No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Sharon] #7156366
01/26/21 10:04 PM
01/26/21 10:04 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by Sharon
Music to the ears, SJA !
[Linked Image]

SWEET! Sharon

. . . and here's my next truck [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Eveready Batts . . . yeah, that's the ticket!
laugh

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156378
01/26/21 10:08 PM
01/26/21 10:08 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Yes , sweet muscle Cah......belongs to friends of mine, but I get to drive it on occasion....they tweaked the engine to just over 500 HP ....runs like a scalded dawg.....

Now thats a truck !

And trucks are what I love and have ...V8 with glass packs....

" I want to live in Montana....and drive a pick up truck " ...... Red October grin

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7156379
01/26/21 10:09 PM
01/26/21 10:09 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Bob
I see a lot of closed minds here. Electric is the future, wether you like it or not. Making the federal fleet electric is a good step toward pushing through the infrastructure, as well as giving engineers and scientist more incentive to innovate. Just because in your tiny little world view you can’t imagine it being possible, doesn’t mean we can’t make it possible. I suppose all of you who are finding fault with electric vehicles all have electrical engineering doctorates? Chemistry doctorates? You’ve designed, manufactured, and tested all of the different types of electric charging stations, batteries, and power generators like solar, wind, water, etc?

There are people who have studied this stuff intensely for decades whose full time job is to make it viable. It becomes more and more viable every year. Im 100% pro green power, having been an oilfield worker for a decade I would really like to see us advance past our dependency on fossil fuels. We will never get completely away from fossil fuels, but the less we can use the better.

You all gotta stop being afraid of change and embrace it, cause it’s comin wether you want it or not. You can grow with the world or die mad about it and the world will grow without you.

My "tiny little world view" doesn't see it any time soon.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156385
01/26/21 10:11 PM
01/26/21 10:11 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
So since you can’t see it anytime soon, we shouldn’t take steps toward it?

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Sharon] #7156391
01/26/21 10:12 PM
01/26/21 10:12 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Yes , sweet muscle Cah......belongs to friends of mine, but I get to drive it on occasion....they tweaked the engine to just over 500 HP ....runs like a scalded dawg.....

Now thats a truck !

" I want to live in Montana....and drive a pick up truck " ...... Red October grin

"Red October" . . . and hopefully it won't even have "one ping" in it! grin

Last edited by SJA; 01/26/21 10:13 PM.

Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: SJA] #7156402
01/26/21 10:14 PM
01/26/21 10:14 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by SJA

Now thats a truck !

"Red October" . . . and hopefully it won't even have "one ping" in it! grin

grin grin Not with all the synthetic top grade oil and premium fuel I run !

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Sharon] #7156429
01/26/21 10:27 PM
01/26/21 10:27 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
grin grin Not with all the synthetic top grade oil and premium fuel I run !

It's not the initial cost of a vehicle as much as the cost of improper maintenance and repairs if ya don't :-)

Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156433
01/26/21 10:28 PM
01/26/21 10:28 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Anybody know how much Walmart charges to charge up at one of their charging stations? Is it pretty fast to charge up?

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156444
01/26/21 10:32 PM
01/26/21 10:32 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
That's correct. I believe in spot, on time, best maintenance .

The only electric "plug in" I have is my block heater ! I cannot imagine no power in electric driven rides.

Folks out here need power to haul , carry , and just flat out get to where you are going up and down the Rocky Mountain front passes. Plus the winters play rough with batteries.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Sharon] #7156465
01/26/21 10:42 PM
01/26/21 10:42 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
That's correct. I believe in spot, on time, best maintenance .

The only electric "plug in" I have is my block heater ! I cannot imagine no power in electric driven rides.

Folks out here need power to haul , carry , and just flat out get to where you are going up and down the Rocky Mountain front passes. Plus the winters play rough with batteries.

I guess this wouldn't be much good out there then would it :-( . . . grin
[Linked Image]

Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Steven 49er] #7156478
01/26/21 10:47 PM
01/26/21 10:47 PM
Maine
J
Jonnytrapper Offline
trapper
Jonnytrapper  Offline
trapper
J

Maine
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
I'm all for EV's as long as they work as good as the combustion engine in the cold country and is priced commensurately

Cold really kills them. They wont output as much power, are much slower to charge, can't conserve juice with regenerative braking and if you run the heat can all together lead to about a 40% loss of range.

My biggest problem is the time it takes to charge. You can't just go and fill up. It takes 8-12 hours to charge a tesla. Or if you run out of juice on some rural road you'll have to get towed.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Squash] #7156488
01/26/21 10:52 PM
01/26/21 10:52 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Squash
And Nancy pelosi and husband heavily invested in Tesla a few months ago ???

Paul Pelosi bought 25 call options with a strike price of 500 dollars. Total value 1.25 million. Peanuts in the overall scheme of things. He paid between 500,001 and 1 million for the position

Mean As Nails
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7156491
01/26/21 10:54 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Bob
I see a lot of closed minds here. Electric is the future, wether you like it or not. Making the federal fleet electric is a good step toward pushing through the infrastructure, as well as giving engineers and scientist more incentive to innovate. Just because in your tiny little world view you can’t imagine it being possible, doesn’t mean we can’t make it possible. I suppose all of you who are finding fault with electric vehicles all have electrical engineering doctorates? Chemistry doctorates? You’ve designed, manufactured, and tested all of the different types of electric charging stations, batteries, and power generators like solar, wind, water, etc?

There are people who have studied this stuff intensely for decades whose full time job is to make it viable. It becomes more and more viable every year. Im 100% pro green power, having been an oilfield worker for a decade I would really like to see us advance past our dependency on fossil fuels. We will never get completely away from fossil fuels, but the less we can use the better.

You all gotta stop being afraid of change and embrace it, cause it’s comin wether you want it or not. You can grow with the world or die mad about it and the world will grow without you.

Hogwash. It's one thing to try and develop these things and quite another to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The idea is not viable at this point no matter how much you want it to be.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7156492
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Bob

Easy to do when you are spending someone else,s money.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Flipper 56] #7156494
01/26/21 10:55 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by Flipper 56
Originally Posted by Scuba1
They should start by making his chair electric. 400 Volts AC should do the trick.

Hahaha!!

X3 and add the black woman and nancy Pelosi

Nevada bound
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156496
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
See, that's just what I mean, that JT detailed.

Won't ever work out here.

SJA a Cah like those you have , would do great on the Big Sky roads ...full bore...but nice things go slow or not at all on gravel side roads -naturally ....and put away in winter. Everyone in the west with the Classics only drive them in summer ! Probably the same rules where you are.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Sharon] #7156502
01/26/21 10:57 PM
01/26/21 10:57 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
See, that's just what I mean, that JT detailed.

Won't ever work out here.

SJA a Cah like those you have , would do great on the Big Sky roads ...full bore...but nice things go slow or not at all on gravel side roads -naturally ....and put away in winter. Everyone in the west with the Classics only drive them in summer ! Probably the same rules where you are.

Yup, summertime and good weather cruzin' only. laugh

Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7156519
01/26/21 11:08 PM
01/26/21 11:08 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I will need two wives !!
One will cook rabbits for me and the other one.................will have lead soled shoes to drive some muscle cah from New England

Mean As Nails
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: white17] #7156523
01/26/21 11:10 PM
01/26/21 11:10 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by white17
I will need two wives !!
One will cook rabbits for me and the other one.................will have lead soled shoes to drive some muscle cah from New England

Now that's an American Dream! laugh

Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7156531
01/26/21 11:13 PM
01/26/21 11:13 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Bob

Excellent post Bob.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread