No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
losing my patience...... #7193029
02/23/21 06:20 AM
02/23/21 06:20 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
lately I just do not have the patience to deal with or avoid issues with people that I am interacting with. some of it is on another forum but also some of it is face to face stuff. people seem to think they can say some real stupid stuff and you should just let it b or agree with it. present them with a factually accurate argument to what they say and they just dig in...I mean, if I am wrong and you can show me how that is I will say OK I am wrong....it is just that does not happen much at all/never/maybe once..... whistle

this whole thing is getting out of hand.....masks, shots, no shots, two or three masks better than one....people are loosing it and to top all of that most peoples friends are people they never met......I mean I have not met most of the folks here but I think that is different since we are all the salt of the earth, well mostly.......there may be a few exceptions to that....I won't name any names....well OK, jimmy may be on that list..... crazy

I was thinking that if I can figure out that certain people... wink ... will hold power over the fed govt for ever more maybe some other folks figured that out also and some of them may not allow that to go on for too long......who knows what may happen then? EMP? grid down for years? internet down for years.....which is basically grid down....or whatever crazy stuff may happen.

I mean I bring this up because if some major stuff goes down we gonna have to deal with all these halfwits and most of them will be armed.....no wonder ammo is so scarce, some other folks are thinking the same things I betcha....

Anyway, cop @ the range I go to was shooting while I was, we walk out to the lobby together and he is talking to one of the staff explaining how when he pulls his pistol out of his holster he immediately has his finger on the trigger because if he pulls his pistol he is gonna shoot someone.... crazy

The staff girl knows me and says "marty what do you think of that"....she knows I blow no smoke up backsides..and probably wanted a good laugh. Tried explaining that was not a good idea and the many reasons why and the cop just digs in and says he is a trained law enforcement officer..... frown

I mean its pretty bad....that's just one thing but there have been more stuff like that lately...its like the nuts are running the asylum......well, that is probably true for DC, laugh but I am in Kansas... I mean things are probably going to get bad sometime soon and these morons will try to kill you and steal all your toilet paper....its become a crazy world....probably better buy more ammo no matter what it costs..

Guy at wally was buying a bunch of 12 gauge birdshot....they have not had any and a big load came in, he was buying it all when I walked up......he says he is making waxed slugs from it.....maybe 500 rounds.....that's nuts, I don't care what anyone says....anyone knows that the zombie hoard walks right thru birdshot slugs you need 5.56 at least if not 6.5 creedmore.... grin

I did find some .22 long rifle today for less than a kidney thou. Been shooting my .22's a lot but I am keeping fluent in 9mm and 5.56 also...gotta be able to speak the language so they understand me....

Anyway, it is not going to get any better real soon and I bet it will only get worse so I need to come up with a strategy to cope with these folks. Appreciate any suggestions.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193046
02/23/21 06:46 AM
02/23/21 06:46 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

“Steady the line. Hold!”

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193052
02/23/21 06:51 AM
02/23/21 06:51 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Yup.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193057
02/23/21 07:15 AM
02/23/21 07:15 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
Marty, a lot of us concur and just can’t articulate it as well as you. There are numerous things that bother me. I talked to a trained psychologist a few years back about the way I felt and they said they hear the same thing several times a week from white males. Add another to the list of things when they suggested to learn to live with it. Everything is jacked up anymore. Peoples mindsets are so backward about what is right and wrong. When I see guys on this site come on and defend someone who is obviously anti gun and trapping I can’t fathom it. How does ones mind subdivide that?

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193059
02/23/21 07:21 AM
02/23/21 07:21 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I really helps to laugh. When one of those cnn brainwashed libs starts in with the catch phrase of the week, I look them staight in the eye and laugh, dont say nuthin, just laugh. When I see the guy with the manbun at the checkout with a brick of .22s, I laugh. When I see the guy in a car all by hisself with the mask on, yup, I laugh. If someone told me they draw their weapon with their finger on the trigger, I would , yup, laugh right attem.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193066
02/23/21 07:28 AM
02/23/21 07:28 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
They subdivide that because they have been brainwashed to believe in the 'agenda'. They cannot see that the agenda leads to their own demise....its fascinating how gullible/steerable many people are. One sheep says to the other sheep 'you see, I told you the shepherd and the dog are working together" but all the other sheep think that the observant sheep is nuts.....this whole thing is not funny anymore, its really getting out of hand.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193074
02/23/21 07:41 AM
02/23/21 07:41 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Marty
They subdivide that because they have been brainwashed to believe in the 'agenda'. They cannot see that the agenda leads to their own demise....its fascinating how gullible/steerable many people are. One sheep says to the other sheep 'you see, I told you the shepherd and the dog are working together" but all the other sheep think that the observant sheep is nuts.....this whole thing is not funny anymore, its really getting out of hand.

We are not sheep.

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193076
02/23/21 07:43 AM
02/23/21 07:43 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

69 caliber ball from a lee ball mold. Shoot pretty good out of a 12 gauge slug barrel. Usable range is only about 50 yards but they weigh almost 1 1/8 ounce. Thats a lot of smack down. Lots better than cut shells or wax slugs.

I pulled my gun without shooting anything last year. Neighbor got an adult pit bull someplace. Buddy was at my house with his old farm dog. Pitbull came running full tilt into my yard. Did not attack the farm dog so it lived. Told the neighbor in no uncertain terms if it was ever on my property again I would shoot it. I have not seen it since.

Marty I dont talk to people if I don't have to. I dont shoot on public ranges. There is a little gun store, indoor public range, in Ottawa. Last time I went in there it was because my grandson told me they had some 22 hornet ammo. They did, 55 bucks for fifty rounds of American Eagle. I just left without saying anything. I was in Iola a couple weeks later and bought a box for 24. I wont ever buy anything again from those grifters in Ottawa.

Maybe my attitude would be different if I ran a gun store/range, had nothing, or very little to sell, and could not get more. I am sure that range time is very easy to get right now. Nobody wants to expend ammo if they dont need to. Its why I left without speaking.

If I hear somebody say something like "reasonable gun control" or "white privilege" or "Biden was elected president" I know there is no reason to converse with them. So I dont. They dont want to hear me and I definitely dont want to listen to them.

Trust your own perceptions. That talking head on TV is just an actor reading a teleprompter. Most of whats on the teleprompter is lies.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: kytrapper] #7193078
02/23/21 07:45 AM
02/23/21 07:45 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by kytrapper
Marty, a lot of us concur and just can’t articulate it as well as you. There are numerous things that bother me. I talked to a trained psychologist a few years back about the way I felt and they said they hear the same thing several times a week from white males. Add another to the list of things when they suggested to learn to live with it. Everything is jacked up anymore. Peoples mindsets are so backward about what is right and wrong. When I see guys on this site come on and defend someone who is obviously anti gun and trapping I can’t fathom it. How does ones mind subdivide that?

We do need to live with it until it’s time not to.

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193084
02/23/21 08:01 AM
02/23/21 08:01 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I think many people are right there with you. I wish there was a place full of true freedom loving constitution comprehending Americans. I would sell out and move today. I'm also fast approaching my limit switch. I can't imagine how far past it I would be if I actually interacted with more people than the drive through and gas station. The attractive young lady with the BLM face mask at BBC the drive through this week eliminates one of the 3 places to eat on my way to work.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/23/21 08:17 AM.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193087
02/23/21 08:03 AM
02/23/21 08:03 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
It will be BIBLICAL. cool
Have Faith Brothers and Sisters
Have Faith

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193088
02/23/21 08:05 AM
02/23/21 08:05 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Yep, the last year has really lowered my tolerance level for stupidity.

The tipping point is coming soon, I hope. As much as I don't want to see how ugly it will become, it needs to happen.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193151
02/23/21 09:35 AM
02/23/21 09:35 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Marty:
Opinions are like ---- hole everyone have one. There are people on this forum with a different levels of education and skill levels.
There are some that worked in management all there lives and are very good at expressing themselves. There are other that are not as well versed in using the computer, typing and composing information to others. But one thing most have is an opinion on a subject.
One thing that is happening is this Country is changing at a very fast rate. I am glad I am at the age I am because I do not like what I see in today World or this Country. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Providence Farm] #7193172
02/23/21 10:05 AM
02/23/21 10:05 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I think many people are right there with you. I wish there was a place full of true freedom loving constitution comprehending Americans. I would sell out and move today. I'm also fast approaching my limit switch. I can't imagine how far past it I would be if I actually interacted with more people than the drive through and gas station. The attractive young lady with the BLM face mask at BBC the drive through this week eliminates one of the 3 places to eat on my way to work.

You need to call on that.

We picked up curbside from a store and the guy was wearing a blm mask. I receive an email from the store with a “tell us how we did” request and I wrote back that I have turned off the tv because of politics and I can certainly turned them off as well if they are okay with pushing politics. Name tags for employees are a wonderful thing.

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7193173
02/23/21 10:06 AM
02/23/21 10:06 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

You need to call on that.

We picked up curbside from a store and the guy was wearing a blm mask. I receive an email from the store with a “tell us how we did” request and I wrote back that I have turned off the tv because of politics and I can certainly turned them off as well if they are okay with pushing politics. Name tags for employees are a wonderful thing.

Exactly. We need to speak up now. We have been quiet and polite for far too long.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193174
02/23/21 10:09 AM
02/23/21 10:09 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Marty , unfortunately that is likely the next cop you will hear about in the news in your area for a bad reason

A he shot a suspect and that is a mess
B he shot himself in the leg
C he has a ND at the range or someplace else

D what we can all pray for , he does nothing but write speeding tickets till he retires or decided to find another occupation. with an attitude like that it might not be all that long.

while I am sure his training officer and chief and public safety committee would love to get that behavior fixed before he is a major liability. I don't know how you can get that info to them without singling yourself out since there were so few of you in that conversation,

but please tell me more about the 69 cal lee round ball load , I have been looking at that for some time and with Winchester slugs being on sale often enough in the past I just bough those they run very well in most of my 12s , however with the shortage I have been thinking round ball again
are you using fiber wads or cards under the ball? what wad to you use?

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7193175
02/23/21 10:10 AM
02/23/21 10:10 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Marty

We are not sheep.

Lennin called them Usefull Idiots , they are the first to fall when they get what they want.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Getting There] #7193176
02/23/21 10:11 AM
02/23/21 10:11 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Getting There
Marty:
Opinions are like ---- hole everyone have one. There are people on this forum with a different levels of education and skill levels.
There are some that worked in management all there lives and are very good at expressing themselves. There are other that are not as well versed in using the computer, typing and composing information to others. But one thing most have is an opinion on a subject.
One thing that is happening is this Country is changing at a very fast rate. I am glad I am at the age I am because I do not like what I see in today World or this Country. JMO

And I say you are at the perfect age where decisions are pretty much in line with tolerance.

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193181
02/23/21 10:17 AM
02/23/21 10:17 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Marty you need Jesus

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193184
02/23/21 10:20 AM
02/23/21 10:20 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
people get their miss information from all sorts of sources often tv

there are a few people on YouTube currently making wax slugs and at 15 yards the right shell can make a decent combination that is more effective than just shot, however some shells are making a 9 inch pattern at 10 yards with wax slugs

there is a guy who goes into great detail on his making of wax slugs , also did the round ball load , the round ball load looks much more promising than the wax slugs , then you realize he is shooting at 12.5 yards and getting these 4-5 inch groups

in the safety brief with the kids at range days I tell them all to forget anything they saw on TV , Hollywood and TV get it wrong a lot more than they get it right. so anything about ballistics or shooting or guns if you saw it in a movie or tv question it hard.
feel free to ask me any questions and we will see what we can do about real answers we can prove.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread