No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: corky] #7138359
01/15/21 05:19 PM
01/15/21 05:19 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"What Is a Living Wage?
A living wage refers to a theoretical income level that allows an individual or family to afford adequate shelter, food, and the other basic necessities. The goal of a living wage is to allow employees to earn enough income for a satisfactory standard of living and to prevent them from falling into poverty. Economists suggest that a living wage should be substantial enough to ensure that no more than 30% of it gets spent on housing."

"What Is Poverty?
Poverty is a state or condition in which a person or community lacks the financial resources and essentials for a minimum standard of living. Poverty means that the income level from employment is so low that basic human needs can't be met. Poverty-stricken people and families might go without proper housing, clean water, healthy food, and medical attention. Each nation may have its own threshold that determines how many of its people are living in poverty."

Last edited by Dirt; 01/15/21 05:24 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: Pike River] #7138395
01/15/21 05:47 PM
01/15/21 05:47 PM
New York border
Cragar Online content
trapper
Cragar  Online Content
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Pike River
Pay and tip up front so the server knows how to deal with you.

Lol....this works great in a bar. BEFORE you order your mixed drink from the bartender, tip first , then order your mixed drink. If you tip decent , your drink will taste like premium gasoline on steroids...... laugh

Last edited by Cragar; 01/15/21 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

NRA benefactor member
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: corky] #7138415
01/15/21 06:03 PM
01/15/21 06:03 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Fast-food workers across the U.S. are striking Thursday to demand higher wages, and it turns out they're not alone in believing the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour is much too low. A majority of Americans—71 percent—support hiking the minimum to $10, according to the 2013 American Values Survey by the Public Religion Research Institute. Democrats overwhelmingly support an increase, and even a majority of Republicans do. The minimum wage “is that rare issue where there is bipartisan and cross-religious support,” says Dan Cox, PRRI's research director. Except for the Tea Party, that is."

Blast from the past.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: Cragar] #7138448
01/15/21 06:23 PM
01/15/21 06:23 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Cragar
Originally Posted by Pike River
Pay and tip up front so the server knows how to deal with you.

Lol....this works great in a bar. BEFORE you order your mixed drink from the bartender, tip first , then order your mixed drink. If you tip decent , your drink will taste like premium gasoline on steroids...... laugh

Or beer and they'll determine how much head you get.

Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: Mike in A-town] #7138458
01/15/21 06:30 PM
01/15/21 06:30 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
If you're averaging $18+ an hour with tips waiting 8 tables are you going to be OK taking a $3 an hour pay cut to wait those same 8 tables?

The good servers will find something else to do as soon as they are able... The servers who were poor or marginal will stay and soak up the $15 and not care about improving their service.

Mike

You have failed to see the genius of Pike River. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7138557
01/15/21 07:36 PM
01/15/21 07:36 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
If you're averaging $18+ an hour with tips waiting 8 tables are you going to be OK taking a $3 an hour pay cut to wait those same 8 tables?

The good servers will find something else to do as soon as they are able... The servers who were poor or marginal will stay and soak up the $15 and not care about improving their service.

Mike

You have failed to see the genius of Pike River. lol

Perhaps because it was hidden behind stark reality.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: Bear Tracker] #7138565
01/15/21 07:42 PM
01/15/21 07:42 PM
Maine
beezmador Offline
trapper
beezmador  Offline
trapper

Maine
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Minimum wage $15.00 / hr. I teach it in econ every day to my students. Results will be
Higher prices
Fewer businesses
Buying power for everyone else that does not see this increase decrease. Unless you get the same increase, which you won't.
Minimum wage is not a nor ever was intended to be a livable wage.
If you want something work for it, better yourself.

PS my 9th grades just got the talk about being lazy and always giving up when looking for information gets a little bit tough!! ARRGGHHHH!!!!

Spot on

Member of NTA, MTA and FTA - keeping up the Fight for our Right to trap
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: corky] #7138581
01/15/21 07:54 PM
01/15/21 07:54 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
So will a raise In the minimum wage have an effect on how much welfare will be paid out. I may be wrong but I'm thinking that anyone working for minimum wage as It Is know Is also getting a government hand out.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Unintended Consequences Minimum Wage [Re: The Beav] #7138732
01/15/21 08:53 PM
01/15/21 08:53 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by The Beav
So will a raise In the minimum wage have an effect on how much welfare will be paid out. I may be wrong but I'm thinking that anyone working for minimum wage as It Is know Is also getting a government hand out.

Well Beav I have been qualified for gubmint handouts most of my adult life, doesn't mean they give them to you. You actually have to ask, or at least say "Yes" to them. I know a lot about living large below the official poverty level without gubmint handouts for the poor. That is why I have zero sympathy for the so called people living in poverty as defined by the government.

Who is John Galt?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread