No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
HAWAII NEEDS YOUR HELP #7170435
02/05/21 05:50 PM
02/05/21 05:50 PM
PA
P
pick65 Offline OP
trapper
pick65  Offline OP
trapper
P

PA

***NTA Alert- All Members! HAWAII NEEDS OUR HELP!

URGENT!!!

HAWAII NEEDS OUR HELP,
ACTION NEEDED
Dear NTA Members:
We would like to call on your help to stop a proposed ban on the sale and manufacturing of fur products in Hawaii. Every market lost is a precedent that will be set. It is important that we fight every proposed ban like it was our last!
This bill has been reintroduced again in both the house and senate. Last year, IFF Americas CEO, Mike Brown testified during a public hearing as well as engaged with members, COVID cut the legislative session short. WE are now calling on more voices to help.

The committee(s) on AEN (Agriculture and Environment) has scheduled a public hearing on February 8, 2021 at 1:00PM via ZOOM.
SB 969: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2021/Bills/SB969_.pdf
In order to testify or OPPOSE the bill, you must register with the Hawaiian legislature to do such, instructions are as follows:

Persons wishing to submit written testimony or request to testify via videoconference may do so up to 24 hours prior to the hearing.
Click here to submit written testimony.

If you wish to testify via videoconference during the hearing, please sign into your account on the Legislature's website, then click on the "Testimony" icon on the home page. Detailed step-by-step instructions are available on the testimony submittal page. They are also posted on the Legislature's website here.
Please note the following:

· The number of videoconference testifiers and/or time allotted to each testifier may be limited by the Chair when necessary to adhere to the committee hearing schedule. We may not be able to accommodate everyone who requests to testify remotely.
· Videoconference testifiers for this hearing will be limited to 2 minutes each.
For general help navigating the committee hearing process, please contact the Public Access Room at (808) 587-0478 or par@capitol.hawaii.gov. You can also visit their website at https://lrb.hawaii.gov/par/.

Log-in instruction: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/docs/testimonyinstructions.pdf
Below are sample letters you can edit for your own use. We encourage you to modify these to your own words as much as possible. Please note: All testimony received by the Hawai‘i Senate is posted on the Hawai‘i Legislature's website, which is accessible to the public. Please do not include private information that you do not want disclosed to the public.
Thank you in advance for your help on this very important matter.
Sincerely,
The IFF AMERICAS Team

SAMPLE 1
Dear,
I am writing to oppose SB969.
Designers and consumers recognize the value of fur as a natural, sustainable and renewable resource. And they recognize that unlike mass-produced fake fur apparel and other alternatives, real fur garments are produced by hand, requiring the artistry and skilled handiwork of talented craftsmen. The amount of energy and fossil fuel required for fabrication is relatively low when compared to large, automated factories. The fur trade supports land-based cultures and local indigenous populations contributing to environmental conservation. Fake fur, on the other hand, is not renewable, sustainable or biodegradable, and when washed these man-made materials release thousands of tiny plastic lint fibers into waste water that are then released into oceans and rivers where they are ingested by fish, mammals and sea birds.
In an era when the public is overwhelmingly aware of the environmental and social costs of mass- produced fast fashion we should be promoting natural, renewal, recyclable products that can last generations such as real fur, rather than the plastic materials and other synthetics such as petroleum based fake fur. This ban directly contradicts the many positive environmental moves Hawaii has taken in the past.

I urge you to vote against SB969.

SAMPLE 2
Dear ,
I am writing to you to urge you to oppose SB 969.
For over 40 years groups like PETA and HSUS have been hard at work to convince consumers to stop buying fur. Consumers have been bombarded, more than any other product category. Still, they are buying fur. In fact the global industry is a $30 billion dollar industry. Consumers have listened, perhaps they have done their research and they have made up their own minds. And no matter what claims are thrown at you about consumer attitudes and research, the cash register tells the truest story. If nobody was buying fur retailers wouldn’t be selling it and manufacturers wouldn’t be producing it.
What comes next? I wear leather shoes. I love to wrap myself in my cozy wool blanket, and I look forward to a grilled burger or juicy steak. There are members of my family who would not be with us today were it not for the medicines available to them through animal testing protocols. Which of these will be the next target of these animal extremist groups?
Because of a small group of very vocal activists you are making a choice for the rest of us. You are taking away our freedom of choice.

I urge you to vote against SB 969.

Last edited by pick65; 02/07/21 02:22 AM.
Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: pick65] #7170872
02/06/21 12:32 AM
02/06/21 12:32 AM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
I say mods pin this thread to the top

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: NorthenTrapper] #7170874
02/06/21 12:34 AM
02/06/21 12:34 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by NorthenTrapper
I say mods pin this thread to the top

Done

Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: pick65] #7171358
02/06/21 01:36 PM
02/06/21 01:36 PM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
Thank you Wolfdog

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: pick65] #7171578
02/06/21 05:25 PM
02/06/21 05:25 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Dog and cat fur products are exempted from the ban (page 4). What's up with that??

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: pick65] #7171584
02/06/21 05:29 PM
02/06/21 05:29 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK

Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: pick65] #7171609
02/06/21 05:57 PM
02/06/21 05:57 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
I submitted a written comment. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to create an account and use email verification, but it only took a few minutes.

Re: HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP [Re: KenaiKid] #7173663
02/08/21 07:53 AM
02/08/21 07:53 AM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
I submitted a written comment. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to create an account and use email verification, but it only took a few minutes.

Yes, A little bit of a pain, but was easy enough to take a few minutes and help support what we are. Everyone spends countless minutes on here take a few and help fight what we stand for!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread