No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: H2ORat] #7198987
02/28/21 06:50 AM
02/28/21 06:50 AM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine
Originally Posted by H2ORat
Originally Posted by Jumperzee
Oh no.....another Missoula bashing thread!

Sharon, you're right....MT is making some good progress for trappers. At least you seem to be headed in the right direction.

Yes --- us left coasties just dream about montana/ wyoming -- etc. We do not want to hear anything bad about the states that are so much better (in every way except weather) than us. I don't like heat and humidity or I would have to add Texas to the list.

I love the heat but wife hates it.

Nevada bound
Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199011
02/28/21 07:55 AM
02/28/21 07:55 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I'm retired and will go back to work when the Gubmint says I can at 66 yrs 5 months. My lady is an RN in Florida but would be taking a yuge pay cut by going to MT by the looks of things. We both hate people so just looking to get to mountains but so does everybody else. Wyoming would be perfect for me but not for her because of family location.

So that's why you've been spending so much time in Florida. I just figured you were tired of Nebraska winters and needed a break. grin

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199012
02/28/21 07:56 AM
02/28/21 07:56 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Heat drains my energy and I don't have any to begin with.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199151
02/28/21 10:49 AM
02/28/21 10:49 AM
montana
M
merganser Offline
trapper
merganser  Offline
trapper
M

montana
Went to college in Missoula, lived twice in Bozeman, have lived in the state since college in 6 other places since then. Missoula and Missoula east(Bozeman) may be places to avoid. If you like inversions and not seeing the sun, go to Missoula. Bozeman was nice till all the people from CA, Or, and WA moved there, but the weather, mountains much nicer in Boz area. I have lived about 60 miles north of Cody. Billings, as I like to say, is close enough and yet far enough away. Winters are a bit more mild here (Bridger) than elsewhere. I have had no problem getting places to trap. All private land. If you trap coyotes, beaver or raccoons, you can get on just about anywhere as long as someone else isn't already trapping there. The only other state I've trapped in was Conn., so MT's regs are pretty good. Could go on and on. If you have questions I would be happy to answer them.

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199155
02/28/21 10:51 AM
02/28/21 10:51 AM
montana
M
merganser Offline
trapper
merganser  Offline
trapper
M

montana
I forgot to say, I started college in 1976, so have been here pretty much continuous since, so have seen the changes.

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: trapdog1] #7199160
02/28/21 10:54 AM
02/28/21 10:54 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I'm retired and will go back to work when the Gubmint says I can at 66 yrs 5 months. My lady is an RN in Florida but would be taking a yuge pay cut by going to MT by the looks of things. We both hate people so just looking to get to mountains but so does everybody else. Wyoming would be perfect for me but not for her because of family location.

So that's why you've been spending so much time in Florida. I just figured you were tired of Nebraska winters and needed a break. grin

Not gonna lie, I'm not sorry I missed that 30 below stuff a couple weeks ago!

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199174
02/28/21 11:06 AM
02/28/21 11:06 AM
MT
B
bbasher Offline
trapper
bbasher  Offline
trapper
B

MT
I was just down in Florida, don't know why you'd ever leave!

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: bbasher] #7199185
02/28/21 11:23 AM
02/28/21 11:23 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by bbasher
I was just down in Florida, don't know why you'd ever leave!

I know why!

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199261
02/28/21 12:49 PM
02/28/21 12:49 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Both of my folks were born and raised in Montana. My dad in Bozeman and my mom in Miles City. I lived around West Yellowstone in the 70s. No bashing here... but I wouldn't move to Missoula or Bozeman now. They are both too big and liberal. Plenty of good places in Montana though.

Back in the day MSU was called the cow College and U of M was called the dance school.

This post makes me remember Bozeman when you could park three pickups with drift boats on main Street and have a few beers before heading home. Can't do that now.

Pete

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199309
02/28/21 01:32 PM
02/28/21 01:32 PM
montana
R
red mt Offline
trapper
red mt  Offline
trapper
R

montana
There is going to be some trade off 's if you move to Montana,,, everything comes at a price but true of anywhere a person goes.
Good luck

Kenneth schoening
Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199316
02/28/21 01:36 PM
02/28/21 01:36 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I have discovered if a person has a property in Montana it will bring top dollar now. Everybody in the country seems to want to move there now.

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199342
02/28/21 02:09 PM
02/28/21 02:09 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
The libs in Missoula left us alone when we had the western NTA there, back a few years ago. I was surprised from what I had heard about that town, went out to eat a couple times, had convention stuff on, and no one got in our face or said a word! I thought it would be a lot worse than it was.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7199410
02/28/21 03:02 PM
02/28/21 03:02 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
The libs in Missoula left us alone when we had the western NTA there, back a few years ago. I was surprised from what I had heard about that town, went out to eat a couple times, had convention stuff on, and no one got in our face or said a word! I thought it would be a lot worse than it was.

Lee, that is how it is with me every time I go there . I was at that NTA also , and I never expected any trouble. There are a decent amount of conservatives who live in the town as well. To paint that area with a broad brush is to exaggerate .

Yes there are the same liberal influence in spots, just as there is in every single state of this country. Not one state in this country is exempt from those influences. But amidst that, there are also a decent amount of us .

To easily prove this, is Famous Dave's BBQ , a huge log cabin filled with hunting, trapping and fishing decor , deer, ducks, wolves, moose and elk mounts on the walls, and known far and wide for among the best food in the region. The place hops at night with crowds happily enjoying the whole atmosphere , as well as great music as they dine. I go there every time I go to Missoula , and the type of people I see in there could easily fit in their values , on this forum.

That's a slew of folks who cherish our Constitutional rights and the outdoors. The numbers I always see , either open carry , and untold others who conceal carry go there. NO ONE crashes the pleasant fun of a bunch like that. All week long, and the weekends.

This one place shows the numbers of people who live in the vicinity who are real Montanans . Just on this alone, one can see the proof.

I was there early mid week during the NTA, the only time I had the place pretty much to myself, as the afternoon to evening crowds had not arrived yet.

A steady amount of people who move in also move out in a short time too. The winters are not what they expect. Same story for Idaho . And....as my MT Gun Association told me recently, a decent amount of the ones moving in, are gun enthusiasts themselves, wanting a place that suits them much better. They are not just those who are dumb enough to bring their beliefs of tyranny ...even of those, an amount have sickened of the oppression and have decided to not only move, but leave the slavery of the Democratic Plantation they once believed in. Frankly, so many here , constitutional open carry , or concealed carry , scares those who want to ban firearms.

This state has been on a roll with great people refining our 2nd A laws as a massive firewall against the Marxist regime onslaught. There are amazing veterans, and LE in office , many of whom I have spoken with , who are helping to pass as we speak, several House Bills, tying up any "loose ends" quick, fast and in a hurry as to protecting the way of life and freedoms here . Several have passed with flying colours, and the rest are following through in similar success. Legislators and the Governor are looking into FLA's plans on forming alliances with other like-minded states .

And thank you, Jumperzee, for being able to see the forest despite the trees . All is far from lost

wink

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199416
02/28/21 03:06 PM
02/28/21 03:06 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline OP
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline OP
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Thank you Sharon. That's good to hear.

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: Gary Benson] #7199427
02/28/21 03:15 PM
02/28/21 03:15 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Gary, you are welcome .

Last but not least, I can still ride a horse right down the middle of Reserve Ave, and everyone loves to see riders. Even the police wave. As long as I don't get onto the freeway wink

Re: Missoula, Montana [Re: g smith] #7199552
02/28/21 05:23 PM
02/28/21 05:23 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by g smith
So if you want to be kind of "out of it " why compromise just move to to North Dakota .

Western N.D. maybe....Montana gets all the press, not good for the future.

Member - FTA
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread