No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Farming Grants...... [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #7195508
02/25/21 11:57 AM
02/25/21 11:57 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Originally Posted by Blaine County
My advice is don't go into business with the Feds--especially when they are offering assistance.

Very few landowners I know will not take the Fed Assistance associated with usda/fsa. I am guessing you are not a landowner.

You have guessed wrong.

I don't disagree with your comment on the FSA though. Getting a wheat check is however considerably different than, for example, engaging in cost sharing programs--from a fed control/entanglement perspective.

Re: Farming Grants...... [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #7195532
02/25/21 12:27 PM
02/25/21 12:27 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Originally Posted by Blaine County
My advice is don't go into business with the Feds--especially when they are offering assistance.

Very few landowners I know will not take the Fed Assistance associated with usda/fsa. I am guessing you are not a landowner.

I know I was darn happy to get a cost share for my high tunnel and I have one for running 1700' of water lines with 4 hydrants for rotational grazing. They don't pay for it all but a very nice portion. Sure helps me get my farm moving and it would have taken me years to to save the money to get them started if ever.

There are some conditions for 4 years on the high tunnel but they not a problem for me.

Re: Farming Grants...... [Re: zook] #7195596
02/25/21 01:27 PM
02/25/21 01:27 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
I actually just closed on buy my first farm this week. My wife and I bought it using the First time farmer loan.

Re: Farming Grants...... [Re: Michael Lippold] #7199104
02/28/21 10:10 AM
02/28/21 10:10 AM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
Originally Posted by Michael Lippold
I actually just closed on buy my first farm this week. My wife and I bought it using the First time farmer loan.

what % down?

interest rate?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread