No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153132
01/24/21 10:18 PM
01/24/21 10:18 PM

S
sourdough
Unregistered
sourdough
Unregistered
S

SJA something you said earlier stuck with me and made my blood boil, so gotta respond, you said you don't grow old being foolish and the grave yards are full of the young, well your right, most of those young are patriots that died fighting for you right to say what you want, and I will venture a guess that there are A LOT of graves filled by old men that died knowing they were cowards.

Re: Upside down flag [Re: gutthooked] #7153137
01/24/21 10:21 PM
01/24/21 10:21 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by gutthooked
I seen a cool flag out along the highway, but would get thrown off trapperman for posting it.

i think my son has that flag, my wife asked him to not fly that one out side !!!!!

Re: Upside down flag [Re: ] #7153151
01/24/21 10:27 PM
01/24/21 10:27 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by sourdough
SJA something you said earlier stuck with me and made my blood boil, so gotta respond, you said you don't grow old being foolish and the grave yards are full of the young, well your right, most of those young are patriots that died fighting for you right to say what you want, and I will venture a guess that there are A LOT of graves filled by old men that died knowing they were cowards.

Sourdough now that's a poke in the eye 2X

Re: Upside down flag [Re: uglyduck] #7153224
01/24/21 11:06 PM
01/24/21 11:06 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by oneuglyduck
Originally Posted by James
I can just imagine how some of you would squeal if people had flown the flag upside down after the 2016 election.

Jim

it's not your flag ,whats to you,you did fly your flag up side down for the last 4years , past 4 years of your whining,crying ,complaining ,go to youtube [Rebel Son] [quit your b!tc#en] !!!! jamie!!!

Cracks me up when some babe of the forum tries to tell me what and where to post.

Take your crying to Paul. He loves whiners.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153258
01/24/21 11:29 PM
01/24/21 11:29 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
James you have faced direct questions and more than a few snide femarks about your vote and its implications for the 2A...

Are you ever going to address how your candidate is going to imperil our 2A rights? Or are you going to sit there and ignore it while smugly patting yourself on the back and repeating to yourself that you did the right thing?

You made it a point to make a post and ask other members if they were going to be man enough to honor their wagers... How about you pony up and tell us how you plan to reconcile your vote with your "love of freedom."

How about you dig deep for that last scrap of honor and address the question.

This is a response concerning 2A rights... So hit the NOTIFY button if you want... But a man would sack up and answer.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153265
01/24/21 11:37 PM
01/24/21 11:37 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Enquiring minds would like to know.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153346
01/25/21 12:48 AM
01/25/21 12:48 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I have no love for Biden. I think he is a threat to our Second Amendment rights. We ought to be able to stand together as lovers of the outdoors to resist his efforts impose more gun control laws.

I've said as much before.

My vote is really my own business. I felt I was voting for the lesser of two evils on every issue except gun rights. I don't want to turn this into a political fight by going into broader issues.

Trump was no real friend of the Second Amendment. We lost rights under him, and gained nothing. But he wouldn't have done as much damage as Biden will attempt to do to gun rights.

I don't hit the "Notify" button. Paul posted a week or so back that he doesn't recall James every complaining about a post. He wasn't completely right, as I remember hitting "Notify" a few times when someone posted inappropriate photos of their pot gardens and banned photos of dispatch methods.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153348
01/25/21 12:54 AM
01/25/21 12:54 AM
Colorado
B
bacatrapper Offline
trapper
bacatrapper  Offline
trapper
B

Colorado
If you voted for Joe Biden, and your rights are impuned, you shut your mouth and take your treats.

We may, or may not, have a can of beans for you.

We will not stand together.

Are you on pot James?

Last edited by bacatrapper; 01/25/21 12:54 AM.

thread killa
Re: Upside down flag [Re: James] #7153369
01/25/21 02:08 AM
01/25/21 02:08 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I have no love for Biden. I think he is a threat to our Second Amendment rights. We ought to be able to stand together as lovers of the outdoors to resist his efforts impose more gun control laws.

My vote is really my own business. I felt I was voting for the lesser of two evils on every issue except gun rights. I don't want to turn this into a political fight by going into broader issues.

Trump was no real friend of the Second Amendment. We lost rights under him, and gained nothing. But he wouldn't have done as much damage as Biden will attempt to do to gun rights.

I don't hit the "Notify" button. Paul posted a week or so back that he doesn't recall James every complaining about a post. He wasn't completely right, as I remember hitting "Notify" a few times when someone posted inappropriate photos of their pot gardens and banned photos of dispatch methods.

Jim

"I fully admit that I sowed the whirlwind, but I feel we should stand together when the time comes to reap it."

But at least you answered when I asked. Kudos to you counselor.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153372
01/25/21 02:24 AM
01/25/21 02:24 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I try to answer civil questions, but don't always have time.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Upside down flag [Re: Mike in A-town] #7153380
01/25/21 02:59 AM
01/25/21 02:59 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Jim

"I fully admit that I sowed the whirlwind, but I feel we should stand together when the time comes to reap it."

But at least you answered when I asked. Kudos to you counselor.

Mike

We all make mistakes.

Re: Upside down flag [Re: James] #7153499
01/25/21 09:03 AM
01/25/21 09:03 AM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio

Jim

glad you voted for the lesser of two evils,what you want your bumpstock back?seen you on here for the last 10 years

Re: Upside down flag [Re: James] #7153548
01/25/21 09:54 AM
01/25/21 09:54 AM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
[quote=James]I have no love for Biden. I think he is a threat to our Second Amendment rights. We ought to be able to stand together as lovers of the outdoors to resist his efforts impose more gun control laws. Well james good luck with stopping bidens gun control laws, were not standing together,the last words i want to hear is someone telling me [james has your 6]

Re: Upside down flag [Re: uglyduck] #7153549
01/25/21 09:56 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by oneuglyduck

Jim

glad you voted for the lesser of two evils,what you want your bumpstock back?seen you on here for the last 10 years

Catch22- is that you?

Re: Upside down flag [Re: Bogmaster] #7153550
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Even though we are disappointed in the election results---the last thing I would do ,is fly our flag upside down.So many brave people have given up their lives for our flag.Keep it flying the way it was intended to be flown.
Tom

THIS

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Upside down flag [Re: Finster] #7153566
01/25/21 10:22 AM
01/25/21 10:22 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Even though we are disappointed in the election results---the last thing I would do ,is fly our flag upside down.So many brave people have given up their lives for our flag.Keep it flying the way it was intended to be flown.
Tom

THIS

Exactly, how about we start by showing some respect for the 25,000 Guard members that they drug out to DC for a political stunt. They went to a place they didn't want to be, put up with crap they shouldn't have to take, and did their job like the professionals they are.

Re: Upside down flag [Re: James] #7153571
01/25/21 10:27 AM
01/25/21 10:27 AM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN

Jim

If that's not an answer folks can accept (I didn't say like), I don't know what to think.

I think the case of the upside down flag is such.......I'm not an expert at flag code aside form the basics like not touching ground, being lit at night, etc. If someone is going to fly the flag upside down right now, it's definitely going to get my attention and make me think. Some of the things I would probably think might be.......Huh, that's wierd. Why? I think they're overreacting and not looking at the big picture. I think that's not what I would be doing, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have their reasons.

I think that's the main thing, everyone has their opinion to the deal and it's a free country so I'm not going to hold it against them without a heck of a discussion. We've had veterans chime in on here that it's fine with them yet I know other veterans close to myself who feel quite the opposite.....I haven't served so I don't have much of a leg to stand on in that discussion.

Long story short, I personally think it's not right and won't be doing it at this point and things would have to get a heck of a lot worse to even consider it an option. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Upside down flag [Re: James] #7153584
01/25/21 10:41 AM
01/25/21 10:41 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely

Jim

James, you are correct sir, your vote is your own business. Well until you publicly declare who you are going to support then I believe it's fair that we should defend our position.

On a typical election, I wouldn't have given you fifty cents for either candidate, as it is I respectfully disagree you are wrong in your assessment that you voted for the lesser of two evils. It's not only gun control and you got a small, small, small taste of the ridiculousness of the new left in your writing class.

Being as it may both parties are taking us down the rabbit hole with unrestricted spending, hopefully we still have the ability to protect our homes and communities when the ability of governments to produce cash out of thin air ends.

Re: Upside down flag [Re: AntiGov] #7153588
01/25/21 10:44 AM
01/25/21 10:44 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
I agree ScottW, I liken flying the flags upside down to kneeling at football games.

If a man feels the need to protest put up a Gadsen flag and keep the MAGA flags flying high.

Re: Upside down flag [Re: Steven 49er] #7153605
01/25/21 11:01 AM
01/25/21 11:01 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I agree ScottW, I liken flying the flags upside down to kneeling at football games.

If a man feels the need to protest put up a Gadsen flag and keep the MAGA flags flying high.

I do too. I guess we should start looting now.

We don't fix this by acting like them. We fix this by being the better option for average Americans.

I am fine with the other flags.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread