No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Found a body [Re: Fireplug] #7159788
01/28/21 11:21 PM
01/28/21 11:21 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Old hoarder the house had trails through it to walk, unopened food/milk/can goods/ papers on the floors knee deep with 3 dogs dies in front of a heated fan. Good thing he was wearing a windbreaker and jeans I had to go home and change my outfit the decomp odor was penatrating. sick

Originally Posted by Fireplug
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Old hoarder the house had trails through it to walk, unopened food/milk/can goods/ papers on the floors knee deep with 3 dogs dies in front of a heated fan. Good thing he was wearing a windbreaker and jeans I had to go home and change my outfit the decomp odor was penatrating. sick

Ever have to do the dead-body two step? In my former life ( a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), I had to investigate quite a few dead bodies/decomps where the flies and creepy crawlies were so bad that you took 2 steps and stomped your feet to shake the bugs off your pants.

Never fun getting the call of a "possible " dead body. Slather the Vicks vapor rub under your nose and get ready to go shower afterwards.

Had a couple of family members who were firefighters. One of them told us they went on several calls where someone hadn't seen their elderly neighbor for a few days... Or the postman noticed the mail piling up... He said as soon as you broke the door open, you knew.

His first step after death was verified was to go in the kitchen and find an aluminum pie pan and put sugar in it and set it on the stove and turn the burner on... He said burning sugar masked the smell enough to make it tolerable to stay in the house.

That always stuck in my head... Hopefully I never have to use that info.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Found a body [Re: Boco] #7159794
01/28/21 11:24 PM
01/28/21 11:24 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Originally Posted by Boco
You mean all those girls at the Sweetwater have diabetes?
Geeze they looked pretty healthy to me.

laugh

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Found a body [Re: concrete man] #7159801
01/28/21 11:30 PM
01/28/21 11:30 PM
Pennsylvania
TRAPDOC57 Offline
trapper
TRAPDOC57  Offline
trapper

Pennsylvania
Found a dead guy checking coyote traps with my brother. He shot himself with a shotgun right where we parked everyday. I hit my brakes so hard when I saw him my jimmy locked up and I almost ran his body over. We called 911 and I checked the traps later that day. Had to see the blood spot until I pulled my traps. Was the first coyote trapping I ever did and I caught 2 there. We saw him driving by several mornings coming from work I believe. Life is never that bad. My mom worked with his sister at the time. I think he knew we would find him. Nor that he was thinking about that.

Re: Found a body [Re: concrete man] #7159811
01/28/21 11:38 PM
01/28/21 11:38 PM
Maine
J
Jonnytrapper Offline
trapper
Jonnytrapper  Offline
trapper
J

Maine
It's called Paradoxical Undressing. Often seen in lethal hypothermia.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread