No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
The "American High School"? #7173163
02/07/21 08:24 PM
02/07/21 08:24 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I got 10. Who has more?

I think we should open up "the American High School"

1. Guns are permitted locked in the gun rack of the pickup truck back window if you plan on hunting or shooting after class.
2. Gun parts can be taken to metal shop and worked on during your class time.
3. All boys are expected to carry a lock blade buck knife on their hip. Preferably in a black leather sheath but brown is acceptable.
4. Teachers shall teach real history
5. Teachers shall teach civics.
6. Boys must use the boys restroom and girls must use the girls rest room.
7. The pledge of allegiance will be said every morning and the phrase "One nation under God" shall be stated.
8. Fist fights will be dealt with by detention, an authority figure will make the two shake hands after. Police, swat, and DHS will not be called.
9. Boys will play boys sports and girls will play girls sports.
10. No disrespect will be tolerated either from students toward teachers or teachers towards students. Teachers will keep their political beliefs to themselves.

Last edited by Finster; 02/07/21 08:24 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173167
02/07/21 08:29 PM
02/07/21 08:29 PM
Wisconsin
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Happy Birthday Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Tell me where to apply to teach! I have History, Government, covered! And I am ready to retire.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173175
02/07/21 08:39 PM
02/07/21 08:39 PM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
That school sounds much better than my public school cant complain too much because my school still teaches civics.

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173209
02/07/21 09:08 PM
02/07/21 09:08 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Teachers shall be individually hired and retained on professional qualifications and merit, not union contract.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: KenaiKid] #7173214
02/07/21 09:13 PM
02/07/21 09:13 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Teachers shall be individually hired and retained on professional qualifications and merit, not union contract.

Nice

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173227
02/07/21 09:19 PM
02/07/21 09:19 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Sounds like when I went to High School, except we could check our rifles/shotguns/bows in at the principals office. Bolts/breech opened and no arrows.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Wanna Be] #7173256
02/07/21 09:28 PM
02/07/21 09:28 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Sounds like when I went to High School, except we could check our rifles/shotguns/bows in at the principals office. Bolts/breech opened and no arrows.

Yea, kinda where I got it from. When I went to high school.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173298
02/07/21 09:43 PM
02/07/21 09:43 PM
IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
ShawneeMan Offline
trapper
ShawneeMan  Offline
trapper

IL - Shawnee Ntl Forest
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Yea, kinda where I got it from. When I went to high school.

We stacked our shotguns and shell vests in a corner of the classroom so when school was out we could get after some bunnies!!
Some of the teachers would go with us.
But - that was grade school - ya' had to be at least a 7th grader...

How about reading, writing and arithmetic will be priority subjects to graduate.

Last edited by ShawneeMan; 02/07/21 09:44 PM.

Shawnee National Forest - We live out here because we're not all there.
http://www.ripcordassociation.com
101 Pathfinder Det / Vietnam 1969 - 1971
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173388
02/07/21 10:29 PM
02/07/21 10:29 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons and trophies will be awarded. All participants will get a hot dog and a soda, not a vegie wrap and a participation ribbon.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 02/07/21 10:42 PM.
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173438
02/07/21 11:06 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I would like to see gun awareness & safety as a required class, I do not mean some B.S. class. Cover rifles, (all action) and types. Same for shot gun along with pistols and revolvers. To include that ammo types and loads and what they are used for. At the end of the class the students are taken to a range to shoot the fire arms. This would take the help of your local gun clubs. You are starting to see some skeet or trap shooting as a school event in some schools. JMO

Short story, about 20 years ago when I was still flying a bird, I would go to a outdoor event that was put on by a local outdoor club.
There were all type of outdoor people there trappers, fishermen, fly fishing, bird watching, you name it-it was there. I was put on you young boy and girls to see what there was to do outdoors. 85% of the kid there was there with just there mothers, single gals with kids.
There are a lot of kid with no Dad's. End of Story.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173439
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Industrial Arts and Vocational Agriculture will be mandatory classes, all four years.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Getting There] #7173536
02/08/21 12:01 AM
02/08/21 12:01 AM
AK / ND
A
aknome Offline
trapper
aknome  Offline
trapper
A

AK / ND
Originally Posted by Getting There
I would like to see gun awareness & safety as a required class, I do not mean some B.S. class. Cover rifles, (all action) and types. Same for shot gun along with pistols and revolvers. To include that ammo types and loads and what they are used for. At the end of the class the students are taken to a range to shoot the fire arms. This would take the help of your local gun clubs. You are starting to see some skeet or trap shooting as a school event in some schools. JMO

Short story, about 20 years ago when I was still flying a bird, I would go to a outdoor event that was put on by a local outdoor club.
There were all type of outdoor people there trappers, fishermen, fly fishing, bird watching, you name it-it was there. I was put on you young boy and girls to see what there was to do outdoors. 85% of the kid there was there with just there mothers, single gals with kids.

I started a class called Outdoor Skills up here. One unit was Firearms. Once you passed the Safety Test (perfect score required), we went to the range daily for live round practice of field positions with .22 LR and centerfires. End of the unit was a shoot off to see who our two shooters were for a field trip to hunt local herder's reindeer that we purchased. Next unit was field dressing, then butchering. (We sold reindeer stew at HS Basketball games) We also had units for archery, hypothermia avoidance, snow shoeing/skiing, snow shelters and trapping.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: aknome] #7173646
02/08/21 07:26 AM
02/08/21 07:26 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by aknome
Originally Posted by Getting There

I started a class called Outdoor Skills up here. One unit was Firearms. Once you passed the Safety Test (perfect score required), we went to the range daily for live round practice of field positions with .22 LR and centerfires. End of the unit was a shoot off to see who our two shooters were for a field trip to hunt local herder's reindeer that we purchased. Next unit was field dressing, then butchering. (We sold reindeer stew at HS Basketball games) We also had units for archery, hypothermia avoidance, snow shoeing/skiing, snow shelters and trapping.

Geez, where do I sign up? grin Well done!

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7173653
02/08/21 07:38 AM
02/08/21 07:38 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Originally Posted by aknome

Geez, where do I sign up? grin Well done!

Yea, really! Sounds like a great class especially for that area of the country. Skills that will be needed living there. It would be a great class for any high school though.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173657
02/08/21 07:47 AM
02/08/21 07:47 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

If it's an American High School, then it should be full of Americans. Not Mexican Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans, African Americans, or White Americans. Just one category....Americans.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173666
02/08/21 07:55 AM
02/08/21 07:55 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
How about all sporting events will have the national anthem played, all participants will stand and show proper respect.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173673
02/08/21 08:03 AM
02/08/21 08:03 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
I got 10. Who has more?

1. Guns are permitted locked in the gun rack of the pickup truck back window if you plan on hunting or shooting after class.
3. All boys are expected to carry a lock blade buck knife on their hip. Preferably in a black leather sheath but brown is acceptable.
7. The pledge of allegiance will be said every morning and the phrase "One nation under God" shall be stated.
8. Fist fights will be dealt with by detention, an authority figure will make the two shake hands after. Police, swat, and DHS will not be called.
10. No disrespect will be tolerated either from students toward teachers or teachers towards students. Teachers will keep their political beliefs to themselves.

1) isn't acceptable, they should be allowed in school and stored in your locker as I did when in H.S.
2) isn't acceptable, metal shop should teach how to make guns. We made cannons in metal shop and fired them out back of the school when done.
3) Nobody should forced to carry a knife, it should be allowed and looked at no differently than carrying a wallet.

Finster, your too much a of a leftist, as #1 and 2 show.
grin

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: ] #7173675
02/08/21 08:06 AM
02/08/21 08:06 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by J Staton
If it's an American High School, then it should be full of Americans. Not Mexican Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans, African Americans, or White Americans. Just one category....Americans.

Good point.

You want to end all the supposed racism, its just Americans no more no less.

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Dirty D] #7173680
02/08/21 08:14 AM
02/08/21 08:14 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Dirty D
I got 10. Who has more?

1) isn't acceptable, they should be allowed in school and stored in your locker as I did when in H.S.
2) isn't acceptable, metal shop should teach how to make guns. We made cannons in metal shop and fired them out back of the school when done.
3) Nobody should forced to carry a knife, it should be allowed and looked at no differently than carrying a wallet.

Finster, your too much a of a leftist, as #1 and 2 show.
grin

That hurt! grin

Re: The "American High School"? [Re: Finster] #7173788
02/08/21 10:44 AM
02/08/21 10:44 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Each student would be on Day One provided with a copy of the constitution and Bill of rights, and in order to pass onto the next class, shall be able to recite atleast 3 different rights.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread