Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What Fleshing Knife? [Re: Kmax8] #7379922
10/15/21 07:32 PM
10/15/21 07:32 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Not needed maybe,but you get much better air circulation when you turn the hides with 2 keys on the back even on split boards,most especially in the head.
I board wolf on split boards and use two 1 inch dowells all the way up from each side of the tail right to the eye holes.Then use a fan to blow air up the back between the skin and the board.

You can see the back keys here,and right up to the eye hole to keep the ears up off the board for air circulation into the turned ear cavity.Drys the back and neck area quickly allowing the all important air circulation up through the hide between the pelt and the board.

In one pic you can see the small fan that does the job.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Boco; 10/15/21 07:44 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What Fleshing Knife? [Re: Kmax8] #7380128
10/16/21 12:34 AM
10/16/21 12:34 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Once the hide has been turned fur out on coyotes I leave them drying fur out till the hide is dry enough to hold It's shape then I remove it from the board. I then reposition the KEYs so they give me good air circulation through out the length of the hide. Never had a slipper doing It this way.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread