No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joe Manchin and gun control #7131086
01/11/21 12:00 AM
01/11/21 12:00 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Does anybody know where he exactly stands on this issue or his past voting records on gun issues. He says he is pro-gun but I remember a few years ago he co-sponsored a bill with Sen. Pat Toomey for a national background check that failed at the time. Is he gun owners last ray of hope?

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131092
01/11/21 12:09 AM
01/11/21 12:09 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
No he is not our last hope, Democrats are.
All the massive gun sales the last 12 years or so were done by a large group of democrats as well as republicans. Those democrats who own guns and want to keep them need to start hammering on their representatives.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Osky] #7131094
01/11/21 12:15 AM
01/11/21 12:15 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Osky
All the massive gun sales the last 12 years or so were done by a large group of democrats as well as republicans. Those democrats who own guns and want to keep them need to start hammering on their representatives.

Osky

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131101
01/11/21 12:23 AM
01/11/21 12:23 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
The democrats are being more and more influenced by a relatively small group of young urban liberals. Eventually hopefully they'll soon realize the many urban people value their arms. Osky is right.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Pike River] #7131108
01/11/21 12:30 AM
01/11/21 12:30 AM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Pike River
The democrats are being more and more influenced by a relatively small group of young urban liberals. Eventually hopefully they'll soon realize the many urban people value their arms. Osky is right.

Look at how high school trap shooting has become the fastest growing sport. In MN it’s second only to football with over 12k participants...this is where you start! I coach them, I have a pretty good split of R parents and D parents. But there they stand at a shooting sport side by side watching and cheering the youth.
All those Dems who have purchased guns probably don’t want them taken.. disagree with them on a lot but work on them with this subject.
I’m to believe there are a lot more common interests in people than the ruling class and extremists want us to believe. To them division is power.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131119
01/11/21 12:43 AM
01/11/21 12:43 AM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Online content
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Online Content
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
I don’t remember anyone checking voter affiliation on the battlefield. I find that most folks have way more in common than different but most folks aren’t elitist or radical. I’m hoping that the regular dems will hammer their elected officials

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Osky] #7131122
01/11/21 12:45 AM
01/11/21 12:45 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Pike River

Look at how high school trap shooting has become the fastest growing sport. In MN it’s second only to football with over 12k participants...this is where you start! I coach them, I have a pretty good split of R parents and D parents. But there they stand at a shooting sport side by side watching and cheering the youth.
All those Dems who have purchased guns probably don’t want them taken.. disagree with them on a lot but work on them with this subject.
I’m to believe there are a lot more common interests in people than the ruling class and extremists want us to believe. To them division is power.

Osky

Yeah, we shoot trap too...you don't think they could make a loophole where you can only purchase your ammo at an approved sport facility? I'm with you that they enjoy the activity of shooting, but one can do that without the "cruelty" of involving animals.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131153
01/11/21 01:27 AM
01/11/21 01:27 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Gun control means hitting what you shoot at.

These nimrods are trying to eliminate your 2A rights a piece at a time

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Osky] #7131166
01/11/21 01:49 AM
01/11/21 01:49 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon

Osky

Are a little late to the party...

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131199
01/11/21 03:37 AM
01/11/21 03:37 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Looks like he's not terrible - although anyone who voted for any infringements isn't good. But, there aren't many in government who are truly pro-freedom and support the 2A 100% anymore. He is better than most. https://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Joe_Manchin_III_Gun_Control.htm

-Ryan
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131203
01/11/21 03:45 AM
01/11/21 03:45 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
hoping big d changes it mind on taking your guns is like hoping you win the lottery. odds are the same

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Leftlane] #7131204
01/11/21 03:47 AM
01/11/21 03:47 AM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Gun control means hitting what you shoot at.

These nimrods are trying to eliminate your 2A rights a piece at a time

Thanks Lefty. I thought gun control meant use both hands. smile

jim
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: danny clifton] #7131245
01/11/21 06:46 AM
01/11/21 06:46 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by danny clifton
hoping big d changes it mind on taking your guns is like hoping you win the lottery. odds are the same

there was a local radio talk show host who used to say the lottery was a tax on Stupidity: the more you buy tickets, (thinking you'll win); the more stupid you are.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: white marlin] #7131256
01/11/21 06:56 AM
01/11/21 06:56 AM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by danny clifton

there was a local radio talk show host who used to say the lottery was a tax on Stupidity: the more you buy tickets, (thinking you'll win); the more stupid you are.

I agree with that 100%. I cannot count how many times I have gone into a store after work just wanting to buy a drink and go home. There will be some guy at the counter buying scratch offs with his last few dollars. “ Gimme a couple of dem numba sevens, and one dem numba tens. Aight how much dat is? Ok go ahead and put dat numba ten back. “. I am 30 years old and have never bought a lottery ticket for myself. Never felt lucky enough to win so I spend my money elsewhere.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131276
01/11/21 07:42 AM
01/11/21 07:42 AM
West Virginia
C
Choo Offline
trapper
Choo  Offline
trapper
C

West Virginia
Joe Manchin will do what ever is best for Joe Manchin. At this point he may be one of the most hated people in West Virginia. Go to his Facebook page and see what people currently think of him. His daughter was the ceo of mylan who jacked up the price of the epie pen to 500 bucks a dose. She just recently stepped down. Not a month after stepping down the company closed up shop in wv 1600 jobs out the door. Joe Manchin doesn't care about you, your guns, or the second Amendment.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131313
01/11/21 08:19 AM
01/11/21 08:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

“I went to the shooting range yesterday so I can practice and get in shape,” he said. “We're not going to take guns away, but there should be things people should not have in their hands.”

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/manchin-stimuluschecks-infrastructure/2021/01/10/id/1004975/

sure doesnt sound like he is against registering grampas old 22 as a NFA regulated firearm

If he doesnt want to take guns away how is he going to enforce " there should be things people should not have in their hands.”

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Choo] #7131335
01/11/21 08:33 AM
01/11/21 08:33 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Originally Posted by Choo
Joe Manchin will do what ever is best for Joe Manchin. At this point he may be one of the most hated people in West Virginia. Go to his Facebook page and see what people currently think of him. His daughter was the ceo of mylan who jacked up the price of the epie pen to 500 bucks a dose. She just recently stepped down. Not a month after stepping down the company closed up shop in wv 1600 jobs out the door. Joe Manchin doesn't care about you, your guns, or the second Amendment.

This ^^^
A political chameleon.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131338
01/11/21 08:34 AM
01/11/21 08:34 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Joe Manchin came out in support of Obama's gun control proposal and still managed to get reelected in West Virginia. No, JM is no friend of gun owners, but apparently it doesn't matter enough to his West Va constituency at election time.

I would like to think that Osky is right about Democrat gun owners finally realizing voting Democrat is going to threaten their 2A rights, but I am afraid that they consider other issues more important and vote Democrat regardless.

Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131340
01/11/21 08:37 AM
01/11/21 08:37 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Joe Manchin is given an "A" rating by the NRA for what that is worth. He has voted against many of the DemoRat tyrannical gun laws. It's not like he has a choice if he wants to stay in office.The guy is in West Virginia. People in that state come out of the womb with a gun. His voting record seems ok. However, I do not trust him if it comes down to him having a crucial vote and the radical Communist Demorats put pressure on him. He will turn and do what is best for Joe Manchin. Here is his record:

Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record.

Manchin scores A by NRA on pro-gun rights policies
While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the National Rifle Association (NRA) has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly three million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs.

The following ratings are based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionaire sent to all Congressional candidates; the NRA assigned a letter grade (with A+ being the highest and F being the lowest).

What the Grades Mean:
A+: A legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has also made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.
A: Solidly pro-gun candidate including voting record.
AQ: A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and who does not have a voting record.
B: A generally pro-gun candidate; may have opposed some pro-gun reform in the past.
C: A candidate with a mixed record or positions on gun related issues, who may oppose some pro-gun positions.
D: An anti-gun candidate who usually supports restrictive gun control legislation. Regardless of public statements, can usually be counted on to vote wrong on key issues.
F: True enemy of gun owners' rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate.
?: Refused to answer the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire, often an indication of indifference, if not outright hostility, to gun owners' rights.
Source: NRA website 10-NRA on Aug 11, 2010

Allow veterans to register unlicensed guns acquired abroad.

Manchin co-sponsored Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act
Provides a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record any firearm acquired before October 31, 1968, by a veteran while a member of the Armed Forces stationed outside the continental United States.
Grants such an individual limited immunity with respect to the acquisition, possession, transportation, or alteration of such firearm before or concurrent with such registration.
Extends such immunity to a veteran who attempts to register a qualifying firearm outside of the amnesty period if the veteran surrenders the firearm within 30 days after being notified of potential criminal liability for continued possession.
Transfers each firearm qualifying as a curio or relic which has been forfeited to the United States to the first qualified museum that requests it
Publishes information identifying each such firearm which is available to be transferred to a museum.
Makes a prohibition against transfer or possession of a machine-gun inapplicable to museums.
Source: HR420/S798 11-S0798 on Apr 12, 2011

Oppose the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty.
Manchin signed Letter to Pres. Obama from 50 Senators
Dear President Obama:

We write to express our concern and regret at your decision to sign the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty. For the following reasons, we cannot give our advice and consent to this treaty:

The treaty violates a 2009 red line laid down by your own administration: "the rule of consensus decision-making." In April 2013, after the treaty failed to achieve consensus, it was adopted by majority vote in the UN General Assembly.
The treaty allows amendments by a 3/4 majority vote. When amended, it will become a source of political and legal pressure on the US to comply in practice with amendments it was unwilling to accept.
The treaty includes only a weak, non-binding reference to the lawful ownership and use of firearms, and recognizes none of these activities, much less individual self-defense, as fundamental individual rights. It encourages governments to collect the identities of individual end users of imported firearms at the national level, which would constitute the core of a national gun registry
The State Department has acknowledged that the treaty is "ambiguous." By becoming party to the treaty, the US would therefore be accepting commitments that are inherently unclear.
The criteria at the heart of the treaty are vague and easily politicized. They will steadily subject the US to the influence of internationally-defined norms, a process that would impinge on our national sovereignty.
The treaty criteria as established could hinder the US in fulfilling its strategic, legal, and moral commitments to provide arms to key allies such as Taiwan and Israel.
We urge you to notify the treaty depository that the US does not intend to ratify the Arms Trade Treaty, and is therefore not bound by its obligations. As members of the Senate, we pledge to oppose the ratification of this treaty, and we give notice that we do not regard the US as bound to uphold its object and purpose.
Source: Letter to Obama from 50 Senators 13-UNATT on Sep 25, 2013

Restrict right to bear arms, according to CC survey.
Manchin supports the CC survey question on Second Amendment
The Christian Coalition Voter Guide inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Further Restrictions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms' Christian Coalition's self-description: "Christian Voter Guide is a clearing-house for traditional, pro-family voter guides. We do not create voter guides, nor do we interview or endorse candidates."

Source: https://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Joe_Manchin_III_Gun_Control.htm

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Joe Manchin and gun control [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7131344
01/11/21 08:41 AM
01/11/21 08:41 AM
williamsburg ks
D
"Grumpy Old Man"
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The NRA continues to SUPPORT gun control. Who cares what they have to say. Supporting this jokester just proves my point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread