ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rabies [Re: Short Track] #7152764
01/24/21 07:06 PM
01/24/21 07:06 PM
New York
Short Track Offline OP
trapper
Short Track  Offline OP
trapper

New York
If you get scratched, or bitten, just go straight to the ER. I went to an urgent care, they were clueless. Next day I went to my regular Dr. and he sent me straight to the ER. He said do NOT FUUUCK around with Rabies. Just get the 2 month interval treatment, which I did. The question is I did that last year, so how do I keep up the Titers?? No one really knows, so I'll have to ask a vet.

Just a weekend trapper...
Re: Rabies [Re: Short Track] #7157373
01/27/21 02:13 PM
01/27/21 02:13 PM
Mt. Olive, IL
R
Ron Scheller Offline
trapper
Ron Scheller  Offline
trapper
R

Mt. Olive, IL
I had the pre-exposure rabies shots about 15 years ago (due to working in close proximity of thousands of bats every year in my exclusion projects). I get my titer level checked every 2 years. You can add it to regular blood tests for cholesterol, sugars, whatever (normal wellness checks). I have never needed a booster. It is still a bit disturbing that so many have no idea the PRE-exposure shots are NOT a life-long vaccine. If contact is made with any question of rabies involvement, you still need to get the follow-up shots. The pre-exposure shots simply get you a head-start on the process. For that reason, many people choose not to get them, since a rabies exposure mandates a trip for the shots anyway. But those at high risk for exposure are wise to get the pre-exposure shots.

Ron Scheller

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread