No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Weird Day #7150054
01/22/21 07:54 PM
01/22/21 07:54 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline OP
trapper
il.trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Texas daughter calls first thing this morning laughing so hard she could hardly talk. She was headed home from dropping her younguns at school and there was a pig and a emu walking down the road she lives on. She has no idea how they got there or where they come from. Another car stopped as she was taking pics and asked if they were hers, NOPE. She has asked all the folks around her and not a one has any idea about them. Lavernia is getting weirder by the day!!!!

About 12:30-1:00 I am setting mole traps at a daycare center. I had made sure the kids would not mess around the traps and was told no problem. So I am down on my knees placing a trap and hear "what ya doin mister?" right in my ear. I just about had a heart attack!! Scared me so bad I had to laugh real hard.

Then my son calls me about 2:30 and says Congrats papa, we have another daughter!!! Kinsley weighed in at 9lbs 10z. She wasn't due till the 28th. LOL

Now to finish it off. I had a customer that is way past due on their payment for a job I did for them. I get home to see this truck sitting out front. It was them waiting for me to get home to make full payment. I was astonished to say the least!!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

Re: Weird Day [Re: il.trapper] #7150126
01/22/21 08:45 PM
01/22/21 08:45 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
iL trapper
You are still setting mole traps? It was 22 degrees today and the wind was blowing at 12 mph. I hope tomorrow goes as good as todays.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Weird Day [Re: il.trapper] #7150173
01/22/21 09:10 PM
01/22/21 09:10 PM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline OP
trapper
il.trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Yeah I still set for moles. We have had some ground freezing weather but not much. I use the Albano traps when trapping in cold weather and they seem to do well. They are deep enough until we get a really hard freeze for a few days they work. First year using them and have been happy so far. Can't use the OOS traps now because of the freeze and because this is in a day care center and I don't want to have any accidents.

Re: Weird Day [Re: il.trapper] #7150183
01/22/21 09:16 PM
01/22/21 09:16 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by il.trapper
Yeah I still set for moles. We have had some ground freezing weather but not much. I use the Albano traps when trapping in cold weather and they seem to do well. They are deep enough until we get a really hard freeze for a few days they work. First year using them and have been happy so far. Can't use the OOS traps now because of the freeze and because this is in a day care center and I don't want to have any accidents.

Those are good cold weather traps..

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Weird Day [Re: il.trapper] #7150293
01/22/21 10:32 PM
01/22/21 10:32 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Cow pies that some beasts left in early November when they were still the pasture I walked across this evening are still there and frozen hard. I bet November cow turds aren't really recognizable as the same in central Illinois about now grin

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread