No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The future of this website. #7128519
01/09/21 06:11 PM
01/09/21 06:11 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline OP
trapper
martentrapper  Offline OP
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
With all the news of people being banned from various social media, with businesses firing Trump supporters and banks refusing to do business with certain industries (oil companies), I'm wondering if whoever provides the internet access for Trapperman could take steps to get us off the internet?

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128534
01/09/21 06:22 PM
01/09/21 06:22 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by martentrapper
With all the news of people being banned from various social media, with businesses firing Trump supporters and banks refusing to do business with certain industries (oil companies), I'm wondering if whoever provides the internet access for Trapperman could take steps to get us off the internet?

Nah, we're solid. Our guru has hosting capabilities, and he has been talking about us possibly moving there. There's been no problem with our current host though.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128537
01/09/21 06:25 PM
01/09/21 06:25 PM
MO
T
trap master Offline
trapper
trap master  Offline
trapper
T

MO
eventually the forum liberals will cry enough that their feelings were hurt and it'll get shut down... that is their M O isnt it? cry till they get their way.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: trap master] #7128591
01/09/21 06:52 PM
01/09/21 06:52 PM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Originally Posted by trap master
eventually the forum liberals will cry enough that their feelings were hurt and it'll get shut down... that is their M O isnt it? cry till they get their way.

Lol ultimately we're all on the same team, human beings that enjoy the outdoors and trapping

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128592
01/09/21 06:54 PM
01/09/21 06:54 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Mr. Dobbins, is the “guru” the same gentleman mentioned in the Masters Trapper book?

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128605
01/09/21 07:01 PM
01/09/21 07:01 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Should be good with Dobbins cracking down on the political stuff.
Just turf the people starting political posts was a great Idea.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The future of this website. [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7128625
01/09/21 07:11 PM
01/09/21 07:11 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Nah, we're solid. Our guru has hosting capabilities, and he has been talking about us possibly moving there. There's been no problem with our current host though.

That's good to hear.

I was thinking about this very subject earlier.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128671
01/09/21 07:44 PM
01/09/21 07:44 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Good to hear

Nevada bound
Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128682
01/09/21 07:49 PM
01/09/21 07:49 PM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Excellent

Let me sugar coat this
Re: The future of this website. [Re: trap master] #7128714
01/09/21 08:02 PM
01/09/21 08:02 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by trap master

Seems like a typical anti liberal post . (I’m not liberal)
I think the site will be fine as Mr. Dobbins stayed. Getting rid of the insanity is s good step.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128752
01/09/21 08:13 PM
01/09/21 08:13 PM
Washington
C
cat daddy Offline
trapper
cat daddy  Offline
trapper
C

Washington

Only if you dont toe the line!

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128774
01/09/21 08:19 PM
01/09/21 08:19 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
The only issue that I see is if ISPs start getting aggressive in either banning access to sites or denying internet access to the servers.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: Wanna Be] #7128782
01/09/21 08:23 PM
01/09/21 08:23 PM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Mr. Dobbins, is the “guru” the same gentleman mentioned in the Masters Trapper book?

No, Benny is the person who built this place. David is our guru. He works on UBB Threads.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: Boco] #7128785
01/09/21 08:25 PM
01/09/21 08:25 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Boco
Should be good with Dobbins cracking down on the political stuff.
Just turf the people starting political posts was a great Idea.

I think you should re-read MT original post. They are censoring people and businesses for a variety of things. Royal Bank of Canada said a few months ago they will no longer do business with any company involved in the oil production up in ANWR. Some states and cities have banned the sale of fur products. Today I watched the guy that started Gab talk about the nightmare they put him through. His site got the boot because they refused to censor free speech. They had to rebuild everything from scratch in order to remain online. It was costly, and took a ton of technical gurus to get it done.

No you're not "good,"....their coming for you, you just dont realize it yet.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128791
01/09/21 08:27 PM
01/09/21 08:27 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
I have a couple of retail websites. Automatic backups make it possible for me to be up and running in a couple of hours on another server if something was to go wrong. I'm sure this website can do the same.

The problem is that a website lives and dies by Google. Google (and to a lesser extent Microsoft's Bing) decide if people can find your site. If it isn't near the top of the search engine listings, it isn't getting any traffic. One of my sites was penalized once because I was using some older technology for part of my website. Google changed it's ranking algorithm and dinged sites with the older technology. I lost all of my traffic overnight. Took me over 2 months to rebuild my ranking after fixing the issue.

Websites don't have to be removed from the internet to impossible to find on the internet. I doubt that trapping sites are near the top of the priority list to be removed from rankings but I expect to see a lot of ranking changes based on whether a site's political philosophy is the correct philosophy.

-Ryan
Re: The future of this website. [Re: maintenanceguy] #7128794
01/09/21 08:29 PM
01/09/21 08:29 PM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I have a couple of retail websites. Automatic backups make it possible for me to be up and running in a couple of hours on another server if something was to go wrong. I'm sure this website can do the same.

The problem is that a website lives and dies by Google. Google (and to a lesser extent Microsoft's Bing) decide if people can find your site. If it isn't near the top of the search engine listings, it isn't getting any traffic. One of my sites was penalized once because I was using some older technology for part of my website. Google changed it's ranking algorithm and dinged sites with the older technology. I lost all of my traffic overnight. Took me over 2 months to rebuild my ranking after fixing the issue.

Websites don't have to be removed from the internet to impossible to find on the internet. I doubt that trapping sites are near the top of the priority list to be removed from rankings but I expect to see a lot of ranking changes based on whether a site's political philosophy is the correct philosophy.

David backs up this website every other day.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7128795
01/09/21 08:30 PM
01/09/21 08:30 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by maintenanceguy

David backs up this website every other day.

grin

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: The future of this website. [Re: martentrapper] #7128796
01/09/21 08:31 PM
01/09/21 08:31 PM
AR
T
TurkeyWrangler Offline
trapper
TurkeyWrangler  Offline
trapper
T

AR
I'm usually not one to brown nose but I am grateful that this site hasn't been sold out to a bigger company. Way to many of the outdoor boards that I am a member of have been sold out and revamped into ad machines. Now I have nothing against banner ads but some of these sites are way overboard with their advertising. Huge banners down both sides and even in post that make it look like a member posted it. I won't even start in about the post generating bots.

Poor people have poor ways.
Re: The future of this website. [Re: TurkeyWrangler] #7128799
01/09/21 08:32 PM
01/09/21 08:32 PM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
I'm usually not one to brown nose but I am grateful that this site hasn't been sold out to a bigger company. Way to many of the outdoor boards that I am a member of have been sold out and revamped into ad machines. Now I have nothing against banner ads but some of these sites are way overboard with their advertising. Huge banners down both sides and even in post that make it look like a member posted it. I won't even start in about the post generating bots.

I've had offers, but refused them. They even said I could stay and run the site - lol. No way.

Re: The future of this website. [Re: TurkeyWrangler] #7128803
01/09/21 08:34 PM
01/09/21 08:34 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler

like the outdoor channels ads interrupted by part of shows.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread