No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: Marty] #7199566
02/28/21 05:40 PM
02/28/21 05:40 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
I don't mean to demean any of those guys who served in South East Asia back in the 60's and 70's, they were serving their Country.
However, if you visit those Countries now, you have to ask yourself why? The domino effect? I doubt it; the Soviet Union was a paper tiger and I'll bet our pentagon knew it.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: Marty] #7199601
02/28/21 06:04 PM
02/28/21 06:04 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Russia was a non-entity. China was the threat.

Mean As Nails
Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: trapdog1] #7199696
02/28/21 06:48 PM
02/28/21 06:48 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Awesome pictures, Posco.

Thank you, I'll pass that on to my brother. Two of my brothers were over there in the U.S.M.C and one was off the coast in the U.S. Navy. I was seven or eight years old at the time. I remember quite vividly when they came home.

My oldest brother flew just shy of one thousand missions. Two to three flights per day, day in and day out. He was a crew chief on a Huey, a door gunner. He said he never flew a day without firing his weapon, not one.

They have a reunion every other year for the guys remaining who flew those missions. It's called POP-A-SMOKE...as in pop a colored smoke grenade so we know where to find you. He goes to every one. Still flies a U.S.M.C. flag in his yard.

Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: Posco] #7199855
02/28/21 07:51 PM
02/28/21 07:51 PM
N.J.
PineDoggin Offline
trapper
PineDoggin  Offline
trapper

N.J.
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Awesome pictures, Posco.

Thank you, I'll pass that on to my brother. Two of my brothers were over there in the U.S.M.C and one was off the coast in the U.S. Navy. I was seven or eight years old at the time. I remember quite vividly when they came home.

My oldest brother flew just shy of one thousand missions. Two to three flights per day, day in and day out. He was a crew chief on a Huey, a door gunner. He said he never flew a day without firing his weapon, not one.

They have a reunion every other year for the guys remaining who flew those missions. It's called POP-A-SMOKE...as in pop a colored smoke grenade so we know where to find you. He goes to every one. Still flies a U.S.M.C. flag in his yard.

Yeah they are really cool pics, I had my parents buy me the Time Life collection on Vietnam when I was a kid, I wanted to be a tunnel rat,LOL Please post some more,

Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: Marty] #7199877
02/28/21 08:01 PM
02/28/21 08:01 PM
Madawaska, Maine
B
Bryan Daigle Offline
trapper
Bryan Daigle  Offline
trapper
B

Madawaska, Maine
Stay Alive Stay A LRRP. Gillispie , Benson , Bidwell, Knowlten & Krause.

Life member of Maine and National Trappers Associations.
Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: PineDoggin] #7199884
02/28/21 08:03 PM
02/28/21 08:03 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by PineDoggin
Yeah they are really cool pics, I had my parents buy me the Time Life collection on Vietnam when I was a kid, I wanted to be a tunnel rat,LOL Please post some more,

I mentioned I have a DVD full of pics he took over there but that's not right, I have two. I just have to find them. The pics I posted I had already uploaded to my laptop. Glad you enjoyed them.

Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: Marty] #7199925
02/28/21 08:23 PM
02/28/21 08:23 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Online content
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Online Content
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Thanks for the pics Posco, brings back some old memories. Seemed like everything in that dang country stunk to high heaven. The worst was around those soft serve ice cream stores! I sure don't miss that place.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: green berets in laos/cambodia. [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7199964
02/28/21 08:57 PM
02/28/21 08:57 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Posco did your brothers serve in 1968 near khe sanh.? Just wondering if they mite remember or knew my uncle he was a radio man
And this is his story. http://www.popasmoke.com/kia/conflicts/usmc-reserve/incidents/19680703-1

My oldest brother was in and out of Khe Sanh frequently in 67 and 68. I'll look that over and ask him about it.

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Thanks for the pics Posco, brings back some old memories. Seemed like everything in that dang country stunk to high heaven. The worst was around those soft serve ice cream stores! I sure don't miss that place.

You're welcome, Lee. My oldest brother was an E-3 or E-4, I can't remember which. His daughter is a LtCol in the Corps. Her husband retired as a Major. He flew Osprey's . His father was a fighter pilot KIA. They have visited Viet Nam. Brother has no desire to return.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread