No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Electricial question [Re: adam m] #7143931
01/18/21 10:35 PM
01/18/21 10:35 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
That's good to know.
I was wondering why other neutrals were causing the test light to slightly trip

Re: Electricial question [Re: adam m] #7143987
01/18/21 11:25 PM
01/18/21 11:25 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by adam m
Thank you all, I appreciate it.
It was a loose neutral in the gang box. Can't believe I chased that all day lol

I realize you're probably already done and have it fixed... But before you go messing with loose connections, kill the power. Shutting off the switch will suffice just as long as it's deenergized.

There's the safety issue but the main reason is that the electronics in those LED drivers don't handle the screwy stuff that comes from arcing when you're messing with a loose connection. If you grab the joint and pop the wire nut off and it crackles 3 or 4 times while you're aligning wires and twisting the nut back on you can fry the driver... Not always, but there is a chance.

Might save you some money.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Electricial question [Re: adam m] #7144009
01/18/21 11:51 PM
01/18/21 11:51 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
Thanks Mike, that's good to know they are somewhat sensitive. Yup I turn off the circuit at the breaker make my connections turn on breaker, if good turn off breaker until everything is buttoned up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread