No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: SJA] #7141655
01/17/21 07:51 PM
01/17/21 07:51 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
Originally Posted by SJA
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Fix up the basement. Shackles and chains. A camping bucket for him to do his business. Modest meal and water 3 times a day. Don’t speak a word to him for 30 days. Once he dries out and can think rationally, begin the conversation about his future and how you will help him recover and set upon a healthy path.

I hope you just forgot to put a crazy after that statement or a J/K . . . or else you may have issues. HA! . . . and be the one to end up in shackles. cry

I am reminded of when my Aunt was told to quit smoking. Well, one day she came home with a carton of Camels. My Uncle saw it, and said "YOUR DOCTOR TOLD YOU TO QUIT SMOKING! " My Uncle then proceeded to take the carton of Camels away from my Aunt , and he threw them in the Fireplace. My Aunt was fuming mad !! She got into her car , and bought another carton of Camels.

My Uncle saw the 2nd Carton when she came home, and said " I TOLD YOU THAT YOU ARE GOING TO QUIT SMOKING. ! " He then grabbed the 2nd carton of Camels and threw them into the fireplace ! Then he said " NOT ONLY ARE YOU GOING TO QUIT SMOKING, YOU ARE QUITTING DRINKING TOO ! " My Uncle then took my Aunt into the Kitchen , and made her watch as he opened every bottle of Beer , Wine, Dewers Scotch, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Vodka and Rum; and POURED EVERY BOTTLE DOWN THE KITCHEN SINK !!!

Since she had no more money left, she was forced to dry herself out. My Uncle said she was a royal witch for the next 30 days. But he dried her out , and never drank or smoked again after that day!

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how you dry someone out !!

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141659
01/17/21 07:52 PM
01/17/21 07:52 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Some days a person can just....SCREAM

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141663
01/17/21 07:55 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
You can't take the try out of people who wish to help them, it's a learning curve to them to and helps them be wise to others who may have family or friends they wish to help.

Just signing them away to a locked room is just a death sentence really unless they are supervised, they will do them selves in to take the pain away, I could not live with being the person to lock them up with out any watch over them.

Doubt most could their own kids as well, distant relatives maybe !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: GritGuy] #7141666
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by GritGuy
You can't take the try out of people who wish to help them, it's a learning curve to them to and helps them be wise to others who may have family or friends they wish to help.

Just signing them away to a locked room is just a death sentence really unless they are supervised, they will do them selves in to take the pain away, I could not live with being the person to lock them up with out any watch over them.

Doubt most could their own kids as well, distant relatives maybe !!

The try is finally broke.

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: SJA] #7141699
01/17/21 08:12 PM
01/17/21 08:12 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by SJA
Originally Posted by T-REV
My sister in law was strung out pretty bad on heroine there for a while back when she was in her early 20s. Bad enough to the point that her parents finally threw their hands up and said we cannot deal with this anymore while also raising a young son. Usual stuff. Lying, stealing, etc. She used to borrow money from her younger sister constantly and would call her selfish if she denied. She would only ever come to our house if she was high and needed a place to sleep. I finally told her if she can’t come over without being high she is no longer welcome here. She was ALWAYS the victim in every situation. Could never admit fault for any of it. Her grandparents finally took her in and thankfully she eventually straightened up and got herself through med school. Im glad she finally straightened up but she still doesn’t care for me or her sister or parents. Sees it as we all just turned our backs on her. She still won’t take any responsibility for what she put everyone through. Claims she was out of her mind when she was high so she shouldn’t be held responsible for her actions. Isn’t smart enough to see that she made the conscious decision to try the drugs so everything that unfolded afterwards is on her. Best way to avoid addiction is to not try the drug!

Don't let people put the quilt trip on you. If you don't let it start, you don't have to stop it!

Trust me I don’t feel bad whatsoever for the bad decisions other people make. I have no sympathy for someone who decides to try drugs and destroys their and everyone around thems lives because of it. I truly don’t understand what makes people decide to try something that they know darn well ruins peoples lives. I don’t know if they think it couldn’t possibly happen to them or ??? I always said drinking every once in a while was plenty good enough for me I didn’t need to try anything else. Im 30yrs old and have never tried a cigarette. Never liked the smell of it. I did used to dip/chew in high school but never got hooked on it. If someone is mentally strong enough to say no they would be amazed how life will unfold.

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141709
01/17/21 08:15 PM
01/17/21 08:15 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
T-REV I can tell you.Most of them are lazy bums that don't want to work.They then grow or make the drugs.Are bored to death with life because they don't work at all and then turn to the drugs out of boredom.

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141733
01/17/21 08:26 PM
01/17/21 08:26 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Having dealt with meth addicts, my ex wife for one, I can tell you this one thing is certain: if he doesn’t want to change, no amount of help from anyone will make him. There’s nothing you can say or do to help an addict that doesn’t want to get clean. Even if you manage to get them clean, if it was against their will then it won’t last long. Couple days, maybe a week tops and they’ll be back at it. Some people do recover, and go on to live full lives, but they have to want it so bad that the pain of withdrawals is worth it. For my ex wife, she got clean because I got cps involved and cut off all contact from our kids, and told her you can be a part of their lives or you can do meth, I won’t let you within a mile of them if you’re using. For a long while kept a drug test handy and I made her pee in a cup and test negative before I let her see them. It was a good year and a half of clean tests before I let her be with them unsupervised. She has been clean three years now I think, steady job, her own place. For some people it takes waking up in the ICU from an accident they caused while high or having barely survived an overdose. For some....well the only way they stop is when they don’t wake up.

Talk to an attorney about what you can do to keep him away from your mom and her money. You can’t help him, but you might be able to protect her from him.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: Bob] #7141737
01/17/21 08:27 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Bob
Having dealt with meth addicts, my ex wife for one, I can tell you this one thing is certain: if he doesn’t want to change, no amount of help from anyone will make him. There’s nothing you can say or do to help an addict that doesn’t want to get clean. Even if you manage to get them clean, if it was against their will then it won’t last long. Couple days, maybe a week tops and they’ll be back at it. Some people do recover, and go on to live full lives, but they have to want it so bad that the pain of withdrawals is worth it. For my ex wife, she got clean because I got cps involved and cut off all contact from our kids, and told her you can be a part of their lives or you can do meth, I won’t let you within a mile of them if you’re using. For a long while kept a drug test handy and I made her pee in a cup and test negative before I let her see them. It was a good year and a half of clean tests before I let her be with them unsupervised. She has been clean three years now I think, steady job, her own place. For some people it takes waking up in the ICU from an accident they caused while high or having barely survived an overdose. For some....well the only way they stop is when they don’t wake up.

Talk to an attorney about what you can do to keep him away from your mom and her money. You can’t help him, but you might be able to protect her from him.

Exactly right.

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141738
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Toxic people like that need to be removed from society. Be it prison or correctional rehab.

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: Bruce T] #7141747
01/17/21 08:31 PM
01/17/21 08:31 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by Bruce T
T-REV I can tell you.Most of them are lazy bums that don't want to work.They then grow or make the drugs.Are bored to death with life because they don't work at all and then turn to the drugs out of boredom.

I agree. What truly pains me is to see a child involved. Both parents strung out and the poor child knows no different and has to suffer.

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141843
01/17/21 09:10 PM
01/17/21 09:10 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Tell them to start trapping, they won’t have the money to buy drugs!!

Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141859
01/17/21 09:18 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I have not read all the above post. The best thing anyone can do is help him get to rock bottom in his life. Until he gets there there is nothing you can do to change him. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: Wanna Be] #7141860
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Lol.......they steal for all their money.Wife son calls it going out shopping.

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: Bruce T] #7141902
01/17/21 09:40 PM
01/17/21 09:40 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Lol.......they steal for all their money.Wife son calls it going out shopping.

Tell him to “shop” for me some jakes, no bs k9 jrs and some bridger #2 dogless. grin

Last edited by T-REV; 01/17/21 09:40 PM.
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7141907
01/17/21 09:42 PM
01/17/21 09:42 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Lol.... laugh

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7142001
01/17/21 10:19 PM
01/17/21 10:19 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
I always thought some of you guys that live in the remote parts of Alaska could make a killing running a drug rehab facility. Tell the strung out cousin you are taking him on a fishing trip in Alaska and then drop him off a hundred miles from nowhere. Leave plenty of food and water and a note that says you'll be back in a month.

Ol dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: ol' dad] #7142009
01/17/21 10:21 PM
01/17/21 10:21 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by ol' dad
I always thought some of you guys that live in the remote parts of Alaska could make a killing running a drug rehab facility. Tell your your strung out cousin you aree taking him on a fishing trip in Alaska and drop him off a hundred miles from nowhere. Leave plenty of food and water and a note that says you'll be back in a month.

Ol dad

I say take them out on the.berring sea and use them for crab bait.

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: Bruce T] #7142019
01/17/21 10:24 PM
01/17/21 10:24 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Online content
trapper
SJA  Online Content
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by ol' dad
I always thought some of you guys that live in the remote parts of Alaska could make a killing running a drug rehab facility. Tell your your strung out cousin you aree taking him on a fishing trip in Alaska and drop him off a hundred miles from nowhere. Leave plenty of food and water and a note that says you'll be back in a month.

Ol dad

I say take them out on the.berring sea and use them for crab bait.

WHAT??? . . . and contaminate the crabs? . . . what's that old saying? . . . "you are what you eat"
laugh

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7142020
01/17/21 10:25 PM
01/17/21 10:25 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
What you never heard of stone crab...... laugh

Nevada bound
Re: A Meth Head in the Family [Re: andrews1958] #7142021
01/17/21 10:26 PM
01/17/21 10:26 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
Crab fisherman are probably on the same drugs..

Ol dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread