No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A big reason why... [Re: HayDay] #7135615
01/13/21 10:17 PM
01/13/21 10:17 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by HayDay
So when I go to CCi's website, I find they have the same online marketing options as other mail order places like Midway. What they don't have is availability. How can that be when they are the one making the stuff.

All I'm suggesting is they retain enough supply of one product line so when a customer checks, there is a product on CCI's website to buy. Limit 1 per order, plus shipping. That is no different than what Midway has. Same process. The limit of 1 brick (500 rounds), plus shipping is going to satisfy the desperate but discourage the profiteers and hoarders. If not, then CCI is gonna get rich. But I'd think the shipping costs will weed them out. But as long as a product is always available, need to grab anything in sight just because goes away, cause unless CCI is shut down, there is always an option to buy something, albeit more expensive than off the shelf locally.

So compare what seems to be the situation now. CCI claims to be making product as fast as they can, and putting it in the supply chain where nobody seems to know where it goes. I'm not in the industry, so I don't know where it goes, but as an end consumer, I know all my local shelve are bare....and have been for months. Here are some made up example numbers, but concept is all I'm suggesting.

Say CCI sells all product to several wholesale buyers......3 cents per round. Product then goes into the supply chain where it may get handled and resold many times before it surfaces on a shelf.....for 20 cents a round. Suggested retail is 8 cents a round.

What if instead of CCI sending it all out the door for 3 cents, they retain enough to sell at full retail on their own website. They get the 8 cents direct from the end consumer? Instead of sending it out the door in cases on pallets, they slap a shipping label on an individual brick and send it out the door to the post office to be delivered direct to end buyer? CCI gets nearly 3X the price for same product and end consumer gets it for full retail at best but half what some are charging now. Both CCI and end consumer are better off. And CCI can take all the extra profits and use it to expand production. All they are out is the small amount of extra handling at the source.

Only ones getting harmed are those in the middle. whoever that person is, I can see why they would not like it. But until things calm down, seems like a way to calm down the panic buying and get to the point where when you go to the gun shop, there is product on the shelf. Unless that is a bad thing. In the big picture, I'd think we would all be better off if 1,000 guys could get a brick vs 1 guy getting all 1,000 bricks and the other 999 nothing.

I'm set either way.......so makes no difference to me. I'm worried about the big picture.

The reason that CCI does not have it available (I suspect) is because they probably have contracts. They probably only have it available when there is a surplus. Also, so now you are talking only .22? kind of a big switch from before. I'm not dogging, just trying to understand your position. Anyway, .22LR is by far the most popular round probably ever manufactured. It's cheap and can be fired from any platform. Trigger time cost much less which is why the demand is so great. From the past I know that .22 is the first to get scarce and the last to really come back and I suspect for those reasons. Regardless, I'm sure CCI is doing the best they can as well as Remington and Federal among others. With (a guess) 75 million .22's in this country it's going to be awhile. Let this be a lesson to you. When ammos is abundant, stock up and rotate your stock. It hurts less. That is if ammo is ever "abundant" again with the fix we are now in.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: A big reason why... [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7135621
01/13/21 10:20 PM
01/13/21 10:20 PM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Am i missing something here.......it says available and i can add it to my cart? If I follow through to checkout, says they are gonna ship it to me. Pricey, but at least I can get it.

So If I just bought an expensive club with nothing to shoot in it, I'm OK with all that.......just what I want is not available. All I'm saying is do what it takes to make sure the commons stuff like 22lr is always available.

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/rimfire/cci/vnt/6-948CC.html

Re: A big reason why... [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7135639
01/13/21 10:31 PM
01/13/21 10:31 PM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
I was using .22 as an example. But if I was making the stuff and had a marketing website already set up, I would do the same with the most popular pistol and centerfire stuff. And maybe even primers. Not truckloads, just box or case prices so these new guys got something to fire. All of them know what is in most demand and should make that available somehow, someway.

I thought the same thing when I went to Sierra bullet's website. They are out of everything. They don't even have a reloading manual.....out of stock. Either they have shut down all direct shipping or something else is going on.

Re: A big reason why... [Re: HayDay] #7135682
01/13/21 10:46 PM
01/13/21 10:46 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I was using .22 as an example. But if I was making the stuff and had a marketing website already set up, I would do the same with the most popular pistol and centerfire stuff. And maybe even primers. Not truckloads, just box or case prices so these new guys got something to fire. All of them know what is in most demand and should make that available somehow, someway.

I thought the same thing when I went to Sierra bullet's website. They are out of everything. They don't even have a reloading manual.....out of stock. Either they have shut down all direct shipping or something else is going on.

Contracts! LOL.... So let me get this straight, you're talking about ammo manufactures not having ammo and can't understand why there isn't enough for everyone and how they should be making more. Now you are talking about how the bullet manufactures are out of things ?????? Maybe that's because they are trying to supply the ammo manufactures? I don't mean this in a negative way or to sound crass but I am curious, how old are you?

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: A big reason why... [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7136395
01/14/21 11:46 AM
01/14/21 11:46 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Sorry......I go to bed early and get up early, then have to do chores.

How old am I? Old enough to still have the Texan reloader my dad bought me in the 60's (John Wall's grocery store in Blairstown) cause he said he could not afford to keep buying me factory stuff off the shelf. The old Texan is about worn out, but still works. And still have enough powder, shot, primers and wads to last my lifetime. Still have every gun I bought or inherited and enough ammo to feed them to last my lifetime. A very limited selection, but with enough variety to take down anything from a field mouse to a grizzly bear. And I tend to be a one shot one kill kinda guy, so my stash is gonna last me awhile. So all this isn't about woe to me.

Where I'm coming from is to consider the plight of a young man who sometime in the past year decided he needed something to protect or feed his family. So has somehow someway managed to get his hands on an appropriate tool, but cannot find any ammo to feed it. Put yourself in his place when he goes looking and shelves are bare. All I'm suggesting is to find a way to help this guy find some ammo so he has something more than an expensive club.

I'm puzzled as to why there is so much resistance to that idea.

Re: A big reason why... [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7136410
01/14/21 11:59 AM
01/14/21 11:59 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Beating a dead horse....

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: A big reason why... [Re: HayDay] #7136417
01/14/21 12:05 PM
01/14/21 12:05 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Am i missing something here.......

Yes

Back at home, when I talked and didn't listen; Ma used to say " your tongue is in the way of your eye teeth...& you can't see what your saying."

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: A big reason why... [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7136480
01/14/21 01:12 PM
01/14/21 01:12 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Been a shortage for 35 years, if the ammo companies didn't catch up by now, doubt they ever will.

Amazing we could make enough ammo to fight 2 world wars, but can't supply civilians.

Re: A big reason why... [Re: hippie] #7136499
01/14/21 01:25 PM
01/14/21 01:25 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by hippie
Been a shortage for 35 years, if the ammo companies didn't catch up by now, doubt they ever will.

Amazing we could make enough ammo to fight 2 world wars, but can't supply civilians.

Well we are the largest standing army in the world.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread