No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Boco] #7180859
02/13/21 07:16 PM
02/13/21 07:16 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Originally Posted by Boco
FHA is not a fur buyer-didnt you read Marks letter?They were formed by trappers for trappers because trappers were tired of getting ripped off by all the crooked buyers.
......there not an auction house either when they start giving fur away by private treaty for what ever they feel like!! that not an auction!!

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180863
02/13/21 07:18 PM
02/13/21 07:18 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
LL that was the wrong question for wissmiss. The question should have been, "How much fur are you buying cheap in the Pt room?" smile

Who is John Galt?
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: wallfur] #7180868
02/13/21 07:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by wallfur
FHA is not a fur buyer-didnt you read Marks letter?They were formed by trappers for trappers because trappers were tired of getting ripped off by all the crooked buyers.
......there not an auction house either when they start giving fur away by private treaty for what ever they feel like!! that not an auction!!

They are indeed an auction house.When they have a bunch of junk fur that no one bids on they are not going to keep it until it turns to bug dust.They will burn it or sell it.
It is right in their conditions in plain english(and french) for the consignors.
If you dont like the conditions, dont ship it or If you didnt read it you can just whine later.

Last edited by Boco; 02/13/21 07:25 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Dirt] #7180869
saskatchewan canada
K
kingrat Offline
trapper
kingrat  Offline
trapper
K

saskatchewan canada
Originally Posted by Dirt
LL remember when Herman was the expert we were all supposed to shut up and listen to? blush

Yes and where is herman now? Retired and rich, and I'm sure he had a couple buddies along for the ride.

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180883
02/13/21 07:33 PM
02/13/21 07:33 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
BOCO NONE of my coon were section III. They almost gave them away and they were all valued at higher than what the average was. You are grasping for straws there. He said he would hold the valuations. They are having an auction this spring. They should not have given them away so someone could sell them at another auction in China. It is a bad move and will hurt them going forward. They will be the next to close the doors and then it will be only GFW. Maybe you can sell a few mittens out of your fur then. You just don't get it. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180888
02/13/21 07:35 PM
02/13/21 07:35 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho

They are indeed an auction house.When they have a bunch of junk fur that no one bids on they are not going to keep it until it turns to bug dust.They will burn it or sell it.
It is right in their conditions in plain english(and french) for the consignors.
If you dont like the conditions, dont ship it or If you didnt read it you can just whine later.[/quote].....boco i think alot of shippers will do just that'" NOT SHIP'" and what will that do for "AUCTION HOUSE" no fur= no auction......with the exception of canadians with no other place to market there fur. people are tired of the dishonest dealings!

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180891
02/13/21 07:39 PM
02/13/21 07:39 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
The PT option should be done away with. If your there to buy fur then buy It when It comes up for the Intial bid.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180897
02/13/21 07:49 PM
02/13/21 07:49 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by wallfur

If you dont like the conditions, dont ship it or If you didnt read it you can just whine later.
.....boco i think alot of shippers will do just that'" NOT SHIP'" and what will that do for "AUCTION HOUSE" no fur= no auction......with the exception of canadians with no other place to market there fur. people are tired of the dishonest dealings!
[/quote]

I wish this was true however when SHAFTA wrote us all bad checks there were trappers on here saying they would still ship them fur even when they said they were broke. Same way with trappers selling their fur below cost of production here in the states. I will not put a knife to anything again that even looks like it will not make me a profit. Plenty to be made in the nuisance business without giving my time and money to someone else. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Dirt] #7180901
02/13/21 07:53 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Originally Posted by Dirt
LL that was the wrong question for wissmiss. The question should have been, "How much fur are you buying cheap in the Pt room?" smile

Touché.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180902
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana

Our Indiana state once a year sale was today and from what I'm hearing....everything sold... shocked

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180903
02/13/21 07:56 PM
02/13/21 07:56 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Fur harvesters does not just sell fur from trapper consigners. A lot of their consigners were and maybe still are large country buyers also. By holding the line on product they are also trying to protect their consigners. The trapper consigner's 200 rats or 10 coyotes is just a small part of their consigners. I do think that they should contact their larger consigners before offering up the goods at a lesser valuation which I think they may do. If you have 10 mink on the sale its not practical for them to do that. I think wissmiss opinion matters as much as anyone here. She has more in site into the how the fur sales work than most. Maybe rather than be so critical you should respect her opinion weather you agree with it or not.

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180916
02/13/21 08:10 PM
02/13/21 08:10 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
In many cases when large dealers consign fur to an auction, be it FHA or in the past NAFA, their goods are put in their own lots and they put a limit on that lot. FHA will not sell below that limit. That is why you some times hear the auctioneer turn down a bid and say “sorry, I have a limit”.

When NAFA first closed it’s doors, FHA said they would no longer allow dealers to put limits on their goods. Dealer goods would be inter sorted with trappers goods and offered/sold at market price.

For the most part, they have stuck with that plan. However, in my opinion, they are still allowing certain dealers with certain goods to put up their own lots with their own limits. No proof. Just my opinion based on what I’m hearing during the auction.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: LLtrapper] #7180929
02/13/21 08:20 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
BOCO NONE of my coon were section III. They almost gave them away and they were all valued at higher than what the average was. You are grasping for straws there. He said he would hold the valuations. They are having an auction this spring. They should not have given them away so someone could sell them at another auction in China. It is a bad move and will hurt them going forward. They will be the next to close the doors and then it will be only GFW. Maybe you can sell a few mittens out of your fur then. You just don't get it. LLL

I seen pics of your fur-it is top notch.
How long had they been in the cooler before they let them go?
It costs money to hold on to stuff,if there was no interest in coon(which there hasnt been for a while) I dont blame them for moving them into the market.
i wish I could get back to selling just a few hats and mittens,unfortunately it is hard to keep up.
I just seen Ron McLean on Hockey night in Canada sporting a beautiful pair of beaver and moosehide mitts.
The phone will be ringing tomorrow.
I think I will let it ring and go out to camp for a week.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Slick Pan] #7180930
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
Fur harvesters does not just sell fur from trapper consigners. A lot of their consigners were and maybe still are large country buyers also. By holding the line on product they are also trying to protect their consigners. The trapper consigner's 200 rats or 10 coyotes is just a small part of their consigners. I do think that they should contact their larger consigners before offering up the goods at a lesser valuation which I think they may do. If you have 10 mink on the sale its not practical for them to do that. I think wissmiss opinion matters as much as anyone here. She has more in site into the how the fur sales work than most. Maybe rather than be so critical you should respect her opinion weather you agree with it or not.

If everyone's opinion matter's then it is my opinion on who's matters and why right? If you have no skins in the game you have no opinion in my opinion. LLL

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Boco] #7180935
02/13/21 08:24 PM
02/13/21 08:24 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

I seen pics of your fur-it is top notch.
How long had they been in the cooler before they let them go?
It costs money to hold on to stuff,if there was no interest in coon(which there hasnt been for a while) I dont blame them for moving them into the market.
i wish I could get back to selling just a few hats and mittens,unfortunately it is hard to keep up.
I just seen Ron McLean on Hockey night in Canada sporting a beautiful pair of beaver and moosehide mitts.
The phone will be ringing tomorrow.
I think I will let it ring and go out to camp for a week.

I shipped them in March of last year as soon as they would come to get them. They were as fresh as anything else they had. I know where they graded. Remember they tried to have a sale or two since then. Open your country up and they may be able to sell something. LLL

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180944
02/13/21 08:32 PM
02/13/21 08:32 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Never liked the PT sales. Always felt like the trapper was bent over the table and felt it in the end! ( cry)
An auction should be competitive or it is not an auction.

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180954
02/13/21 08:37 PM
02/13/21 08:37 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Jurassic Park - so you would like to see FHA have say 4 sales a year. One every three months. Those are the only times of the year buyers can buy goods. Right??

How would you like to be able to only go to the grocery store or gas station or other retail establishment once every 3 months?? You have to buy everything you need for the next 3 months. Milk, bread, alcohol, cigarettes, whatever. No shopping what so ever, not even on line, between those 4 yearly trips. Would that work for you and your family????

I suppose for some folks in Canada and Alaska, this is what they do normally, a way of life for them. But in the lower 48 I’m thinking that a lot of folks, including members on Tman, go to the grocery store at least once a week, if not more often. I doubt they could survive going only 4 times a year.

Go ahead and tell me that isn’t a fair comparison. I think it is a very fair comparison.

Fire away................

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Hodagtrapper] #7180966
02/13/21 08:43 PM
02/13/21 08:43 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Never liked the PT sales.
An auction should be competitive or it is not an auction.

Chris

So an auction is supposed to be competitive??

So FHA is selling muskrats. The auction stand opens the bidding at $4.00, which presumably the value they have on that lot. A buyer raises his hand and the auctioneer takes his bid at $4.00. . No one else bids. After several attempts to get more bids, the auctioneer says SOLD and the hammer drops.

Is that competitive??? Not in my opinion. To me, competition is having 2 or more buyers “compete” for the goods.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: Saskfly] #7180971
02/13/21 08:45 PM
02/13/21 08:45 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
So, what is the status of travel restrictions in Canada? I know the border is closed to recreational travel, but is there no allowance for business and commerce?

Re: FHA Press release 2021 Market [Re: walleye101] #7180975
02/13/21 08:48 PM
02/13/21 08:48 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by walleye101
So, what is the status of travel restrictions in Canada? I know the border is closed to recreational travel, but is there no allowance for business and commerce?

Yes, there is allowance for business travel. Or there was.

Who is John Galt?
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread