No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
promises in the dark... #7183360
02/15/21 03:03 PM
02/15/21 03:03 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline OP
trapper
white marlin  Offline OP
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
what kind of headlamp do you use and why?

Thanks!

Re: promises in the dark... [Re: white marlin] #7183371
02/15/21 03:11 PM
02/15/21 03:11 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I really like my streamlight bandit.

[Linked Image]
Re: promises in the dark... [Re: white marlin] #7183388
02/15/21 03:18 PM
02/15/21 03:18 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I have 3

stream light that pops on a ball cap rechargeable handyy decent light but only about an hour on high or 2 on low usb mini

a Black Diamond that runs on 3AAA looks like they have discontinued that model red and white , dimmable I like red light for walking to a stand , my experience it doesn't spook animals the same way have climbed up in my stand hearing a buck about 50 yards in fromt of me and at fistlight he had only moved about 7 yards trying to circle around me that put him 25 yards behind me , shot him and was gutted and back tot he house by 8

a Klien tools rechargeable , it has a 200 lumen spot about 7 hour run time 100 lumen flood 14 hour run time or 300 lumen both at about 4 hour run time
it is a little bigger and heavier white only only the 3 settings usb type c it warns when low bad by flashing then if you turn to 100 lumen flood you get about 45 more minutes
I work on things in the dark , I toss on the headlamp and the light is where I want it when for a few months you see light as you start work and get off work and other than that on weekends you just figure out how to work on things in the dark especially snow removal my old snow blower didn't have a light and the new one has it shining into the chute the klien is mounted on a Klein hard hat most comfortable to wear that way . they have the mounting built right in.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 02/15/21 03:26 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: promises in the dark... [Re: white marlin] #7183393
02/15/21 03:22 PM
02/15/21 03:22 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I bought a western river rechargeable light on a soft ball cap about six years ago. I use it for trapping, hunting skining, and chores . It's never went dead and I've went months and months without charging it. I haven't even noticed it getting dim. Makes me wonder how many hrs it would go on a charge .

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread