No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193203
02/23/21 10:34 AM
02/23/21 10:34 AM
New Mexico
C
Chamacat Offline
trapper
Chamacat  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico

I can catch them here...I can catch them ANYWHERE
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193205
02/23/21 10:36 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Chamacat, my wife showed me that. I can't stand rap music, or whatever that is, but the message is spot on.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193206
New Mexico
C
Chamacat Offline
trapper
Chamacat  Offline
trapper
C

New Mexico
Thank You

I can catch them here...I can catch them ANYWHERE
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193219
02/23/21 11:03 AM
02/23/21 11:03 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Marty read "Atlas Shrugged" or watch the movie "Idiocracy" they will explain everything. Then you will know what to do.

I mean seriously, they named the vaccine development and distribution program "Operation Warp Speed!"

Last edited by Dirt; 02/23/21 11:11 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7193221
02/23/21 11:04 AM
02/23/21 11:04 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Getting There
Marty:
Opinions are like ---- hole everyone have one. There are people on this forum with a different levels of education and skill levels.
There are some that worked in management all there lives and are very good at expressing themselves. There are other that are not as well versed in using the computer, typing and composing information to others. But one thing most have is an opinion on a subject.
One thing that is happening is this Country is changing at a very fast rate. I am glad I am at the age I am because I do not like what I see in today World or this Country. JMO

And I say you are at the perfect age where decisions are pretty much in line with tolerance.

Hobbie trapper: I will be 79 in July. I am sick and tired of all the B.S. I could care less but STOP pushing it in may face all day long. Black and gay on every commercial on T.V. Pro Sports all have a political agenda. Our large store now do no want to sell ammo. The news is a joke anymore. Fake news and information on forums. Congress is a joke right now and has be corrupt for a long time. The list could go on. What can I do about it, NOTHING. The era of a hand shake was a man word is gone. I worked all my life. Now days all they want to do is screw the working man. Gun control is a good example, screw the legal gun owner and let the gang bangers and drug people go because they have rights that we have to pay for. The legal gun owner have the 2nd Amendment and there are not following it. JMO

Last edited by Getting There; 02/23/21 11:07 AM.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193236
02/23/21 11:23 AM
02/23/21 11:23 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
People who are hoarding available ammo at insane prices deserve what they are being charged. Sad situation we have.

I hope we can return to normal soon.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193250
02/23/21 11:35 AM
02/23/21 11:35 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
if you go to Willy street or State street in Madison WI every store well there may be an exception but I didn't see it has a BLM sign. I see it as a please don't smash my windows plea. the bus shelter didn't have a BLM sign and it was smashed . now really who is smashing the bus shelter hurting , the poor guy who has to ride the bus and the homeless how do they not matter.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Getting There] #7193289
02/23/21 12:07 PM
02/23/21 12:07 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Getting There

And I say you are at the perfect age where decisions are pretty much in line with tolerance.

Hobbie trapper: I will be 79 in July. I am sick and tired of all the B.S. I could care less but STOP pushing it in may face all day long. Black and gay on every commercial on T.V. Pro Sports all have a political agenda. Our large store now do no want to sell ammo. The news is a joke anymore. Fake news and information on forums. Congress is a joke right now and has be corrupt for a long time. The list could go on. What can I do about it, NOTHING. The era of a hand shake was a man word is gone. I worked all my life. Now days all they want to do is screw the working man. Gun control is a good example, screw the legal gun owner and let the gang bangers and drug people go because they have rights that we have to pay for. The legal gun owner have the 2nd Amendment and there are not following it. JMO

Couldn’t agree more except for the “can do nothing.”

My father is 84, takes him very little time to make a decision and his tolerance is equal in time. Hence my comment. He is pretty fit for 84. Walks 3 miles a day, does squats and works his upper body with dumbbells. He wore his MAGA everywhere he went. I worried he would get in an altercation, he was disappointed he didn’t. lol

Keep after it Getting There.

-Goofy-
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193333
02/23/21 01:06 PM
02/23/21 01:06 PM
Wisconsin
Crortvedt05 Offline
trapper
Crortvedt05  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
I’m 27 years old and u took the words right out of my mouth. People r constantly disappointing me. Idk how to adjust either but avoiding news and pop culture is definitely helpful. Makes a guy want to move away from civilization and live off the grid. Have a purpose filled life and get away from all the crap. Or fight back and stop just giving in like so many r doing in society. Ppl say “this is the way things r now, and we should comply and not hurt anyone’s feeling” and people just go with it with no resistance. I think the biggest problems in today r 1. that ppl have it too easy. Complaining and being fake offended by the smallest things. and 2. The media creating fear and driving a wedge between the ppl.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193350
02/23/21 01:22 PM
02/23/21 01:22 PM
Akron, Ohio
bass10 Offline
trapper
bass10  Offline
trapper

Akron, Ohio
I'm right there with you. I should probably just learn to bite my tongue rather than argue with stupid people and get my blood pressure going. There are just so many things
going on in this country that my 55 year old self just never imagined would be going on! Can't wait to retire to my cabin in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to deal with as much stupid sheet. Like my byline reads "the more people I meet, the more I love my dog"!

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog!"
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: bass10] #7193354
02/23/21 01:27 PM
02/23/21 01:27 PM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by bass10
I'm right there with you. I should probably just learn to bite my tongue rather than argue with stupid people and get my blood pressure going. There are just so many things
going on in this country that my 55 year old self just never imagined would be going on! Can't wait to retire to my cabin in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to deal with as much stupid sheet. Like my byline reads "the more people I meet, the more I love my dog"!

If we all go hide in the hills, the country is doomed.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193363
02/23/21 01:36 PM
02/23/21 01:36 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Marty
people are loosing it and to top all of that most peoples friends are people they never met......I mean I have not met most of the folks here but I think that is different since we are all the salt of the earth, well mostly.......there may be a few exceptions to that....I won't name any names.... crazy

I've made meaningful relationships with people on forums and most of them I've never met face to face. I'm not "losing it" but I am monitoring the situation day by day. It's all I can do as of now. I am buying more ammo two boxes at a time.

Some people are oblivious to what's going on an some of us probably think about it too much. You and I probably fall into the latter group. I guess I'll continue to err on the side of vigilance.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7193372
02/23/21 01:56 PM
02/23/21 01:56 PM
Suffolk new york
M
Miley Offline
trapper
Miley  Offline
trapper
M

Suffolk new york
“Steady the line. Hold!”

X2!!

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7193383
02/23/21 02:04 PM
02/23/21 02:04 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I think many people are right there with you. I wish there was a place full of true freedom loving constitution comprehending Americans. I would sell out and move today. I'm also fast approaching my limit switch. I can't imagine how far past it I would be if I actually interacted with more people than the drive through and gas station. The attractive young lady with the BLM face mask at BBC the drive through this week eliminates one of the 3 places to eat on my way to work.

You need to call on that.

We picked up curbside from a store and the guy was wearing a blm mask. I receive an email from the store with a “tell us how we did” request and I wrote back that I have turned off the tv because of politics and I can certainly turned them off as well if they are okay with pushing politics. Name tags for employees are a wonderful thing.

I did when I got to work. Needless to say it fell on death ears. " I'm sorry you feel that way we wear mask for your safety bla bla bla." I asked him if employees could wear pro life, NRA and Trump mask wit the Sam support or if those would be prohibited. He wouldn't answer and danced around. So I told him I took that as a no and I would no longer be shopping there A. As long as they don't support all employees freedom of expression not just some. B. As long as they support terrorist organizations.

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193386
02/23/21 02:15 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Online content
The Count
~ADC~  Online Content
The Count

Iowa
The trouble is you think people will listen to you and agree with you even if you are right and present them with facts to prove it. That thought is asinine. I've fallen for it myself in the past, but nothing could be further from the truth. This is especially true of people on the internet. Also the covid BS has been going on for over a year now and EVERYONE has their mind made up one way or the other. No amount of talking or "presenting facts", is going to change it. Just like trying to tell people voting democrat is retarded, they do it anyway. My advice is try and avoid trying to influence anyone's opinion because all its doing is wasting your time and raising your blood pressure. Don't open the threads and ignore them when you see their stupid selves in public. --- of course you already have your opinion on this and I'm not naive enough to think you'll listen to me. ;D

Re: losing my patience...... [Re: k snow] #7193387
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by bass10

If we all go hide in the hills, the country is doomed.

I'm trying. Take care of yourselves. The country( actually the world ) is on a set path.

Who is John Galt?
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193388
02/23/21 02:16 PM
02/23/21 02:16 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Most people do not grasp the things happening and the implications of those things. blm is encouraged almost everywhere, Trump is banned almost everywhere....that may be a simplistic statement but it is fairly accurate....so, what that is is totalitarianism.

people have been deprived of earning $ because they support Trump. cannot wear a Trump hat but you can wear a blm hat @ your work.....thats fascism.

this stuff is sweeping thru the country and way too many folks just accept it all and are ready to accept more....not me, thanks anyway.

I am in Kansas, we have had a few girly men and some homos at the gym but now we have a full blown tranny using the men's locker room.....comes in in a mini skirt carrying a handbag.....they won't stop it from using the locker room either..you need to be 'accepting' of these things... sick

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: ~ADC~] #7193391
02/23/21 02:19 PM
02/23/21 02:19 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
The trouble is you think people will listen to you and agree with you even if you are right and present them with facts to prove it. That thought is asinine. I've fallen for it myself in the past, but nothing could be further from the truth. This is especially true of people on the internet. Also the covid BS has been going on for over a year now and EVERYONE has their mind made up one way or the other. No amount of talking or "presenting facts", is going to change it. Just like trying to tell people voting democrat is retarded, they do it anyway. My advice is try and avoid trying to influence anyone's opinion because all its doing is wasting your time and raising your blood pressure. Don't open the threads and ignore them when you see their stupid selves in public. --- of course you already have your opinion on this and I'm not naive enough to think you'll listen to me. ;D

Some people are hard to avoid....but even if you do the situation remains the same - bad and getting worse. Hard to avoid the man wearing a dress standing 5' away while I get dressed after taking a shower....that image just sort of sticks in your mind...not in a good way.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: Marty] #7193393
02/23/21 02:21 PM
02/23/21 02:21 PM
ND
DakotaBoy Offline
trapper
DakotaBoy  Offline
trapper

ND
In this day in age, we all need to be careful what we say online, especially in regards to mental state. Think "red flag" law.

Last edited by DakotaBoy; 02/23/21 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

"Pretty cocky for a starving pilgrim!"
"An elk don't know how many legs a horse has!"
Re: losing my patience...... [Re: DakotaBoy] #7193401
02/23/21 02:31 PM
02/23/21 02:31 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
In this day in age, we all need to be careful what we say online, especially in regards to mental state. Thing "red flag" law.

“Here kitty, kitty.”

-Goofy-
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread