No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How does the trapper leadership rate in your state [Re: Wright Brothers] #7123507
01/06/21 02:51 PM
01/06/21 02:51 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Wright Brothers
Membership over here is disgruntled.
They miss the get togethers and trading their valuable gear back and forth.
Dang corona.

Yea, that's a bummer but who's to blame really?

I'm basing my response on gaining cable restraints and bodygrips on land without losing anything. In this day and age, that's some good work.

Re: How does the trapper leadership rate in your state [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7123518
01/06/21 03:02 PM
01/06/21 03:02 PM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
I wasn't blaming anyone, I'll delete that.
Most that I talk to have no idea what the leadership is doing.
They ask me, I refer them, and it usually stops there.

The one guy that got the CRs I considered a friend.
BGs on land? I've not heard of that.

Re: How does the trapper leadership rate in your state [Re: Wright Brothers] #7124259
01/06/21 09:24 PM
01/06/21 09:24 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
WI has had good leadership for several years and that goes for executive officers and board of directors. We have a lot of issues that we have helped get approved, modified and or changed in many aspects of fur harvest as to tools keeping green fur etc. I do believe that states that have districts help delegate work and responsibility and also help find and groom leaders. We have a sizable budget that requires a good revenue flow and or appropriate expense cuts when needed. Good leadership is required when things get lean and we have had some lean years for a while.

Bryce

Re: How does the trapper leadership rate in your state [Re: WyFurHarvesters] #7124582
01/06/21 11:32 PM
01/06/21 11:32 PM
Wyoming
A
asinner Offline
trapper
asinner  Offline
trapper
A

Wyoming
Congratulations WYFURHARVESTERS on stepping up to help the Wyoming State Trappers Association. We sincerely appreciate it when someone recognizes that a group needs fresh ideas and help to accomplish their agenda. Our vice presidency has been open for several years now, I am sure you will make a great addition to our board
I’ve served as Vice President now for 8 yrs and would love to see new people get involved and share their ideas on what our upcoming agenda should be.
The position is an easy job, putting the convention on only takes a week out of your summer. It’s the countless hours of getting it set up and taken down along with hours in getting vendors, speakers, food, advertisers etc, that really begins to add up. That just covers the convention, there are countless donated hours given by the rest of the board and also by regional directors and NTA liaison and many other necessary members across Wyoming. This isn’t a one man show, it would be nearly impossible to name everyone that simply does what they can to be a help to this organization because they believe in the sportsmen of Wyoming. They have so many different obligations and meetings they attend and deal with. Then there are the meetings with the Game and Fish Commissioners on changes to trappers regulations that happen during hunting season (opening day of elk season to be exact) along with the public meetings around our state and don’t forget the pet release seminars, Wyoming outdoor expos, and you may want to get your motel room booked for the Wyoming State Legislator Session in Cheyenne so you don’t miss out on any Travel/Recreation Wildlife Committee meetings with concerns on trapping because the anti trapping groups will definitely be there
Did I mention the pay? That is absolutely correct There isn’t any Pay!
As long as I have been on the board we have all paid our own traveling expenses to any meetings or trapping association commitments.
I can go on and on about more things that need done, but I don’t’ have the time
I want to thank you WYFURHARVESTOR for stepping up to take on this role, there is so much to be done. Because of your generosity, I won’t be convention chairman next year. Because of your help I was able to send in my deposit Today on a trip to pursue an Alaskan Brown Bear in August of this year.
Call me if you have any questions 3078506034.
Ps, I will send photographs from Alaska.

Re: How does the trapper leadership rate in your state [Re: walleyed] #7124903
01/07/21 08:27 AM
01/07/21 08:27 AM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY
Originally Posted by walleyed
In New York State right now It Sucks !!! frown
Executive leadership and Board of Directors
do as they dang well please and dues paying
rank & file membership have no say.
Our NYSTA is run by a cabal of narcissists. frown
All in my opinion, of course.
walleyed

Have you gone to any NYSTA board meetings? How 'bout becoming a county rep? You would have some direct input then.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread