No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Marty] #7166974
02/03/21 01:03 AM
02/03/21 01:03 AM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Originally Posted by Marty
all news media is the enemy.

I’ll just about agree with you there. There is a couple left that just report the news.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7166980
02/03/21 01:10 AM
02/03/21 01:10 AM
PA
F
Flint Lock Offline
trapper
Flint Lock  Offline
trapper
F

PA
I am by no means defending the Biden administration, but if you look at the gun laws he proposed in his campaign, there's no confiscation. It sounds like he wants mandatory registration for assault rifles and will offer a buy-back program. You can either pay the registration fees or sell the guns to Uncle Sam, at least as I understand it. That's all bullshit, but it's not quite the same thing as confiscation.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7166984
02/03/21 01:13 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Enemy:
News media.
Social media companies.
Google/Amazon.

The owners/operators of all above.

Those companies are better than 50% responsible for the mess we have today.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7166985
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by Flint Lock
I am by no means defending the Biden administration, but if you look at the gun laws he proposed in his campaign, there's no confiscation. It sounds like he wants mandatory registration for assault rifles and will offer a buy-back program. You can either pay the registration fees or sell the guns to Uncle Sam, at least as I understand it. That's all bullshit, but it's not quite the same thing as confiscation.

Yes, confiscation comes after the registration.....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7166990
02/03/21 01:20 AM
02/03/21 01:20 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
I’ve also noticed some of the more conservative news organizations are turning on us.

I guess we'll have to stand alone and see where it goes. I'm buying more ammo tomorrow. The dealer doesn't have quite what I need in terms of bullet weight but it will give me something to lob downrange should things go south.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Posco] #7166996
02/03/21 01:26 AM
02/03/21 01:26 AM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Originally Posted by Posco
I’ve also noticed some of the more conservative news organizations are turning on us.

I guess we'll have to stand alone and see where it goes. I'm buying more ammo tomorrow. The dealer doesn't have quite what I need in terms of bullet weight but it will give me something to lob downrange should things go south.

I agree. I think a lot of us know where it’s going like it or not.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Posco] #7166998
02/03/21 01:29 AM
02/03/21 01:29 AM
ohio
J
jctunnelrat Offline
trapper
jctunnelrat  Offline
trapper
J

ohio
Originally Posted by Posco

Good luck Posco. our ammo shelves have been empty for weeks. (does any one have 3" .410 GA bird shot shells?) pm me.

jim
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: jctunnelrat] #7167000
02/03/21 01:35 AM
02/03/21 01:35 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by jctunnelrat
Good luck Posco. our ammo shelves have been empty for weeks. (does any one have 3" .410 GA bird shot shells?) pm me.

A local dealer has some in stock. It's not what I'm sighted in with but it will do in a pinch.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7167003
02/03/21 01:39 AM
02/03/21 01:39 AM
PA
F
Flint Lock Offline
trapper
Flint Lock  Offline
trapper
F

PA
The problem is that we are not organized. Patriots need to act in unison, not as individuals. As individuals, some will turn in their guns, some will rat on others, some will resist, but isolated resistance will be futile. The aim of social media right now is to silence and isolate us. George Washington and the Continental Congress organized without social media, and we need to figure out a way to do it too. Whether by states banding together or by some other means, it has to happen.

We need a leader. I had high hopes that Trump was going to take that charge, but sadly I feel as though he quit on us.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Last edited by Flint Lock; 02/03/21 01:42 AM.
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7167005
02/03/21 01:44 AM
02/03/21 01:44 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
The problem is that we are not organized. Patriots need to act in unison, not as individuals. As individuals, some will turn in their guns, some will rat on others, some will resist, but isolated resistance will be futile. The aim of social media right now is to silence us and to prevent us from organizing. George Washington and the Continental Congress organized without social media, and we need to figure out a way to do it too. Whether by states banding together or by some other means, it has to happen.

I had high hopes that Trump was going to take that charge, but sadly I feel as though he quit on us.

I agree with everything you said here except for Trump quitting on us. He did all he could do short of what the media claims he tried to do. He might have been a late bloomer finding his conservative bona fides but somewhere along the way he had an epiphany. The left's attacks brought him some clarity.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7167006
02/03/21 01:48 AM
02/03/21 01:48 AM
Minnesota
Woodsloafer72 Offline
trapper
Woodsloafer72  Offline
trapper

Minnesota

That is confiscation under the guise of rainbows and unicorns. If you didn't do either one you would end up in prison or dead.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7167008
02/03/21 01:53 AM
02/03/21 01:53 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The fact that not a single American has stepped up to aggressively protect our Second Amendment Rights tells me that the left has already won. I hope thousands proves me wrong.

Keith

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7167009
02/03/21 01:55 AM
02/03/21 01:55 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Its not just registration and a fee but registration under the national firearms act. The national firearms act says that the guns it covers are NOT protected by the 2nd amendment. So to say its just a tax and registration is disingenuous.

Biden wants any gun capable of having more than ten rounds categorized as owned by PRIVILEGE only.

CAPABLE of holding ten rounds is any gun with a detachable magazine. It also includes all those 22's with a tube magazine. He is not just talking about scary black rifles.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7167012
02/03/21 01:57 AM
02/03/21 01:57 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
The problem is that we are not organized. Patriots need to act in unison, not as individuals. As individuals, some will turn in their guns, some will rat on others, some will resist, but isolated resistance will be futile. The aim of social media right now is to silence and isolate us. George Washington and the Continental Congress organized without social media, and we need to figure out a way to do it too. Whether by states banding together or by some other means, it has to happen.

We need a leader. I had high hopes that Trump was going to take that charge, but sadly I feel as though he quit on us.

I agree with you except for the part that Trump quit on us. How to unify is the big question. I just can’t see it being done. Everything is against us. The media, Big Tech, etc. Heck, look how many gun owners, hunters and trappers voted for Biden. That isn’t unity.

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: KeithC] #7167013
02/03/21 02:01 AM
02/03/21 02:01 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by KeithC
The fact that not a single American has stepped up to aggressively protect our Second Amendment Rights tells me that the left has already won. I hope thousands proves me wrong.

Keith

The media just silenced a sitting US president. Is there someone above that paygrade that you have in mind?

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Getting There] #7167038
02/03/21 05:16 AM
02/03/21 05:16 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Getting There
I see on the news that Congress are going to get additional protection while they travel about.

Guess they aren’t ready to die for what they believe in. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7167052
02/03/21 06:05 AM
02/03/21 06:05 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY

Few if any Americans today are willing to risk it all like Washington and the rest of the patriots that helped gain our independence.
Beside, if a community formed a well regulated militia today, like the minute men of Lexington and concord, they would be labeled a domestic terrorist group. Then end up like the Branch Davidians. Don’t count on LE to side with the people, there are plenty of LE goons ready to bust you up side of your head with a billy club or shoot you. Everyone should watch the documentary, “Winter on Fire.”

Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Squash] #7167061
02/03/21 06:30 AM
02/03/21 06:30 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Squash

Few if any Americans today are willing to risk it all like Washington and the rest of the patriots that helped gain our independence.
Beside, if a community formed a well regulated militia today, like the minute men of Lexington and concord, they would be labeled a domestic terrorist group. Then end up like the Branch Davidians. Don’t count on LE to side with the people, there are plenty of LE goons ready to bust you up side of your head with a billy club or shoot you. Everyone should watch the documentary, “Winter on Fire.”

Sadly, this is correct.

-Goofy-
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Snowpa] #7167099
02/03/21 07:33 AM
02/03/21 07:33 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think it depends a lot on where you live. In my county it will be federal thugs trying to disarm americans.

Our ancestors were labeled terrorists and having the same discussions we are having now.

Right now refusal to comply is our best option.

Killing Americans for refusing to disarm is not going to sit well. Neither is stealing their money and property. I would really hate to be a banker if that starts happening.

Civil disobedience is where we start. One American at a time.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Gun confiscation [Re: Flint Lock] #7167145
02/03/21 08:31 AM
02/03/21 08:31 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Really???? You're sitting there and you don't really think that confiscation is the end game here!!!!! Good grief, if you can't see it now, you'll never see it.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread