No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ozone descenting for hunting gear [Re: Rhino1] #7164714
02/01/21 01:28 AM
02/01/21 01:28 AM
Westvirginia
Ethan1234 Offline
trapper
Ethan1234  Offline
trapper

Westvirginia
Yeah they prob do

"You reap what you sow"
Im 15 and still the best trapper in glenwhite
Re: Ozone descenting for hunting gear [Re: tlguy] #7164755
02/01/21 04:52 AM
02/01/21 04:52 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
Originally Posted by tlguy
It definitely works, deodorizes my stinky truck. Snake oil my butt.

It’s just another way of using negative ions to improve your ability to hunt and trap. I wrote a book about it. It works. The traps that I manufactured using my pattents create a negative field going into and through the traps.The process creates a calming affect on the animal and also reduces the smell and stink in the trap.
The increase in negative ions in relation to a trap or other hunting devices also decrease the ability of the animal to detect the trap or to detect harm that the trap may cause him.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Ozone descenting for hunting gear [Re: AJE] #7164772
02/01/21 05:58 AM
02/01/21 05:58 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Serious question, other than the wind, is there any other predator that works hard to remove their scent?

What is their success rate?

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 02/01/21 05:59 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Ozone descenting for hunting gear [Re: AJE] #7164844
02/01/21 08:38 AM
02/01/21 08:38 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Online content
trapper
EdP  Online Content
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Hobbie, there is not another predator capable of removing their scent but they all have learned to hunt into the wind. Canines do roll in stinky dead stuff perhaps in an instinctive attempt to mask their scent but who knows for sure.

I think the degree to which ozone odor removal or any other odor removal method helps in a hunting situation is entirely situation dependent. The human body is constantly giving off scent but there will be even more scent available to be detected if there is also significant residual scent on clothing and gear. A scent trail disperses over distance and becomes less detectable so a weaker scent source translates into a shorter distance that it can be detected. I suspect that for a bowhunter it makes little difference because of the very short distances involved. For a rifle hunter in open country it may be more significant. Another situation dependent factor is how accustomed deer are to human scent. I hunt an area frequented by hikers year round so the deer tolerate some level of human scent but a mule deer on the open plains getting the slightest whiff might react differently.

Re: Ozone descenting for hunting gear [Re: AJE] #7165249
02/01/21 03:32 PM
02/01/21 03:32 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
My neighbor uses it and swears by it course he swore by charcoal suits getting treestands 40 ft in the air also he hunts 3 states and seldom gets a deer doesn't seem to help his shooting

olden tyred
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread