No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: rex123] #7144988
01/19/21 05:38 PM
01/19/21 05:38 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by rex123
So what area does drinking fall into?

Fall into? Clarify your question.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7144990
01/19/21 05:40 PM
01/19/21 05:40 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Just say no beer for you and you will find out quick who like their beers. LOL. cry

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145002
01/19/21 05:52 PM
01/19/21 05:52 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Here's my deal on this...

I don't do drugs. Don't like drugs. I do my best to avoid people who use drugs. But until their drug use effects me then I don't care what they do...

I can buy enough whiskey to drink myself to death and they'll sell it to me without a problem... The only time drinking becomes a problem is when I climb behind the wheel while tanked, or get drunk and run down the street naked while shouting at the top of my lungs, etc...

The federal government decided to cure society's ills with alcohol and passed the Volstead Act. It didn't work, it was expensive to try to enforce and created as many problems as it tried to alleviate.

Constitutionally, drugs and alcohol don't even fall under the fed's charter... I suppose someone could argue interstate commerce but that's been twisted so far beyond original intent that it's laughable...

It's a state and local issue... Which is kind of the point of the whole thread.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145005
01/19/21 05:55 PM
01/19/21 05:55 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Trouble for me is I am surrounded by drug heads and bums.Alot of it is family or married into the family.A person can't get away from it.Some days a person could just scream.Going to be so nice to get a 3 week break away from this madness.

Nevada bound
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Bruce T] #7145009
01/19/21 06:04 PM
01/19/21 06:04 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Bruce T
Trouble for me is I am surrounded by drug heads and bums.Alot of it is family or married into the family.A person can't get away from it.Some days a person could just scream.Going to be so nice to get a 3 week break away from this madness.

Understood. I have family members I avoid completely for the same reason.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145077
01/19/21 07:16 PM
01/19/21 07:16 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
The way I see it, when it comes to Cannabis, the State verses Federal issue; is like a North bound Train and a South bound Train heading down the same Track! Eventually, there is going to be a case brought to the US Supreme Court based on a State's right to decide how it wants to deal with the recreational use and sale of LEGAL Cannabis products. What it boils down to, are these issues.

1. A LOT of States are suffering financially. NYS, for example , has a shortfall in their 2021 budget of over $13 BILLION dollars. That is not even taking into account the State related Debt of over $ 60 BILLION dollars for 2021.

2. Overall, the MAJORITY of the population approves of Legalizing Cannabis.

3. Health issues: Are you really going to deny someone who is suffering from some debilitating or fatal disease, the use of Cannabis; if it is used to ease their suffering ?

4. TAX REVENUE !!! It will not solve a huge budget deficit. But, it will help.

5. Business opportunities ! Businesses create JOBS ! They spend money . They pay TAXES!

As for the 2nd Amendment, That is going to have to be decided in the USSC. If enough States fully legalize recreational Cannabis, I can't see how a Federal ban on Cannabis will be able to stand. The IRS already REQUIRES Cannabis dealers to pay income taxes on their earnings from the sale of Cannabis products. So, how can the Federal Government on the one hand demand Federal Income tax money from the sale AND Purchase of Recreational Cannabis, and on the other hand, tell people that if you are a user of Cannabis that you PAID SALES TAXES on !, you lose your right to own a Firearm ? Before 1930, Cannabis was completely legal.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: bowhunter27295] #7145127
01/19/21 07:36 PM
01/19/21 07:36 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Ya that's their business and not mine untill it affects me. Just becuse something bad may happen doesn't mean I need to have the government restricting freedoms. It's my responsibility to protect me and mine.

Drugs are illegal yet dose that stop anything? Nope my neighbor is still out at 3am all night a lot of night. I'm betting meth. He seems to be a nice guy and as long as it stays on his side party on. It it comes to my side I will solve that problem without any outside help.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Providence Farm] #7145148
01/19/21 07:49 PM
01/19/21 07:49 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Ya that's their business and not mine untill it affects me. Just becuse something bad may happen doesn't mean I need to have the government restricting freedoms. It's my responsibility to protect me and mine.

Drugs are illegal yet dose that stop anything? Nope my neighbor is still out at 3am all night a lot of night. I'm betting meth. He seems to be a nice guy and as long as it stays on his side party on. It it comes to my side I will solve that problem without any outside help.

Yea, and if he gets in a car or freaks out and kills a little kid down the street then oh well, at least you and yours are safe this time. RIGHT!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

Last edited by Finster; 01/19/21 07:49 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145172
01/19/21 07:56 PM
01/19/21 07:56 PM
Pennsylvania
TRAPDOC57 Offline
trapper
TRAPDOC57  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania
My girlfriend has the medical card. She had to turn in her conceal carry permit after getting it. She never carried anyhow. She was injured by an uninsured driver in Ohio and went through pain management and every other option for her back injury before back surgery. They had her on some strong drugs and even had a seizure from a bad combination the nurse gave her after surgery. If I was pouring concrete that morning she might have died.

Medical marijuana has helped her and she doesn't have to take harmful narcotics anymore. I've road to the place with her and all types of people were going in and out and it's always busy. It's taking money out of drug dealers pockets and giving thousands of people good paying jobs in this state. It is somewhat new around here but I know the revenue must be impressive. I'm not sure the pot use even went up around here very much since it's legal.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7145175
01/19/21 07:57 PM
01/19/21 07:57 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Yea, and if he gets in a car or freaks out and kills a little kid down the street then oh well, at least you and yours are safe this time. RIGHT!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

So we're banning something because somebody MIGHT do something? None of that silly "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense huh?

Better hand in your guns and traps before something bad happens comrade.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145196
01/19/21 08:08 PM
01/19/21 08:08 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Pot needs to be federally legalized. It’s only a big deal because people make it a big deal. Here in Nevada it’s legal recreationally, and there have been exactly zero negative effects on the state of affairs here. They can’t take away your guns here for using it, because they don’t even know wether or not you use it or wether you have guns, you don’t need a permit for either. Now if you’re high and in possession of a gun, just like drunk and in possession of a gun, that’s a problem. And for all intents and purposes, before anyone asks, being in your home where your guns are stored and being drunk/high is not an issue. Nobody is going around knocking on doors checking if you are drunk/high and searching your house for guns.

I know A LOT of people who smoke, both medically and recreationally, and I know maybe one or two that are your stereotypical “stoner”. Some of them are school teachers, some of them construction workers, farmers, cowboys, business owners. They work hard and are productive, responsible members of society. Pot isn’t a problem. People always seem to think it’s the same as heroin or meth. It’s really not.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7145202
01/19/21 08:11 PM
01/19/21 08:11 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

So we're banning something because somebody MIGHT do something? None of that silly "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense huh?

Mike

No, like most that keep talking but not listening, you are missing the point. First, drugs are not a right. Guns are so that comment is moot from the get go. Secondly, Not banning Meth, Heroin and other hard drugs because someone "might" do something. They need to be banned because users do things. All of them do things that affect society in a negative way. Again, this is a very simple concept.

Last edited by Finster; 01/19/21 08:11 PM.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145209
01/19/21 08:13 PM
01/19/21 08:13 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
You would be better off just taking a ticket for smoking weed then getting a card and having to
Give up your guns. Pretty Simple solution. Just smoke your weed if you want to and live your life

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Bob] #7145218
01/19/21 08:19 PM
01/19/21 08:19 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Bob
Pot needs to be federally legalized. It’s only a big deal because people make it a big deal. Here in Nevada it’s legal recreationally, and there have been exactly zero negative effects on the state of affairs here. They can’t take away your guns here for using it, because they don’t even know wether or not you use it or wether you have guns, you don’t need a permit for either. Now if you’re high and in possession of a gun, just like drunk and in possession of a gun, that’s a problem. And for all intents and purposes, before anyone asks, being in your home where your guns are stored and being drunk/high is not an issue. Nobody is going around knocking on doors checking if you are drunk/high and searching your house for guns.

I know A LOT of people who smoke, both medically and recreationally, and I know maybe one or two that are your stereotypical “stoner”. Some of them are school teachers, some of them construction workers, farmers, cowboys, business owners. They work hard and are productive, responsible members of society. Pot isn’t a problem. People always seem to think it’s the same as heroin or meth. It’s really not.

I haven't really seen a post on here saying pot was even that bad. In fact, I agree just like I said in my original post back on page 1. The problem is that this will not be the end of it. In fact it's the beginning. Other drugs, much harder drugs will eventually be legalized. It's already happened in Oregon. Once the greedy politicians see the tax revenue, they will start the ball rolling. After all, the last thing they really care about are the people. that is very obvious. The harder drugs are the problem and it's coming. Think things are bad now with the drug problem? Wait until it's legal and there is even less of an issue getting it (not that it's difficult now).

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7145228
01/19/21 08:22 PM
01/19/21 08:22 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Finster

Mike

No, like most that keep talking but not listening, you are missing the point. First, drugs are not a right. Guns are so that comment is moot from the get go. Secondly, Not banning Meth, Heroin and other hard drugs because someone "might" do something. They need to be banned because users do things. All of them do things that affect society in a negative way. Again, this is a very simple concept.

Here is the point you fail to understand... Once you set the precedent to give government the power to ban something because a segment of the population use it in an irresponsible/criminal manner, you've opened the door for them to do whatever they want in the name of "public safety"

You literally just posted a YouTube video about a gun manufacturer being sued into bankruptcy because antigunners think he should be responsible for the actions of the end-users of his products.

You can't seem to make the leap that "But it's drugs" is the same as "But it's guns"

We don't prosecute people for what they MIGHT do. A free society means you have to wait until a crime is committed.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145265
01/19/21 08:44 PM
01/19/21 08:44 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Who benefits the most from the "War on Drugs"?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Finster] #7145268
01/19/21 08:46 PM
01/19/21 08:46 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
O you think that making drugs illegal makes a difference.

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: OhioBoy] #7145271
01/19/21 08:47 PM
01/19/21 08:47 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Finster, you don’t seem to understand that wether it’s legal or not has zero effect on wether or not people do it. All drugs should be legal, the only thing making them illegal does is give power to cartels and create a drain on our tax dollars. Putting someone in jail has never stopped them from continuing to use meth. Not once. There are the people who do meth and the people that don’t, and wether it’s legal or not has no bearing on which ones are which.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7145275
01/19/21 08:50 PM
01/19/21 08:50 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Here is the point you fail to understand... Once you set the precedent to give government the power to ban something because a segment of the population use it in an irresponsible/criminal manner, you've opened the door for them to do whatever they want in the name of "public safety"

You literally just posted a YouTube video about a gun manufacturer being sued into bankruptcy because antigunners think he should be responsible for the actions of the end-users of his products.

You can't seem to make the leap that "But it's drugs" is the same as "But it's guns"

We don't prosecute people for what they MIGHT do. A free society means you have to wait until a crime is committed.

Mike

You are using the verbiage "segment of the population" Fine. Mike, can you give me one example of a segment of the population of hard drug users that has had a positive effect on society? By your verbiage, you apparently are saying that some of the people use meth and heroin responsibly. I've never seen one. In addition, you keep bringing guns into this argument (yes, I haven't forgotten the OP). Guns are a right. It's a completely different subject. Can that right be taken away? Sure! However, it must be done with due process. One last point, you say wait until a crime is committed and not for what someone might do. Well, if the neighbor is high on meth and meth is illegal, a crime has been committed has it not?

Re: Medical Marijuana and 2nd Amendment ??? [Re: Bob] #7145277
01/19/21 08:52 PM
01/19/21 08:52 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Bob
Finster, you don’t seem to understand that wether it’s legal or not has zero effect on wether or not people do it. All drugs should be legal, the only thing making them illegal does is give power to cartels and create a drain on our tax dollars. Putting someone in jail has never stopped them from continuing to use meth. Not once. There are the people who do meth and the people that don’t, and wether it’s legal or not has no bearing on which ones are which.

I disagree. Prisons are full of people that used to do hard drugs. many of them change their ways and a lot of them stay clean after prison. People that go to AA or NA call this "hitting rock bottom"

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread