No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Beaver Mits #7203562
03/03/21 09:58 PM
03/03/21 09:58 PM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline OP
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
I've got a beaver I'm going to turn into mits for my father for ice fishing for his birthday. What kind of material would be best for a liner.I'm open to taking a few rabbit pelts and using them as a liner or sewing a liner. Also, what would be the best type of material for the palm area?

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: Beaver Mits [Re: NorthenTrapper] #7203711
03/03/21 11:12 PM
03/03/21 11:12 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
If you can get smoke tanned moosehide it is superior leather by far.It is expensive to buy and very hard to find.
Other than that factory tanned moosehide,or cowhide for the palm and thumb.
The best(warmest) liner is heavy wool duffle-also expensive.Rabbit skins(they are not durable and shed)or any other fur for a liner is no good in my experience.
Sheep shearling can be used,or what they call melton-an imitation shearling.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread