No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7144502
01/19/21 11:16 AM
01/19/21 11:16 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Finster apparently wants to ban alcohol, cars and guns. Your argument is one of a liberal.
Is alcohol regulated by government? Are cars regulated by government? Don't bother looking it up, I'll answer it for you. YES. Why? Because they are not a right. Nowhere in the constitution do you have a right to drive a car, a right to drink, a right to do drugs for that matter. These things, and many others are regulated because of their potential to inflict harm on innocent people. You don't want someone drinking and driving to wipe out your family do you? You don't want a 10yo behind the wheel of a car going down the road do you? I doubt it. Why? Because the effects of such actions can be devastating to innocent people. Now, what is more devastating in a society that hard drugs? Violence, theft, overdose, homelessness, plummeting property value, rape, murder, you name it. All of it rises exponentially with the use of hard drugs. To disagree would not only be dishonest but an outright lie.

I agree with you completely, now, who wrote this for you?

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7144506
01/19/21 11:20 AM
01/19/21 11:20 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM

By your own examples, alcohol and cars can cause damage to other people--yet are regulated, not illegal. Driving drunk is a crime. Driving high is a crime. The same analysis applies to someone using marijuana and driving whether marijuana, for example, is legal or not. As for deeming drugs illegal, that has worked great. All this country has done is waste billions of dollars fighting a failed drug war.

Regarding the crimes some using drugs will commit, the same thing can be said for alcohol. For those ills that are not criminal, those already happen now.

And, by the way, the Constitution does not list every right a human being has.

Be careful giving the government the power to restrict freedoms you do not deem important. I promise you will hear that same rationale being used against you when restricting a freedom you do deem important (e.g. guns).

The constitution names rights that supersede government that are given to us by God. If you think that more rights should be named, you should try to get it amended. Talk to a real lawyer and have them explain that and what it takes. Since you are determined to muddy up the water by going off on tangents, I will indulge you for a reply. Now, although alcohol has it's host of problems. I will ask you to look at the stats. A user of alcohol is far less likely to be responsible for some heinous event or crime like, let's say a meth head or a heroine junkie. People can have a glass of wine or a few beers and be fine. How many people mainline or snort heroine or meth and go about their daily routine of contributing to society? I'm willing to venture a guess that per captia it's probably 1000 to 1 maybe even more. No one is restricting freedoms here. your "freedoms" stop when you and your actions impede my freedoms.

You are just repeating the same argument. Anyway, I need to get to work. Maybe we can resume this later.

You keep advocating for government control. I will keep fighting for freedom.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Diggerman] #7144508
01/19/21 11:21 AM
01/19/21 11:21 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Is alcohol regulated by government? Are cars regulated by government? Don't bother looking it up, I'll answer it for you. YES. Why? Because they are not a right. Nowhere in the constitution do you have a right to drive a car, a right to drink, a right to do drugs for that matter. These things, and many others are regulated because of their potential to inflict harm on innocent people. You don't want someone drinking and driving to wipe out your family do you? You don't want a 10yo behind the wheel of a car going down the road do you? I doubt it. Why? Because the effects of such actions can be devastating to innocent people. Now, what is more devastating in a society that hard drugs? Violence, theft, overdose, homelessness, plummeting property value, rape, murder, you name it. All of it rises exponentially with the use of hard drugs. To disagree would not only be dishonest but an outright lie.

I agree with you completely, now, who wrote this for you?

Tell me, how does it feel to be right? wink

Last edited by Finster; 01/19/21 11:21 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Blaine County] #7144509
01/19/21 11:23 AM
01/19/21 11:23 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

You are just repeating the same argument. Anyway, I need to get to work. Maybe we can resume this later.

Yup, bail out, probably the best move you can make.

Last edited by Finster; 01/19/21 11:24 AM.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144516
01/19/21 11:28 AM
01/19/21 11:28 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Winds blowing out of Cali today just the vibe I always get.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7144521
01/19/21 11:32 AM
01/19/21 11:32 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

Yup, bail out, probably the best move you can make.

Stick to bein right, not makin someone else wrong.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7144607
01/19/21 12:48 PM
01/19/21 12:48 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Legalize all drugs.

The government should not tell adults what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

When it affects a multitude of others it can. Your rights do not supersede mine or mine yours.

You are right, Finster. I have first hand knowledge of your first sentence with my oldest son and his drug use.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7144630
01/19/21 01:02 PM
01/19/21 01:02 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Finster apparently wants to ban alcohol, cars and guns. Your argument is one of a liberal.

Funny all your arguments can be used against firearms ownership as well. Example: your right to own a gun dose not trump my right to saftey. Guns kill thousands a year in war zones, crime, suicide, ect.... they need more restrictions.

I have no problem with my 10 year old driving down the road or grabbing a rifle and running his traps by himself. Yet there are plenty of adults I would trust with neither.

You don't want true freedom. A lot don't its scary. I bet you won't comprehend the argument I'm making either.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 01/19/21 01:07 PM.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144637
01/19/21 01:10 PM
01/19/21 01:10 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by rvsask
The Ohio law is ridiculous and seems pretty unenforceable after 5 minutes of reading.

It's federal law and applies to the whole US. I think it would be changed except democrats, who mostly love dope, mostly fear and hate guns.

Keith

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144656
01/19/21 01:28 PM
01/19/21 01:28 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
This post is about an infringement of our 2A but at the risk of sounding political what did yall think would happen when ya put the guberment in charge of every aspect of your life and liberty?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: 330-Trapper] #7144676
01/19/21 01:44 PM
01/19/21 01:44 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
I hope I'm never in need of that type of pain relief.

It’s not for pain.

-Goofy-
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144690
01/19/21 01:59 PM
01/19/21 01:59 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Is that just your opinion or do you have supporting documentation?

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144694
01/19/21 02:07 PM
01/19/21 02:07 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Editable sure made a difference for mom while dealing with cancer treatments. Nothing else worked and she could have her Dr wright her an rx for anything except marijuana being she lives in Indiana. Every person that was around her commented on how much better she sounded and looked after a small piece of chocolate.

It's not the govermens business what someone puts in there bodies. O but all the bad that goes with it they say..

NEWS FLASH everything has bad that goes with it. A guy ran a red light and killed my 17 month old son. I darn sure don't blame the truck and say make the illegal.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144735
01/19/21 02:36 PM
01/19/21 02:36 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I see the nanny state is alive and well...

Get your vaccine. Don't smoke weed. And support gun control.

A good citizen would accept nothing less for the greater good of his fellow man.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7144740
01/19/21 02:41 PM
01/19/21 02:41 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

A good citizen would accept nothing less for the greater good of his fellow man.

Mike

And if someone wants to kill that unborn baby inside them, go ahead. Gubmint says it's okay.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: FairbanksLS] #7144748
01/19/21 02:44 PM
01/19/21 02:44 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by white dog
Is that just your opinion or do you have supporting documentation?

You asking me?

-Goofy-
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Gary Benson] #7144775
01/19/21 02:59 PM
01/19/21 02:59 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

And if someone wants to kill that unborn baby inside them, go ahead. Gubmint says it's okay.

Funny how that works eh Gary? We can't allow certain things because they MIGHT effect the lives of others... However something that terminates the life of another... Nobody else's business.

Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. But everyone is fine with it as long as it's their favorite flavor.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: bowhunter27295] #7144785
01/19/21 03:09 PM
01/19/21 03:09 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
You don't want true freedom. A lot don't its scary. I bet you won't comprehend the argument I'm making either.

Just so I understand, are you saying if someone wants to snort some cocaine, that is ok with you? Even if they live beside you?

Not being ugly to you. I just want to understand what you mean when you say people don't comprehend what you mean by true freedom.

I hear a lot of people talk about this "true" freedom and all I hear is a tolerance for anarchy. Where am I wrong? Seriously.

I'm not "fine" with it... Just like I'm not "fine" with my neighbor polishing off a bottle of whiskey every night... But until he does something that effects me personally it's none of my business. Under the influence means just that... If someone kills a family of four while driving under the influence then I am not going to say, "Well at least it was legal alcohol and not that evil cocaine..." That person is responsible for their actions no matter what their poison of choice is.

Just because a substance is legalized doesn't mean that irresponsibility is also legalized. We recognize that fact with alcohol.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Law Dog] #7144798
01/19/21 03:18 PM
01/19/21 03:18 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Law Dog
You will have no “ rights” when the Nation is ran on feelings you already lost the 1st the 2nd will be next then the rest will fall. If you speak out you will be labeled a extremist domestic terrorist just watch the news it’s already happening.

CNN is suggesting NewsMax & OAN be forced off the air.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Providence Farm] #7144811
01/19/21 03:29 PM
01/19/21 03:29 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Funny all your arguments can be used against firearms ownership as well. Example: your right to own a gun dose not trump my right to saftey. Guns kill thousands a year in war zones, crime, suicide, ect.... they need more restrictions.

I have no problem with my 10 year old driving down the road or grabbing a rifle and running his traps by himself. Yet there are plenty of adults I would trust with neither.

No, firearm ownership is a RIGHT. Doing drugs, drinking, driving and the like are not. It's a pretty simple concept. You are correct, I do not comprehend your argument because it is obtuse and childish.

Last edited by Finster; 01/19/21 03:30 PM.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread