No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Shipping containers [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7136456
01/14/21 12:49 PM
01/14/21 12:49 PM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Anybody use them for a shed or workshop? Thinking it would be a quick secure small workshop at my off grid cabin. The 20 foot size. I can borrow a small dozer to skid it in from drop off point. What are the roofs made of? Could it be a long term structure, or should I put a roof over? If that's the case may just wood build. Never been up close to a shipping container. I see them for sale around me now with truck delivery.

If i may throw my 2 cents in here... They work great. However as has been stated before: Need ventilation. If i may make a suggestion it would be, keep them off the ground. The bottom rusts out quick and when you level the container, don't make it level. The water will "pond" on the roof and that creates problems. A slight slope on the foundation is all it takes (1" in 10'). The roofing material we used was some kind of silver/tar cold patch. Works great but buy a new pair of shoes when you're done.

jim
Re: Shipping containers [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7136484
01/14/21 01:13 PM
01/14/21 01:13 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
when I had a flat rood we used something similar to this https://www.homedepot.com/p/Henry-4...TUcV9IoIWUaAn0NEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

every few years we climbed up on the roof and spread the tar with aluminum in it , very much like sealing a drive way

get it clean and dry and spread it around with a broom/tar brush

my parents neighbor was putting a garage on in about 79 he got the pad and and walls framed but was running out of time and money , he had wanted to do an attic over it for storage so he was laying floor joists and a deck any way he put a little pitch like 3 inches inches over 25 feet laid the deck and put 3 layers of 30# felt on it and some drive way sealer it worked , he got busy , so he found about an hour to sweep and brush on a coat of drive way sealer each year , he was a road crew foreman if the weather was passable for the next 20 years he was hardly home. 40 years later that flat rood hasn't leaked and has never been replaced drive way sealer is still cheap but his roof did cook being black the underside was warm in the summer it was attached to the house by a breeze way so it didn't cook the house so they lived with it.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread