No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Fasnacht Day AKA Fat Tuesday. #7187546
02/18/21 09:39 AM
02/18/21 09:39 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
Last Tuesday was Fasnacht Day here in Pennsylvania Dutch country. My wife picked p some fresh fasnachts from the local Amish. I limited myself to only a half-dozen with honey.

Anybody else participate in Fasnacht Day? I realize most of the Country, even some of Pennsylvania doesn't know what a fasnacht is.

Eh...wot?

Re: Fasnacht Day AKA Fat Tuesday. [Re: Lugnut] #7187554
02/18/21 09:41 AM
02/18/21 09:41 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
From Wikipedia:

Fastnacht Day (also spelled Fasnacht, or in Pennsylvania German: Faasenacht) is an annual Pennsylvania Dutch celebration that falls on Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. The word translates to "Fasting Night" or “Almost Night” in English. The tradition is to eat the very best foods, which are part of the German tradition, and much of them, before the Lenten fast. Fastnachts (pronounced /ˈfastnaxt/ in German) are doughnuts. There are three types of Fasnacht, one made with yeast, one made with baking powder, and one made with potatoes and yeast. All are slightly crispy on the outside and not as sweet as standard doughnuts.

Traditionally, fastnachts are made to use up the lard, sugar, butter, eggs and other rich foods in a house before the austere diet of Lent begins

Eh...wot?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread