No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7204948
03/05/21 01:15 AM
03/05/21 01:15 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Obviously checking the traps in the back of the truck for tags doesn't mean the ones in the ground are going to be tagged. Joe got caught being deceptive. I wonder why the judge didn't throw the charges out when Joe pointed out that the ECO had broken the law.

Next time I get pulled over for speeding I'm going to tell the Trooper he would have never caught up with me if he hadn't broken the speed limit himself. Lol

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7204965
03/05/21 02:00 AM
03/05/21 02:00 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Sucks that Swamp Wolf doesn't want to play anymore I been workin an I just got in dangit whistle

I'll play...just not on Joe's thread. Ive ruined it already...lol

Well sure man- you tried to bring common sense to the table in 2021. Throw that stuff out the window- it means nothing this year

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7204975
03/05/21 04:00 AM
03/05/21 04:00 AM
Maine
S
SleekOtter Offline
trapper
SleekOtter  Offline
trapper
S

Maine
I had to quit reading halfway or 3/4 through. You admitted to breaking a couple laws and are mad at the DEC officer? No, maybe an Ouell trap can't kill an ermine or whatever but if the laws clearly state you can't set them ar a certain time, then you can't. Also, the laws you posted in the first pics apply to other sportsman, not DEC officers. If you look up the laws I'm certain you'll find they're legally entitled to disturbing your traps to check for the ID tags required by law which you didn't have anyway.

You broke the laws, you're an idiot for being this mad. Go join BLM and whine about problems you caused in Hope's everyone else will fix it for you.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7205006
03/05/21 07:12 AM
03/05/21 07:12 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Dang Wilbur!

You are actually friends with them TX GWs. Im impressed!

He isn't friends with them. If you look closely he has him by the scruff of the neck like a kitten that got caught trying to sneak away from momma.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205020
03/05/21 07:43 AM
03/05/21 07:43 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
You didn't get a fine out of it did you?
I would have gave you one for no trap tags
Are image is our future.
Just food for thought

And I didn't bother to read any replys because you admitted to breaking the law as it is written

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: elkaholic] #7205087
03/05/21 09:02 AM
03/05/21 09:02 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by elkaholic
Dang Wilbur!
You are actually friends with them TX GWs. Im impressed!

He isn't friends with them. If you look closely he has him by the scruff of the neck like a kitten that got caught trying to sneak away from momma.

Them ol boys are terrified of Savell, always worryin one of their daughters will hear he can wink

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205553
03/05/21 04:06 PM
03/05/21 04:06 PM
wantage n.j.
E
eric space Offline
trapper
eric space  Offline
trapper
E

wantage n.j.
I have trapped in 12 states. As an out-of-state trapper you have to be extra careful to follow the laws. The worst CO's I have encountered are in New York. They go out of their way to search for some kind of violation. One New York CO in particular would put on the gut stained gloves he used to handle roadkilled deer and proceed to check every trap in my truck for tags, especially doing extra handling of the dyed, waxed clean ones.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205619
03/05/21 05:38 PM
03/05/21 05:38 PM
South Dakota
M
M.S. Pickins Offline
trapper
M.S. Pickins  Offline
trapper
M

South Dakota
Next time pull your traps and make a punji pit for him instead.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205624
03/05/21 05:43 PM
03/05/21 05:43 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.... now I understand why they don’t range out over 10’ from the truck around here lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: eric space] #7205630
03/05/21 05:50 PM
03/05/21 05:50 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by eric space
I have trapped in 12 states. As an out-of-state trapper you have to be extra careful to follow the laws. The worst CO's I have encountered are in New York. They go out of their way to search for some kind of violation. One New York CO in particular would put on the gut stained gloves he used to handle roadkilled deer and proceed to check every trap in my truck for tags, especially doing extra handling of the dyed, waxed clean ones.

Good and bad in all walks of life.I hunt, trap and fish,,and also have my Animal Nuisance Controll license through the NYDEC,and run a business,so I probly deal with the "FISH COPS" smile more than the average sportsman.Most seem straight shooters but YES,,we have some real arsses that go out of their way to be real arsses.I usualy just tell them Savell is my brother from another mother. cool

Last edited by upstateNY; 03/05/21 05:52 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: M.S. Pickins] #7205698
03/05/21 06:59 PM
03/05/21 06:59 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins

Wasnt gonna respond anymore on this particular thread, but I couldnt help myself^^^^

M.S. Pickens is telling you to turn that trap tagging violation into an aggravated assault charge.

Dam sad comment!!!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205705
03/05/21 07:04 PM
03/05/21 07:04 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

But the good news is Swamp Wolf came back!

Savell- are you up for any more nonsense or is it my turn to clock in?
grin

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7205751
03/05/21 07:35 PM
03/05/21 07:35 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by M.S. Pickins

Wasnt gonna respond anymore on this particular thread, but I couldnt help myself^^^^

M.S. Pickens is telling you to turn that trap tagging violation into an aggravated assault charge.

Dam sad comment!!!

Anyone that would set a punji pit for any reason would have more to worry about than an aggravated assault charge.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205785
03/05/21 07:58 PM
03/05/21 07:58 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Ok, Swamp Wolf, probably not a punji pit but are trappers just supposed to stand there and take it when a CO goes out of his or her way to contaminate scent free traps...?

If a PETA would do that, I think I could get trapper harassment filed on them in SD. What if a CO decides he wants to take a leak 10 feet from a set, what stops that action besides possibly a trapper filing "public indecency" complaint? I see no difference in a wildlife cop purposely handling scent treated traps with dirty scent heavy gloves and a person pi**ing on a set trap area. Both are done willfully. If the dirty glove thing wasn't willful, then that person shouldn't have the job. Shouldn't have the job in either way...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Leftlane] #7205798
03/05/21 08:04 PM
03/05/21 08:04 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by Leftlane
But the good news is Swamp Wolf came back!

Savell- are you up for any more nonsense or is it my turn to clock in?
grin

... I’m out... got hands talking about using Vietcong tactics and what not lol... I might shoot a tire out to square up a fine... but I draw the line at spiked pits and and bamboo shoots up fingernails and what have you lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205812
03/05/21 08:19 PM
03/05/21 08:19 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
Ok, Swamp Wolf, probably not a punji pit but are trappers just supposed to stand there and take it when a CO goes out of his or her way to contaminate scent free traps...?

If a PETA would do that, I think I could get trapper harassment filed on them in SD. What if a CO decides he wants to take a leak 10 feet from a set, what stops that action besides possibly a trapper filing "public indecency" complaint? I see no difference in a wildlife cop purposely handling scent treated traps with dirty scent heavy gloves and a person pi**ing on a set trap area. Both are done willfully. If the dirty glove thing wasn't willful, then that person shouldn't have the job. Shouldn't have the job in either way...

Are you really wanting to beat this dead horse more after all Ive posted on this thread. Either you didnt read the entire thread or your reading comprehension is poor.

Peace out! Im really outta this thread this time. Just DAM!

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7205825
03/05/21 08:29 PM
03/05/21 08:29 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
This ^^^^
[Linked Image]

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7206470
03/06/21 10:25 AM
03/06/21 10:25 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
One of the biggest takeaways from this is actually not about the CO, it’s about the playground statement. Anyone that isn’t aware just how low people will go to try to harm someone’s reputation needs to reread the part about stolen 330s being set on a playground. Willing to seriously injure children just to try to make people hate a trapper. That is appalling behavior and makes me want to report my own traps being stolen, again.

You can not negotiate with someone that’s willing to use or harm set booby traps for children to accomplish their goals, whatever that may be. That’s a person that’s psychotic, dangerous, and should be charged as a Terrorist. Animal “rights” people have gotten away with too much for too long, and it’s obvious that outdoorsmen aren’t the only ones in harms way when it comes to these people.

As for the tagging of traps, it sounds like a solution was given when they offered to allow the option of a document number. As NWCOs in Louisiana, we use a similar number.

Last edited by Aix sponsa; 03/06/21 03:11 PM. Reason: Traps
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Aix sponsa] #7206523
03/06/21 11:04 AM
03/06/21 11:04 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
One of the biggest takeaways from this is actually not about the CO, it’s about the playground statement. Anyone that isn’t aware just how low people will go to try to harm someone’s reputation needs to reread the part about stolen 330s being set on a playground. Willing to seriously injure children just to try to make people hate a trapper. That is appalling behavior and makes me want to report my own traps being stolen, again.

You can not negotiate with someone that’s willing to use or harm children to accomplish their goals, whatever that may be. That’s a person that’s psychotic, dangerous, and should be charged as a Terrorist. Animal “rights” people have gotten away with too much for too long, and it’s obvious that outdoorsmen aren’t the only ones in harms way when it comes to these people.

As for the tagging of traps, it sounds like a solution was given when they offered to allow the option of a document number. As NWCOs in Louisiana, we use a similar number.

Trying to negotiate with people willing to harm children ?? Are you referring to the Teachers Union ?
There I killed this thread.

Last edited by Squash; 03/06/21 11:05 AM.
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7206679
03/06/21 01:54 PM
03/06/21 01:54 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Almost all my hunt trap life has been in Alaska with about half that off the road system. Haven't had a lot of contact with LEOs. Couple times an officer bugged us wrongly because he hadn't read his emails and didn't have current information.
My opinion is the enforcement should see hunters and trappers as assistants in enforcing Regs. In the OPs case, maybe this CO would have been better off to give a warning, clarify his mistakes, and then ask for assistance if the OP ever sees any serious violations. It's the serious violators that are the problem and likely not to be converted to honest participants.
Following, or concentrating on one individual doesn't help an officer do his job.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread