No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Regulations getting me down #7211961
03/11/21 01:00 AM
03/11/21 01:00 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
I'm currently trying to organize opposition to a proposal that would require beekeepers to obtain a Pest Control License to go cut down a bee tree or take bees out of a wall. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall and losing ground fast. My state association is run by a bunch of know nothing hobbyists and the guy heading that committee booted me from the committee over my objections. This guy was a close friend and my VP in one club and I was his VP in another. We've both served in multiple capacities over the years. But he's a Democrat and thinks regulation is a good thing. And he's taken it personal that I not only refused to endorse him in his run for probate judge I politely and respectfully explained why I can not support any one who supports democrat policy. This was done on a public forum.
As a result I've been cut out of the loop and only have back door channels to others around the state. Lot's of talk very little action. If this goes forward there will be litigation.
Just feeling down over it all.

[Linked Image]
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7211966
03/11/21 01:05 AM
03/11/21 01:05 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Never mix politics with buisness-its a loser.
Its why most people keep their political stripe to themselves.

Last edited by Boco; 03/11/21 01:06 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7211971
03/11/21 01:28 AM
03/11/21 01:28 AM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
My family has kept bees my whole life and will go get hives out of walls or other peculiar spots for people. I don't see the need for anyone to know that you're doing it if they do pass the regs. Not saying you shouldn't fight it, but If it passes I would just carry on as usual and keep it on the low. Good luck

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: RM trapper] #7211977
03/11/21 01:48 AM
03/11/21 01:48 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by RM trapper
My family has kept bees my whole life and will go get hives out of walls or other peculiar spots for people. I don't see the need for anyone to know that you're doing it if they do pass the regs. Not saying you shouldn't fight it, but If it passes I would just carry on as usual and keep it on the low. Good luck

That's exactly how it will go down. Until that one Nope customer doesn't want to pay or otherwise jam up the guy and then you're looking at huge fines or jail time.

This has been a raw deal from the get and I've been on it for three years now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7211987
03/11/21 03:15 AM
03/11/21 03:15 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Well I'm getting the idea he's planning something for next weeks local club meeting. Probably a call for my removal. A big so what on my part as I serve at the will of the membership and truth be told I'm president only because no one else wants the job. I just hate that he's willing to let a personal disagreement spill over into a club meeting.
If he tries I won't fight it I'll simply lay out my case and let the membership make the call. Sad thing is that about half the membership are brand new there to learn about beekeeping and have no clue on what's going on.

[Linked Image]
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7211990
03/11/21 03:49 AM
03/11/21 03:49 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Online content
trapper
Scout1  Online Content
trapper
S

N. Carolina
I'm assuming the close friend is only wanting to push that BEEKEEPERS have to have the pest control license if/when the removal of bee's results in
an exchange of money. Assuming no license would be required if done as a friend? Or as you seem to be very knowledgeable about bee's, start up another bee club and don't allow former buddy in the ranks?

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212005
03/11/21 06:17 AM
03/11/21 06:17 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by warrior
I'm currently trying to organize opposition to a proposal that would require beekeepers to obtain a Pest Control License to go cut down a bee tree or take bees out of a wall. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall and losing ground fast. My state association is run by a bunch of know nothing hobbyists and the guy heading that committee booted me from the committee over my objections. This guy was a close friend and my VP in one club and I was his VP in another. We've both served in multiple capacities over the years. But he's a Democrat and thinks regulation is a good thing. And he's taken it personal that I not only refused to endorse him in his run for probate judge I politely and respectfully explained why I can not support any one who supports democrat policy. This was done on a public forum.
As a result I've been cut out of the loop and only have back door channels to others around the state. Lot's of talk very little action. If this goes forward there will be litigation.
Just feeling down over it all.

Catch him alone after the meeting and knock his teeth out.

-Goofy-
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212013
03/11/21 06:42 AM
03/11/21 06:42 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
^^^^ Hobbie is a man of action!!!!

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212018
03/11/21 06:49 AM
03/11/21 06:49 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
So this former alliance - friend has become a bee up your skirt- ah, kilt...

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212019
03/11/21 06:50 AM
03/11/21 06:50 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Your "friend" sounds like a true democrat. Wants control over everything and will stab you in the back to get it.
Hope this all works out for you.

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212029
03/11/21 07:06 AM
03/11/21 07:06 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
What's the need for licencing to move some bees? Not a big fan of being regulated to death.

Edit: disregard Warrior, I had read it quick and at first glance thought you were the one pushing for licencing. I get it now.

Last edited by Crit-R-Dun; 03/11/21 07:11 AM.
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212050
03/11/21 07:45 AM
03/11/21 07:45 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I'm at a loss. I find it very difficult to be around Democrats most of the time. Well not just Democrats they don't have a monopoly on I know best how you should live and if you don't want to lessons I will make it so the government will force you mentally but they do tend to have a higher %.

This is bad and could spread if passed. Your at a stand still with your responce. What's the exact question and what do you have do far. What is the angle he is using to push it public safety?

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212053
03/11/21 07:48 AM
03/11/21 07:48 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Does the guy have a PCO business? If so, there's your issue. Cuts down the competition.

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: Scout1] #7212071
03/11/21 08:31 AM
03/11/21 08:31 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Scout1
I'm assuming the close friend is only wanting to push that BEEKEEPERS have to have the pest control license if/when the removal of bee's results in
an exchange of money. Assuming no license would be required if done as a friend? Or as you seem to be very knowledgeable about bee's, start up another bee club and don't allow former buddy in the ranks?

Yes, if a fee is charged. However anyone who has done a few removals will tell you it's hot dangerous work. My average removal is six hours with some going into the second day. Alot of it hanging off ladders or on lifts.
For myself I do this as a business as part of my wildlife business so I can absorb the costs or more correctly soak my clients for it. I already meet some of the requirements.
However, our dept of ag is not set up to offer the training nor do we have a suitable exam for this specialized activity. They propose using the UGA master beekeeper program which is nothing more or less than a voluntary ego stroking program geared for the entry level beekeeper as they progress from hobbyist to sideliner beekeeper with no aspect of bee removals covered.
The whole thing is a cluster from beginning to end.

Like I said I could jump on the bandwagon and play along to shut everybody else out of the game but that just ain't right and I will stand with my fellow beekeepers over the PCOs.

I did the same when the DNR effectively ended turtle trapping in this state. I got what I needed as a NWCO at the very first stakeholder meeting. In writing that NWCOs would still be able to trap as long as the turtles were relocated within the same watershed. But I stuck with for two years of meetings fighting alongside Kirk Dekalb to try to save turtle trapping. BTW the GTA never bothered to show up. In the end we lost but that's who I am. I will fight for what I believe to be right even if I could walk away.

[Linked Image]
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212089
03/11/21 08:59 AM
03/11/21 08:59 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Sounds like you need to choose better friends. Bee cut outs can be a real PITA on a good day. If this passes it will end up with more exterminating them rather then mess with the added expense. One person getting stung during an unlicensed removal and you are in deep do do. Your insurance would have a way to not pay during to be an illegal act. I see nothing good come of this.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212092
03/11/21 09:10 AM
03/11/21 09:10 AM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Warrior, how does your State view and categorize beekeeping? Here in NY, beekeeping falls under our NYS Dept of Agriculture, which frowns upon unnecessarily cumbersome (to the beekeeper) regulations...

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212094
03/11/21 09:13 AM
03/11/21 09:13 AM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Looks like you might have already answered what I was asking as I was typing...

However, our dept of ag is not set up to offer the training nor do we have a suitable exam for this specialized activity. They propose using the UGA master beekeeper program which is nothing more or less than a voluntary ego stroking program geared for the entry level beekeeper as they progress from hobbyist to sideliner beekeeper with no aspect of bee removals covered.
The whole thing is a cluster from beginning to end.

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212101
03/11/21 09:23 AM
03/11/21 09:23 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
I'm a tree guy for living, cut down, plant, remove trees. If a customer has honey bees we try and find someone to relocate, if it's going to be a pain or cost money we just soak them down with insect killer and throw the tree in a burn pile. I guarantee adding regulations and cost to bee removal will result in more bees being killed instead of relocated.

Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7212237
03/11/21 11:44 AM
03/11/21 11:44 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I'm a tree guy for living, cut down, plant, remove trees. If a customer has honey bees we try and find someone to relocate, if it's going to be a pain or cost money we just soak them down with insect killer and throw the tree in a burn pile. I guarantee adding regulations and cost to bee removal will result in more bees being killed instead of relocated.

I agree this is exactly what will happen and you have to think what is the end game in all this.

OK fasten your tin foil hat for a moment

I am going to toss out some what ifs

and understand this relies heavily on useful idiots playing a heavy hand Lenin's term useful idiots

global pandemic brought on by the CCP if not directly by creating the bio weapon certainly through forming the narrative they wanted , shifting blame and reaction.

Lock downs kill severely strain the worlds economy major shift to relying on government food and payments

shortages not nessacarily by design but they are happening , canning lids , ammunition , seeds

capitalize on major issues in bees as pollinators for crops

slowly make it through do-gooder legislation harder and harder that anyone could support themselves without the governmental system. you can't survive without doing something illegal.

media campaigns in unison that everyone not a MSM outlet is lying and feed the non-MSM some lies to be discredited on then feed the people the lies from the MSM en-mass for more do-gooder legislation "useful idiots"

canceling of people and culture and mass censorship by big tech at key times

I could go on how ever that is probably enough to think about

To be clear I am not saying this is all tied together into one massive take over , disease , economy , food , storage of food , get everyone on an experimental vaccine , manipulate eh media , I just couldn't tell if it wasn't

ok feel free to take off the tin foil hat now and think about how you can not be a Useful idiot.

any way just let me leave you a link to the CIA guide to sabotage 1944 https://corporate-rebels.com/cia-field-manual/

also I am not saying this is happening I am just saying looking at it from that angle one could see some real similarities to other nation state take overs in the 20th century,

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Regulations getting me down [Re: warrior] #7212299
03/11/21 01:25 PM
03/11/21 01:25 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Online content
trapper
Jurassic Park  Online Content
trapper
J

MB
How hard is it to go get a pest control license?

Here’s something to think about..

As dumb as you think needing a pest control license is to move bee’s from a wall or tree, it is just as dumb to befriend someone or go against someone on the sole fact of what party they vote for.

Cold as ice!
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread