No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203720
03/03/21 11:15 PM
03/03/21 11:15 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
I’m like pf it’s always there properly till 10 of them is standing in the road and you total your truck. Then it’s your problem. I’ve heard of a few around my area that take a deer ever now and again to feed the family. I don’t have no problem in that.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Savell] #7203723
03/03/21 11:16 PM
03/03/21 11:16 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Savell
... now all the poachers need to do is steal game cameras and sell them at the pawn shop to feed the family... less blood on your britches that way... and the deer paparazzi will just buy more... stimulating the economy lol

They've been doing that already around here....a lot. I get multuple calls annually about trail camera theft.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203724
03/03/21 11:17 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Op got caught plain and simple then started the poor poor me deal.

I questioned Swap and resect the answers he gave and he stands out as one of the good ones. My issue with anyone is when they think their scat don't stink. I've had a ticket or 2 but my own stupid fault and i owned them. I'm human i make mistakes.

Unfortunately the younger game wardens tend to have a your guilty of something attitude and push tell they find a simple mistake. The whole you are breaking the law, not you are doing your best to comply with the law leaves folks feeling jaded.

I literally had wardens tell a bear hunt class in Nv that you will break a law and we will catch you. Shows how some feel about the folks that pay their salaries.

As someone i know once said in a dept meeting "uncle claude says we don't have to put up with this crap"

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7203726
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
... there ain’t many of us good ol boys left in this world....y’all game lawmen need to go a little easier on us from time to time... might need us one day lol

Could be other way around...

... I’d go on and die before I took help from a breeding pair of game wardens... but they’d probably be too busy writing a citation for me dying out of season to offer help anyway lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7203729
03/03/21 11:19 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Ohiowoodchuck
I’m like pf it’s always there properly till 10 of them is standing in the road and you total your truck. Then it’s your problem. I’ve heard of a few around my area that take a deer ever now and again to feed the family. I don’t have no problem in that.

Who's property? The people of Ohio aint buying you another vehicle because you can't avoid a deer.

And deer poaching isnt your problem, right?

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7203730
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
I understand that Swamp Wolf... But for every person on here who has had nothing but positive experience with wardens there is at least one, if not two, who can tell a different tale.

I had a run-in with the warden I referenced above. I was in the right... and after repeated aggressive questioning for 45 minutes he realized I was in the right and relented. The attitude of, "I know you're guilty and I'll keep hammering on that until you fold" erased any respect I had for his position. I follow the laws because I'm cheap and don't feel like giving ODWC anymore money than I have to... I've never had a wildlife violation and never plan to... But that isn't due to respect for the wardens.

After the experience I just related, and serving as a jury foreman on a wildlife case... The taste in my mouth just won't go away. Nothing personal, but the damage is done.

Mike

I hate that its like this with some GWs.

Just how it is I guess. Like I said, nothing personal.

With our ridiculous trapping regs here you spend more time trying to be @#&$ compliant than you do laying steel... It's such a hassle anymore (coupled with p!$$ poor prices) you just get a belly full and say hang it all.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203733
03/03/21 11:20 PM
03/03/21 11:20 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... I know you laughed at that Swamp!

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7203735
03/03/21 11:21 PM
03/03/21 11:21 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio

I feel that way about all law enforcement.

I figured as much.

I hope you have better experiences with LE in the future.

Is that supposed to be a smart a$$ comment. Is there something wrong with my beliefs in a smaller government and less intrusion into our lives. Just because I believe there all corrupt that makes me some kind of weirdo. Just keep believing there on your side when and if this country goes to shameless. Let me know how it works.

— Thomas Paine
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: nvwrangler] #7203737
03/03/21 11:23 PM
03/03/21 11:23 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Op got caught plain and simple then started the poor poor me deal.

I questioned Swap and resect the answers he gave and he stands out as one of the good ones. My issue with anyone is when they think their scat don't stink. I've had a ticket or 2 but my own stupid fault and i owned them. I'm human i make mistakes.

Unfortunately the younger game wardens tend to have a your guilty of something attitude and push tell they find a simple mistake. The whole you are breaking the law, not you are doing your best to comply with the law leaves folks feeling jaded.

I literally had wardens tell a bear hunt class in Nv that you will break a law and we will catch you. Shows how some feel about the folks that pay their salaries.

As someone i know once said in a dept meeting "uncle claude says we don't have to put up with this crap"

There is an un-needed arrogance in a lot of people, including some GWs.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203740
03/03/21 11:25 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Didn’t read through 8 pages, just your initial post.
The reason he’s following you is because you broke the law and he figures you’ll break it again. You had traps that weren’t tagged so he’s going to assume other laws have been broken.
But I will say this, video every interaction with him. It will pay off in court, or in my case the judge saw the video before hand and threw my ticket out and basically told the GW if I was checked again he’d have him removed from the county. I had four straight days of video. Whether he could do that I don’t know, but I haven’t been checked since. In fact, that was 5-6 years ago or longer and one of the GW he enlisted to help him find bait came up on me and my boys at a State shoot and said I remember you. We talked a bit and as I was about to hand him my license he said, No need. I don’t need to see your boys either. I know y’all are legal and went on making his rounds around the field. Even he disagreed with what the other GW was doing and tried to imply.
Stand up for yourself, but you also have to take the ticket for no tags. That one was on you.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203741
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... yeah Mike... an old timer told me once “game wardens take all the fun out of it” ... I started noticing how much I look over my shoulder even when doing nothing wrong “ that I know of” ... and realized he was right

... but we still need good reasonable ones ....or else the resource would run out

... they just need to get of the nit pick ticket mentality

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203743
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Is that supposed to be a smart a$$ comment. Is there something wrong with my beliefs in a smaller government and less intrusion into our lives. Just because I believe there all corrupt that makes me some kind of weirdo. Just keep believing there on your side when and if this country goes to shameless. Let me know how it works.

Not at all smart. We are both entitled to our beliefs, right?

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203748
03/03/21 11:27 PM
03/03/21 11:27 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... get out of here Swamp! ... I think I’m the only friendly fire you got left lol

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7203750
03/03/21 11:28 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio

Who's property? The people of Ohio aint buying you another vehicle because you can't avoid a deer.

And deer poaching isnt your problem, right?

I was not on the property that the bait was on. I was on the adjoins property and legally had permission to be there. I did not have permission for the property that had the bait on it nor did either of my two feet step a foot on it. I’m glad your a game warden in Georgia. I was wanting to come there and hunt with my uncle but I’ll stay out. I’m sure a guy like you would write a ticket for my pencil lead being to short.

— Thomas Paine
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Savell] #7203754
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Which post? There is a lot here that tickles me.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Savell] #7203756
03/03/21 11:29 PM
03/03/21 11:29 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma

Dying out of season... I chuckled pretty good at that one.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7203760
03/03/21 11:30 PM
03/03/21 11:30 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio

Not at all smart. We are both entitled to our beliefs, right?

Yes you can think of me what you want. I’m a nobody just like you.

— Thomas Paine
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203764
03/03/21 11:32 PM
03/03/21 11:32 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

I was not on the property that the bait was on. I was on the adjoins property and legally had permission to be there. I did not have permission for the property that had the bait on it nor did either of my two feet step a foot on it. I’m glad your a game warden in Georgia. I was wanting to come there and hunt with my uncle but I’ll stay out. I’m sure a guy like you would write a ticket for my pencil lead being to short.

Goodness. What are you talking about? I was referring to you saying that deer were the people's property.

I could care less if you come to Ga or not.

Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: joepennanti] #7203772
03/03/21 11:35 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Law enforcement is made up of people. So naturally you get all types. Some are awsum some not so much. Honestly I'm surprised how the awsum ones stay that way after day in and out of dealing with the bottom 10%. It would be easy to get jaded.

My local Conservation officers know me and are pretty cool, well most of them. One is 5'2" and a real barney fith. They no longer stop me for checks I'm always legal and few will put in the effort like my family to access the hard to get to public ground we hunt. I think they like it . They used to give the 3rd degree based on out success rates but not any longer. Now it's a wave and nod. It they stop it often to give us a tip about a hot spot or event. Mostly good guys.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 03/03/21 11:40 PM.
Re: Infringement on Trapper Rights by a NY Game Warden [Re: Savell] #7203773
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
... yeah Mike... an old timer told me once “game wardens take all the fun out of it” ... I started noticing how much I look over my shoulder even when doing nothing wrong “ that I know of” ... and realized he was right

... but we still need good reasonable ones ....or else the resource would run out

... they just need to get of the nit pick ticket mentality

The resource is running out. There isn’t deer or turkeys like there use to be. There is no small game anymore. I haven’t seen a grouse in 25 years. I haven’t flushed a cubby of quail 20 years. But they don’t care. Long as they get to play god almighty on the wildlife counsel and get a new truck and special bullet proof vest and all the cool military gear to sneak around in the bushes.

— Thomas Paine
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread