are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. MD

Last edited by martyd; 01/04/21 02:19 PM.
Re: First time Gun buyers...... [Re: martyd] #7120090
01/04/21 02:24 PM
01/04/21 02:24 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
The low end rack of the gun section of a store I went too was awefully bare of anything that wasn't an oddball brand or a .22. plenty of shotguns and ammo for same. High end rifles were plentiful. Plenty of ammo in non 223/556, 9mm, 22 calibers

Re: First time Gun buyers...... [Re: SNIPERBBB] #7120227
01/04/21 04:13 PM
01/04/21 04:13 PM
West Virginia
W
WV Danimal Offline
trapper
WV Danimal  Offline
trapper
W

West Virginia
2 weeks ago, watched a decent looking blonde walk into the gun shop to the counter beside me. I thought she looked familiar. Salesman asked what she was looking for. She says, any 45 pistols in stock? Said she felt she should get "something" with all the madness going on these days. He points to a Hi-Point 45 in the glass and without even looking at it she says, "I'll take it". He asked her name when he started the paperwork, then I recognized her as an ex from way back. I thought about schooling her a bit before he suckered her into a heap of junk that was gonna break her wrist when she shot it "if" she could ever even load it and then I remembered why we broke up smile

Trash your goals and plans for life. Just wing it and you'll never be let down!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread