No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7210467
03/09/21 04:48 PM
03/09/21 04:48 PM
Montana
D
D.T. Offline
trapper
D.T.  Offline
trapper
D

Montana
Fishing in hawaii is terrible. There arent any fish and the ones that are there the greedy locals take. My wife will never go back. Mexico is way better. For sure. Mahalo [Linked Image]

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: KenaiKid] #7210504
03/09/21 05:22 PM
03/09/21 05:22 PM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
I wouldn't fish there, at least not with a guide who takes my fish too. That's about the most sleeze bag thing I've ever heard.

So if you take me trapping do I get to keep your fur? If not I guess you're a sleeze bag.

It's a commercial fishery, you're paying them to take you along. Not everything in the world is the same as new yawk.

Hey, if you pay me to take you trapping, I'm going to throw all of those critters in the back of your truck. For free. You think anyone would go to AK to pay someone to go fishing halibut, then hand over all their fish to the guide?? Or pay mega bucks to kill a grizzly and just give it to the guide?? If you are a commercial fisherman and want me to catch you a fish, you're going to pay me to do it

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7210510
03/09/21 05:30 PM
03/09/21 05:30 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Online content
trapper
nvwrangler  Online Content
trapper
N

Nevada
DT are those some type of permit or bonefish?

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7210518
03/09/21 05:42 PM
03/09/21 05:42 PM
Montana
D
D.T. Offline
trapper
D.T.  Offline
trapper
D

Montana
Bonefish aka oio. Prized flats fish. Biggest in the world there. First fish is a good 10#. But the locals took them from me so there arent any left. Hawaiin fishing is overated

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7210526
03/09/21 05:51 PM
03/09/21 05:51 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Online content
trapper
nvwrangler  Online Content
trapper
N

Nevada
Ya it looks rough

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7211018
03/10/21 09:00 AM
03/10/21 09:00 AM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
I hope the recent Maui flooding doesn't impact your travel plans and family vacation... it looks pretty devastating

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7211132
03/10/21 11:30 AM
03/10/21 11:30 AM
Mn
R
Reaperman Offline
trapper
Reaperman  Offline
trapper
R

Mn
The town of Lahaina is where the fishing charters leave from. The docks are located in the heart of town near the Banyon tree (something you have to definitely see). I suggest you go down there around noon or so when the boats come back in to see the daily catches. Quite a few curious onlookers frequent the docks at this time. Its here where people buy fish directly from the boats. Its not uncommon for decent size sharks to follow the boats into the dock area in hopes of getting an easy meal of fish scraps. I even saw a big manta ray, about 6 feet or bigger hanging around.

Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Griz Trapper] #7211184
03/10/21 12:51 PM
03/10/21 12:51 PM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY

Originally Posted by KenaiKid
Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
I wouldn't fish there, at least not with a guide who takes my fish too. That's about the most sleeze bag thing I've ever heard.

So if you take me trapping do I get to keep your fur? If not I guess you're a sleeze bag.

It's a commercial fishery, you're paying them to take you along. Not everything in the world is the same as new yawk.

Hey, if you pay me to take you trapping, I'm going to throw all of those critters in the back of your truck. For free. You think anyone would go to AK to pay someone to go fishing halibut, then hand over all their fish to the guide?? Or pay mega bucks to kill a grizzly and just give it to the guide?? If you are a commercial fisherman and want me to catch you a fish, you're going to pay me to do it

Hey, I am pretty sure you took me steelhead fishing when I was too young to drive..Was I supposed to give you that fish?? I'm really sorry man...I guess I owe you!!!

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: Maui fishing recommendations [Re: Reaperman] #7211489
03/10/21 06:26 PM
03/10/21 06:26 PM
Montana
Griz Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Griz Trapper  Offline OP
trapper

Montana
Originally Posted by Reaperman
The town of Lahaina is where the fishing charters leave from. The docks are located in the heart of town near the Banyon tree (something you have to definitely see). I suggest you go down there around noon or so when the boats come back in to see the daily catches. Quite a few curious onlookers frequent the docks at this time. Its here where people buy fish directly from the boats. Its not uncommon for decent size sharks to follow the boats into the dock area in hopes of getting an easy meal of fish scraps. I even saw a big manta ray, about 6 feet or bigger hanging around.

That sounds awesome! We are really excited to go and check out another place. Montana is our home for a reason and we love it here, it's just nice to put your toe's n the sand from time to time. Thanks for all the advice!
Griz

STOP GLOBAL WHINING!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread