No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CBD Oil [Re: SJA] #7177056
02/10/21 08:34 PM
02/10/21 08:34 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by SJA
That'll be ok unless you're allergic to bee stings and go into anaphylactic shock.

Still cures the arthritis just more permanently if that the case.

Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177057
02/10/21 08:35 PM
02/10/21 08:35 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
As long as it helps your wife.........

formerly posting as white dog
Re: CBD Oil [Re: Providence Farm] #7177072
02/10/21 08:48 PM
02/10/21 08:48 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by SJA
That'll be ok unless you're allergic to bee stings and go into anaphylactic shock.

Still cures the arthritis just more permanently if that the case.

grin

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: CBD Oil [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7177085
02/10/21 08:53 PM
02/10/21 08:53 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Originally Posted by white dog
Get something with a little THC and get a good night's sleep. Lol

My wife acquired some special brownies from a friend and talked me into trying it. Hated it! Up half the night, restless, paranoid, couldn't swallow for some weird dry throat thing happening. Some sort of bad trip or something. It was the exact opposite of everything beneficial it's suppose to do for you, lol.

Hey Maannn!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177086
02/10/21 08:54 PM
02/10/21 08:54 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
330 T . . . it's "ey Monn" laugh

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177095
02/10/21 09:00 PM
02/10/21 09:00 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
I’ve been thinking about trying it too. Arthritis runs in the family and I already have it in my hands pretty bad. I have a hard time sleeping as well, so I might just go down to the smoke shop and get some Mary Jane with height CBD content and kill two birds with one stone, pun intended lol luckily quality cbd and thc is readily available here, it’s legal recreationally. Nevada also passed a law stating that you cannot be fired and employers cannot fire you based on a positive test for THC unless your job poses a risk to the safety of others.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177098
02/10/21 09:02 PM
02/10/21 09:02 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
tried it some worked some didn't now i know theres a zillion types brands mixtures out there so you ain't gonna get by cheap people i know use it for arthritus pain and seem satisfied course maybe their pain isn't all that bad to start with compared to others
Try it if it helps you thats all that matters

olden tyred
Re: CBD Oil [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7177099
02/10/21 09:03 PM
02/10/21 09:03 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Get something with a little THC and get a good night's sleep. Lol

My wife acquired some special brownies from a friend and talked me into trying it. Hated it! Up half the night, restless, paranoid, couldn't swallow for some weird dry throat thing happening. Some sort of bad trip or something. It was the exact opposite of everything beneficial it's suppose to do for you, lol.

You were given the Sativa strain. You should try the Indica strain.

Indica= In Da Couch
Sativa= Clean the house

In case you were wondering which strain does what, that pretty much covers it lol

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177112
02/10/21 09:10 PM
02/10/21 09:10 PM
Northern Illinois
J
JackD Offline
trapper
JackD  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Illinois
Don't buy anything that isn't GMP certified. GMP certification ensures the buyer that the oil is what the label says it is. Such as the strength and purity.

There are oils, sold at gas stations, drug stores, and all sorts of other retailers that SHOULD be outlawed. Same goes for a lot of other supplements and vitamins. People are spending their hard earned money on junk!

I'm a representative for CTFO and I can tell you about dozens, upon dozens, of testimonies of my family members, friends, and their pets that have had amazing results.
My number is 847-738-5225 for anybody who may be interested in trying some of the good stuff and/or making some very good extra money with a home based business that doesn't require any selling whatsoever.

Mr. CBD
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177116
02/10/21 09:13 PM
02/10/21 09:13 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline
trapper
jtg  Offline
trapper
J

Texas
I just started using it after trying everything else. I bought a small 2 ounce bottle of Sagely CBD Cream at Walgreens and the pain goes right away.

Last edited by jtg; 02/10/21 09:14 PM.
Re: CBD Oil [Re: FairbanksLS] #7177188
02/10/21 10:02 PM
02/10/21 10:02 PM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.

I'm no expert but have friends who are. You just got the wrong strain in those brownies. They were meant for the partiers.

I agree
"Sativa" dominant will do that.
Try anything "Indica" dominant.
You will have a different opinion.

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: CBD Oil [Re: Dillrod] #7177307
02/10/21 11:58 PM
02/10/21 11:58 PM
ontario, canada
O
old243 Offline
trapper
old243  Offline
trapper
O

ontario, canada
My daughter has been making ,cbd salve . Mixed with our own bee's wax and a bit of baby oil. If my shoulder is hurting , it takes the pain away, I think it relaxes you , makes you sleep better. old243

Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177401
02/11/21 01:59 AM
02/11/21 01:59 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
CBD really has nothing to do with the sativa or indica conversation. Legally, hemp is Cannabis sativa that has less than .3% THC. Many of the hemp strains that are grown for CBD have complex genetic backgrounds that may include both indica and sativa strains, with the THC component clipped mostly out with CRISPR gene editing tools used in horticulture.

The cannabis plant has many different cannabinoids, most which are not psychoactive. CBD, CBG, and CBC are just some that act as potent anti-inflammatorys and/or analgesics.

Commercially available CBD in the early going was very variable to content. Much of this was not scamming, just poor chemistry knowledge on part of the manufacturers.

I hear that things are better now.

As many of you know I have grown hemp commercially for a few years now and have become a fan of the wonderful things that CBD can do. My wife uses my homemade tincture as a sleep aid and it works great. No grogginess or feeling drugged like some of the over the counter aids. BTW, neither my wife or I like to get high. I do smoke hemp flower though after skinning beaver all day and it really does help. My partner who works a day job loading pallets also smokes hemp flower for his associate aches and pains. He thinks it' wonderful.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 02/11/21 02:07 AM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177406
02/11/21 02:07 AM
02/11/21 02:07 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
If you need CBD with zero chance of THC you need one that has been made with CBD isolate. Isolate has been purified to 99.9% CBD.

Personally, I think whole hemp extracts that have an entourage of various cannabinoids in small amounts produces the best effect.

The strains I have grown run from 12 to 19% CBD, but have small amounts of about 8-9 other cannabinoids, including THC. But all under 1%.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177416
02/11/21 03:14 AM
02/11/21 03:14 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
My daughter got me a bottle for the pain I was having in my legs. Pain similar to shin splints. The stuff seemed to work.

Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177460
02/11/21 06:35 AM
02/11/21 06:35 AM
Iowa
M
mink99 Offline
trapper
mink99  Offline
trapper
M

Iowa
I use the gummies now. Taste better. Really help my stomach at night and I do sleep better. No more waking to take tums during the night.

ITA, NTA, FTA
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177535
02/11/21 08:28 AM
02/11/21 08:28 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I guess this is where I stir the pot (no pun intended) and say at the very least I'm skeptical about this new "wonder drug". Do I think it has some benefits for certain illnesses? Yes I do. Do I think it cures everything from warts to a broken back. Well, I think that's a bunch of hokum. Though I admit I haven't tried it myself. A positive drug test would end my career so I'm not willing to risk that. I'm not spouting off out of pure ignorance here, I have researched this a little. I think after all the dust settles, it will be effective for a very narrow host of problems. Right now, it is all the rage and not many studies have been done. The good part is that it doesn't really seem like you can OD or it can hurt you badly unless you count your wallet. Here is an article I found on WebMD that sums things up fairly well.

CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Safe & Effective?

MONDAY, May 7, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems -- everything from epileptic seizures to anxiety to inflammation to sleeplessness.

But experts say the evidence is scant for most of these touted benefits.

Worse, CBD is being produced without any regulation, resulting in products that vary widely in quality, said Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor of psychology in psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

"It really is the Wild West," Bonn-Miller said. "Joe Bob who starts up a CBD company could say whatever the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) he wants on a label and sell it to people."

Cannabidiol is extracted from the flowers and buds of marijuana or hemp plants. It does not produce intoxication; marijuana's "high" is caused by the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

CBD oil is legal in 30 states where medicinal and/or recreational marijuana is legal, according to Governing magazine.

Seventeen additional states have CBD-specific laws on the books, according to Prevention magazine. Those are Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Strong Evidence for Treating Epilepsy

Only one purported use for cannabidiol, to treat epilepsy, has significant scientific evidence supporting it.

Last month, a U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory panel unanimously recommended approval of the CBD medication Epidiolex to treat two rare forms of childhood epilepsy.

"That's really the only area where the evidence has risen to the point where the FDA has said this is acceptable to approve a new drug," said Timothy Welty, chair of the department of clinical sciences at Drake University's College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, in Des Moines, Iowa.

For the rest of CBD's potential uses, there is simply too little evidence to make a firm conclusion.

For example, some human clinical trials suggest that CBD could be effective in treating symptoms of anxiety, particularly social anxiety, Bonn-Miller said.

This is the potential use for CBD with the most evidence after usefulness in epilepsy, but "there's a decent gap between those two," he said.

"There have been clinical trials in adults, but a lot smaller than the epilepsy studies that have been done in kids," Bonn-Miller said.

CBD's usefulness as an anti-inflammatory medication is the next most promising, but those results come mostly from animal studies, experts said.

Most Other Uses Largely Unproven

The rest of the potential uses -- as an antipsychotic, antidepressant or sleep aid "have all been studied in animals, with only one or two examples of studies in humans," Bonn-Miller said.

And Welty said the studies that have featured humans for these other CBD uses have either been case reports or studies that did not compare results against a control group that did not use the oil.

"There's no control, so it's basically how do you know if we're dealing with the true effect of the drug or just simply a placebo effect because somebody thinks they've been given a drug that will be beneficial?" Welty said.

There also are concerns about both the quality of CBD oil being produced and its potential side effects, the experts added.

Lack of Regulation Also Concerning

Because of the legally murky nature of marijuana, the FDA has not stepped in to regulate products like CBD oil, Bonn-Miller said. States are struggling to put regulations in place, but they don't have the deep pockets of the federal government.

Meanwhile, a 2017 study led by Bonn-Miller found that nearly 7 of 10 CBD products didn't contain the amount of marijuana extract promised on the label.

Nearly 43 percent of the products contained too little CBD, while about 26 percent contained too much, Bonn-Miller said.

"CBD is kind of a tricky drug because it's not very well absorbed orally," Welty explained. "Less than 20 percent of the drug is absorbed orally. If it isn't made in the right way, you may not be getting much drug into your systemic circulation."

Worse, about 1 in 5 CBD products contained the intoxicating pot chemical THC, Bonn-Miller and his colleagues found.

"That's a problem because THC can increase anxiety. It can actually make seizures worse. Those are the sorts of things you need to be careful about," Bonn-Miller said.

"If I were a consumer, purchasing it for myself or my kid, I would want to test it so that I knew what it actually had in it, because I couldn't trust what was on the label," Bonn-Miller concluded.

Potential Interactions With Other Meds

Studies on CBD also have raised concerns about possible interactions with other drugs.

For example, epilepsy studies found that "there were very clearly increases in the blood levels of some other anti-epileptic drugs when people were on CBD," Welty said.

This could mean that people taking anti-epilepsy drugs alongside CBD will need to adjust their dosage downward to avoid side effects, Welty noted.

There also is some indication that CBD might harm the liver. About 10 percent of people taking CBD in studies had increases in liver enzymes, which would indicate possible liver damage, Welty said.

"About 2 to 3 percent of individuals taking CBD actually had to discontinue because their liver enzymes went so high it was of concern to the people running the study," he said.

Welty recommends that people interested in CBD seek out a doctor who has read up on the extract and its potential uses.

"My bottom-line advice is people really need to be under the care of a health care provider who understands CBD. They need to be monitored and managed by that individual, and not just go out and buy CBD thinking it's going to be the answer," Welty said.

Source: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20180507/cbd-oil-all-the-rage-but-is-it-safe-effective

Last edited by Finster; 02/11/21 08:29 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177538
02/11/21 08:31 AM
02/11/21 08:31 AM
Emporia, Ks
220SWIFT Offline
trapper
220SWIFT  Offline
trapper

Emporia, Ks
Reduce your sugar intake to help with your arthritis ,.. sugar is an acid that inflames your entire body including your brain and nervous system.

CBD is ultra effective when it’s in a 1 to 1 ratio with THC.
CBD will cancel the stone effect THC

If you own a firearm...please join the NRA.
Re: CBD Oil [Re: MB750] #7177546
02/11/21 08:37 AM
02/11/21 08:37 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
I'm with Finster. I hate to sound cynical, and obviously some have really done their homework (beaverpeeler) but the truth is a lot of people who wouldn't use it before legalization are jumping on the health benefits bandwagon to enjoy getting high while trying to avoid the stigma still surrounding the stoner lifestyle.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 02/11/21 08:38 AM.
Re: CBD Oil [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7177573
02/11/21 08:56 AM
02/11/21 08:56 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I'm with Finster. I hate to sound cynical, and obviously some have really done their homework (beaverpeeler) but the truth is a lot of people who wouldn't use it before legalization are jumping on the health benefits bandwagon to enjoy getting high while trying to avoid the stigma still surrounding the stoner lifestyle.

Just to clarify, CBD oil does not produce euphoria. However, I understand where you are coming from. The only reason they made pot legal for medicinal purposes is because they intended to legalize it all together from the get go. That was obvious to anyone paying attention. I said it back then and it came to pass. Just they way they went about it, you could get a script for a hangnail. Setting all of that aside and getting back to CBD, the thing that amazes me is that some of the same people that are touting CBD as this new wonder drug, are some of the same people that won't trust the Covid vaccine. I'm sure I'll be getting the "It's natural" argument (so are poisonous mushrooms). I'm in the "I don't trust either camp".

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread