No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191272
02/21/21 01:01 PM
02/21/21 01:01 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Without a doubt their in there. We fought them when trying to get a Fur harvesters license established back in 1985.

Too many opinions with out knowledge of which they speak. And the DNR of Michigan continues to employ them as their basis for knowledge.

One who recently left as Director of the Michigan DNR, went to Michigan State University as an appointed professor. There to ram his theory down young peoples brain.

Appointed by our wonderful governor Gretchen Whitman (D). Who thinks that all restaurant businesses can open at 25% and do well. crazy mad

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191283
02/21/21 01:08 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Absolutely. While there are some dedicated conservationists in New York's Department, it is also loaded with antis. Many of them being turned out of colleges by ultra liberal professors that could not hold a real job. I worked for our department for nine years and saw first hand for myself. Everything is controlled by our dictator Governor and department employees are always making decisions to protect their jobs. In many instances your political affiliation determines wheter you get the job.

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191284
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I say yes.
There's been valid concern with NM's game commissioner which was appointed by the governor. Several Hunting lands have been closed with no prior notice.
There's a push with bills to completely overhaul G&F including changing its name. There's plenty of anti proposals being snuck into other bills too. One example is to make catching or possessing ANY wildlife illegal without a license/permit. That includes bugs, shed antlers, snails, mice etc... honestly there's so much anti bills this year I can't keep up.
[Linked Image]

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191287
02/21/21 01:18 PM
02/21/21 01:18 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
I am sure there are! A great deal of the DNR employees do not hunt, fish, or trap. You see what happened in TX. I am sure most of the people that spend a lot of time outdoors could have handled themselves better. IMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191295
02/21/21 01:23 PM
02/21/21 01:23 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Well, let's see; many years ago I took some cat skins to get tagged in Washington State. I met an enforcement agent at a local state-run fish hatchery, she tagged them there.
She opened the conversation with the statement "I don't think trapping bobcats should be allowed".
An Anti? Obviously.
I did reminded her that I paid her salary; it was a rather cold encounter. And they wonder why we don't trust their agencies. They really aren't that bright.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191299
02/21/21 01:26 PM
02/21/21 01:26 PM
Missouri Ozarks
N
N.Roberts Offline
trapper
N.Roberts  Offline
trapper
N

Missouri Ozarks
Yep -without a doubt.

There is a cool little school in SW MO with a wildlife program that is going to send some outstanding new professionals into the field....

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191304
02/21/21 01:31 PM
02/21/21 01:31 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Many of the DNR class "instructors" are not qualified themselves with real experience(s) other than what they learned from a book.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: N.Roberts] #7191307
02/21/21 01:37 PM
02/21/21 01:37 PM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Originally Posted by N.Roberts
Yep -without a doubt.

There is a cool little school in SW MO with a wildlife program that is going to send some outstanding new professionals into the field....

And a lot of other fields as well.

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191321
02/21/21 01:57 PM
02/21/21 01:57 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Absolutely , here in NY. Does anyone think that people that go into these fields of work are not indoctrinated in college like everyone else ?

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: Wingshot] #7191326
02/21/21 02:02 PM
02/21/21 02:02 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by Wingshot
Had a heated discussion with a state wildlife biologist who was doing a Bald Eagle presentation at an outdoor show a couple years back. She was maybe 22? and she kept repeating that eagles are strictly fish eaters. Challenges came from folks in the crowd and she became very condescending in her replies and stuck to her guns that the raptor ONLY eats fish. I was searching through my album on my phone the whole time until I found the series of pics that I took of a pair of mature bald eagles feeding on a deer carcass. They fed on it for a few days in fact. Her reply? “That is certainly nothing more than an anomaly.” I’m convinced this young thing has a future in politics.

That's funny,because the same thing happened to me over a allegedly "eagle expert" that worked for the feds.When I told her I watched them feed on fox,coyote,and beaver carcasses in back of my house she as much called me a liar.When I told her then there's a whole lot of liars in our area because other people driving down our road watched them too.Then she said something was wrong with them.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191334
02/21/21 02:13 PM
02/21/21 02:13 PM
WI
N
nimzy Offline
trapper
nimzy  Offline
trapper
N

WI
U can’t get “woods wise” out of a book unless a trapper wrote it lol

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: traprjohn] #7191338
02/21/21 02:19 PM
02/21/21 02:19 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
. They always seem to jump out of the bushes ten at a time to catch you doing something wrong, but when you got poachers shooting deer in your fields, there no where to be found

Have you written their boss’s to let THEM know bout their staff?
We usually rally a few dozen folks to write the higher ups. Then it’s often looked into. Just saying.

No I did not. I had the local Sheriff take care of it. He caught them and punished accordingly.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: Ave] #7191348
02/21/21 02:32 PM
02/21/21 02:32 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
Originally Posted by Ave
Half the game wardens I see around are dressed like swat officers. They sure have the big boy mentality. Makes them a pleasure to deal with. They always seem to jump out of the bushes ten at a time to catch you doing something wrong, but when you got poachers shooting deer in your fields, there no where to be found. Another government bureaucracy that needs thinned. I haven’t seen a grouse around here in 20 years but the state don’t care. As long as they get all the non resident hunters to buy the permits and license. There happy

Not to mention they recently raised the prices on our resident licenses and tags. Seems to me like they are making money any way they can, and won’t put it to good use for us sportsmen. Heck, they charged us 3 dollars a spot to apply in the beaver/ otter lottery this year, and of the zone they gave me, half of it was actually private land.

An elderly landowner in the next county over a few years ago had a beaver problem. They plugged up the creek, built a lodge on the bank and water was backing up in the pasture fields. They call the local game warden in hopes he would do something. He pulls in looks over and tells them to shoot them and hops in his truck and leaves. I feel he could of at least took the time to put them in contact with a trapper. My buddy leased the farm and I went out and took care of them. They was very happy because they was losing there horse pasture. It just sad that as much as there making all the new trucks four wheelers and boats and the can’t take 10 minutes to help someone.

Last edited by Ohiowoodchuck; 02/21/21 02:34 PM.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191353
02/21/21 02:47 PM
02/21/21 02:47 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
I'm sure they're are

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7191359
02/21/21 03:01 PM
02/21/21 03:01 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Half the game wardens I see around are dressed like swat officers. They sure have the big boy mentality. Makes them a pleasure to deal with. They always seem to jump out of the bushes ten at a time to catch you doing something wrong, but when you got poachers shooting deer in your fields, there no where to be found. Another government bureaucracy that needs thinned. I haven’t seen a grouse around here in 20 years but the state don’t care. As long as they get all the non resident hunters to buy the permits and license. There happy

X2!!.....again.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191361
02/21/21 03:05 PM
02/21/21 03:05 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Only YOU can change whats going on in your state. Do you go to annual DNR public meetings/hearings? Of course you dont. Do you participate in public surveys? No way. Do you encourage your outdoor-interested kids to pursue a career with a wildlife agency? Heck no.

Most of yall just want to sit around and gripe and do nothing but offer your uninforned opinions about WHY things are like they are. Misery likes company and yall are def not alone.

Handling this about like you handle other issues facing hunters and trappers in your state? Someone else can do it....yep!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7191365
02/21/21 03:08 PM
02/21/21 03:08 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Only YOU can change whats going on in your state. Do you go to annual DNR public meetings/hearings? Of course you dont. Do you participate in public surveys? No way. Do you encourage your outdoor-interested kids to pursue a career with a wildlife agency? Heck no.

Most of yall just want to sit around and gripe and do nothing but offer your uninforned opinions about WHY things are like they are. Misery likes company and yall are def not alone.

Handling this about like you handle other issues facing hunters and trappers in your state? Someone else can do it....yep!

Alot of truth said there. :-(

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: AJE] #7191367
02/21/21 03:11 PM
02/21/21 03:11 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
For some, I reckon so.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: SJA] #7191373
02/21/21 03:17 PM
Ca.
J
JLH Offline
trapper
JLH  Offline
trapper
J

Ca.
YES!!!
Jim

Re: Do you think many antis work for state DNRs? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7191374
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Truth.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread