No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: NORTHERN KANSAS Trapping part 4 [Re: fur_minator] #7133803
01/12/21 06:48 PM
01/12/21 06:48 PM
Michigan
S
Stanley Offline
trapper
Stanley  Offline
trapper
S

Michigan
Good Job! Nice advertising on those sweatshirts.

STANLEY

Re: NORTHERN KANSAS Trapping part 4 [Re: fur_minator] #7133927
01/12/21 08:15 PM
01/12/21 08:15 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Love the pics! Great catches!

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: NORTHERN KANSAS Trapping part 4 [Re: fur_minator] #7134062
01/12/21 09:35 PM
01/12/21 09:35 PM
Stanton Mi.
B
BigJoe. Offline
trapper
BigJoe.  Offline
trapper
B

Stanton Mi.
I haven't said much on this post but I would like to thank Mark for letting me tag along. This is great, beautiful country, fantastic people, and a few critters too. The weather has been great. Especially comparing it to Michigan weather. No snow to deal with. Busy each day checking, resetting, catching, sometimes skinning. Getting back to the house in time to make a meal, try to make it through an entire trapping DVD with out falling asleep (haven't made it through one yet) and go to sleep to do it all over again the next morning. I am loving it! The memories I am making on this trip will last a lifetime. Thank you to all the fine people we've come to know. I hope to see them all again some day. In just a couple days this journey will be over but the memories will be with me forever. Thank you Kansas.

Michigan Trappers and Predator Callers Association Director at Large
Re: NORTHERN KANSAS Trapping part 4 [Re: fur_minator] #7134069
01/12/21 09:39 PM
01/12/21 09:39 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Really Some Nice country and photos

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: NORTHERN KANSAS Trapping part 4 [Re: fur_minator] #7141613
01/17/21 07:30 PM
01/17/21 07:30 PM
Corunna Michigan
fur_minator Offline OP
trapper
fur_minator  Offline OP
trapper

Corunna Michigan
Well i finally have the truck unloaded and the trailer put away for the winter. We were home Friday morning but two weeks away makes for a lot of things to do upon return.

On our last night in Kansas a couple of local trappers stopped by and we showed them how we fleshed beaver to prepare it for the tanning process. It was a lot of fun and i look forward to hearing about their continued successes. on their beaver lines.

The final morning found us checking & pulling the remaining sets with some catches but no coyotes or cats. When we got back to the lodge we tore down the skinning rig and loaded up for the trip
home. We fueled up and said our goodbyes to the friends we made in the area. We departed around 1:30 pm for the 13 hour drive back.

About 4:30 pm we blew a trailer tire on I-80 near Atlantic Iowa about an hour and a half west of Des Moines. We changed the tire on the side if the freeway with all of the semi traffic adding to the 30mph winds. It was snowing and they were issuing blizzard warnings for later that night. Our dilemma now was that we were gonna still be driving all night and no longer had a spare. We made our way to the local
walmart and bought a tire/rim that was close to the correct size and got back on the road. From there we stopped only for fuel and finished the trip to my house around 4;30 am. Joe still had to drive another hour and a half to finally get home himself.

I sit here and think about the great times we had and the great people we met I have to say Kansas is an amazing state. I can’t think of a single bad experience or person that wasn’t extremely welcoming to a couple of Michigan guys.

Numbers were never the concern for us and we both had successes. The real catch for us was the amazing beauty of the area and the local hospitality. Trapping all day and not paying any attention to anything going on in the world was like a huge reset button for my soul.

Thanks to Big Joe for being such a great trapping partner and for putting up with me nonstop for two weeks. Thanks also to the people we’ve met and for all of you that were cheering us on behind the scenes!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Michigan Trappers & Predator Callers Association
Public Relations Director