No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155796
01/26/21 03:50 PM
01/26/21 03:50 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by Flint Lock
Fur is a renewable and sustainable resource. The production of polyester and other manmade synthetic alternatives contributes to greenhouse gasses and climate change. So put on a fur coat next time you get behind the wheel of that Tesla.

Tesla i could buy 15 brand new hyundai's for that kind of green and a fur hat to.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: walleye101] #7155811
01/26/21 03:58 PM
01/26/21 03:58 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by walleye101

I am all for reducing waste , but I don't need a chainsaw that saves a pint a year , but burns up lean and needs replacing. my saw could guzzle gas and still be saving major gallons.
wood took me from 750 gallons of #2 to 200 a year 550 gallons of #2 us saved by the burning of about 7 gallons of gas.

Green,
Your logic sounds like a liberal to me. You saved #2 fuel by burning wood ignoring the carbon footprint of the wood burned. It's like driving an electric car and pretending you are not using any energy.

wood puts the same carbon out whether it rots in the woods or I heat my house with it , just a time lapse thing.

every stick of would burnt in the last decade was storm damage , diseased , root rot , standing dead , or needed to come down because because it was too close to a building. the farm I cut at is 7 miles from the house I can fill my trailer 3 times and have a years worth. my splitter uses 2 gallons to split all of it at most it runs about 4 hours on a tank full , the saw uses very little gas.

running an air tight stove you can't even see any smoke once the fire is started for the morning

my 1964 Wisconsin burners furnace runs for a couple hours from about 4am to 6 am on and off to keep the temp at 67 then I get the fire box cleaned out and fire going again.

so I didn't need a new furnace every 10-15 years nor burn oil or NG constantly

please don't let those fools confuse you , into thinking a conservationist is a liberal.

some liberals will try to convince you they are conservationists , however not logging , not cleaning out the forest , not trapping not managing anything is not conservation it is waste and leads to other big issues.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 01/26/21 03:59 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: upstateNY] #7155848
01/26/21 04:19 PM
01/26/21 04:19 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Saying "Liberal Friends" is like saying "Turkey Bacon" grin

my wife use to buy turkey bacon , it's like eating little strips card board!!

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155855
01/26/21 04:24 PM
01/26/21 04:24 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
I find it disgusting that every thread on here has to turn political and put down liberals. I know plenty of liberals that don't have a clue about true science and plenty of conservatives that don't have a clue either. Even though this threads topic is derogative toward liberals, the original theme is about how to promote fur. Essentially how to help trapping gain traction. Aren't we all here because of trapping? Don't we all want the same thing? It would be nice if people put the politics aside and helped each other out with a heritage that we all feel is important.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155881
01/26/21 04:47 PM
01/26/21 04:47 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I agree with those sentiments atrapper.

Most people live somewhere in the middle between the two poles, and those are the ones we need to appeal to as their votes make or break when it comes to legislation that threatens our profession.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155928
01/26/21 05:31 PM
01/26/21 05:31 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Greencountypete after all the grief you got for using wood heading, i am almost afraid say i heat with wood , bars /chains/fuel/cost to heat my little 1500 sqf house for the winter= about $200.00+my back labor. green paper in my pocket looks like green energy/ammo/ guns / and new mud tires old red.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155952
01/26/21 05:55 PM
01/26/21 05:55 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
You're spot on beaverpeeler. I hope I'm wrong but it sure appears that as trappers our avenues for marketing fur are becoming less and less each year. ADC work will be the only trapping left if we don't do a better job of communicating with people the scientific facts about why trapping is beneficial to humans and animals alike. Then, we can start showing off our glamorous fur and start new trends!

The silver lining of this pandemic is the fact that there seems to be a spike in outdoor activities around the nation. In Minnesota anyhow, fishing, most hunting, and many other outdoor-related license sales are up. Now would be a great time to promote trapping harder than ever. If not now, when will we get more people involved in trapping?

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: corky] #7155958
01/26/21 06:04 PM
01/26/21 06:04 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
Originally Posted by corky
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Not quite. Wood produces the same carbon by the decomposition process over a longer period of time as it does being burned. Processing and heating with firewood, if done in an environmentally friendly manner also eliminates the need for a fuel guzzling delivery truck travelling out to the country on a regular basis.

Agreed. Also, wood ashes are a substitute for lime in a garden.

i have been dumping the ash in the garden.but i didn't know it would help.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7155967
01/26/21 06:12 PM
01/26/21 06:12 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Wood ashes supplies your garden with one of the big 3 labelled on garden fertilizer: N-P.K. K- Potash. A great, natural, and free fertilizer.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 01/26/21 06:13 PM.
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: uglyduck] #7155971
01/26/21 06:16 PM
01/26/21 06:16 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by oneuglyduck
Greencountypete after all the grief you got for using wood heading, i am almost afraid say i heat with wood , bars /chains/fuel/cost to heat my little 1500 sqf house for the winter= about $200.00+my back labor. green paper in my pocket looks like green energy/ammo/ guns / and new mud tires old red.

I absolutely love supplying my own heat from what nature has to offer. In the 30 plus years I've owned my own home I've had to buy firewood once when I was away for work a fair bit and I bought and processed a load of logs. And I save a lot more then $200 on a gym club membership! laugh

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: uglyduck] #7155976
01/26/21 06:29 PM
01/26/21 06:29 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by oneuglyduck

I put in my stove in 2007
that was the year #2 heating oil went from $1.40 to $4.16
the stove and new chimney didn't completely pay for it's self year one but it was close.

I bought a stihl MS260 that year also which lasted till 2018 when I sold it for parts recooping some money on that toward my new saw.

I tell the kids there are only 24 hours in the day and 52 weeks in the year , the boss will only pay you for about 45 hours a week so when you figure out how to save money at a rate faster than you earn it . go with it , if you kind of enjoy cutting trees even better.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: atrapper] #7155992
01/26/21 06:44 PM
01/26/21 06:44 PM
PA
F
Flint Lock Offline OP
trapper
Flint Lock  Offline OP
trapper
F

PA
Originally Posted by atrapper
I find it disgusting that every thread on here has to turn political and put down liberals. I know plenty of liberals that don't have a clue about true science and plenty of conservatives that don't have a clue either. Even though this threads topic is derogative toward liberals, the original theme is about how to promote fur. Essentially how to help trapping gain traction. Aren't we all here because of trapping? Don't we all want the same thing? It would be nice if people put the politics aside and helped each other out with a heritage that we all feel is important.

I know plenty of uninformed liberals and conservatives too, but I don't know any conservatives who are constantly trying to take away our rights and threaten to ban trapping. So pardon the slant against the offending party. If our way of life wasn't under constant attack, these threads wouldn't be so politically charged.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: atrapper] #7156038
01/26/21 07:22 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

cry

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7156039
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
You're spot on beaverpeeler. I hope I'm wrong but it sure appears that as trappers our avenues for marketing fur are becoming less and less each year. ADC work will be the only trapping left if we don't do a better job of communicating with people the scientific facts about why trapping is beneficial to humans and animals alike. Then, we can start showing off our glamorous fur and start new trends!

The silver lining of this pandemic is the fact that there seems to be a spike in outdoor activities around the nation. In Minnesota anyhow, fishing, most hunting, and many other outdoor-related license sales are up. Now would be a great time to promote trapping harder than ever. If not now, when will we get more people involved in trapping?

I know plenty of uninformed liberals and conservatives too, but I don't know any conservatives who are constantly trying to take away our rights and threaten to ban trapping. So pardon the slant against the offending party. If our way of life wasn't under constant attack, these threads wouldn't be so politically charged.

AMEN Brother!

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7156075
01/26/21 07:51 PM
01/26/21 07:51 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN

I'm pretty sure it was the past administration that was attacking the public lands we hunt, fish, and trap. That's certainly a threat to my way of life. That said, liberals do few favors for trappers.

Last edited by atrapper; 01/26/21 07:52 PM.
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: beaverpeeler] #7156086
01/26/21 07:57 PM
01/26/21 07:57 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I agree with those sentiments atrapper.

Most people live somewhere in the middle between the two poles, and those are the ones we need to appeal to as their votes make or break when it comes to legislation that threatens our profession.

We just got a lesson and learned votes don't matter.

No Jab.
Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7156171
01/26/21 08:44 PM
01/26/21 08:44 PM
Northern MN
A
atrapper Offline
trapper
atrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Northern MN
That horse has been dead awhile.

I'm curious to hear what others have done to help introduce others to trapping? What or who got you hooked on trapping?

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7156177
01/26/21 08:45 PM
01/26/21 08:45 PM
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio

2X Flint Lock you handled that like a professional.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: atrapper] #7156189
01/26/21 08:52 PM
01/26/21 08:52 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
That horse has been dead awhile.

I'm curious to hear what others have done to help introduce others to trapping? What or who got you hooked on trapping?

I'm just now getting my daughters boyfriend into it. I lost my first trap about fifty years ago when I didn't know how to stake for coon. I don't remember what provoked me to set my first trap. Fur-Fish & Game maybe.

Re: Remind your liberal friends that... [Re: Flint Lock] #7156208
01/26/21 08:58 PM
01/26/21 08:58 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota

I'm pretty sure it was the past administration that was attacking the public lands we hunt, fish, and trap. That's certainly a threat to my way of life. That said, liberals do few favors for trappers.

The past administration opened up more public lands to hunting and trapping.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread