No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: hitreason] #7213345
03/12/21 11:10 AM
03/12/21 11:10 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by hitreason
Two guys can lift the boxer engine.

Been there , done that a few times. Rebuilt a few of the boxer engines.

NRA benefactor member
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: Cragar] #7213356
03/12/21 11:23 AM
03/12/21 11:23 AM
Ocooch Mountains, WI
hitreason Offline
trapper
hitreason  Offline
trapper

Ocooch Mountains, WI
Originally Posted by Cragar
Originally Posted by hitreason
Two guys can lift the boxer engine.

Been there , done that a few times. Rebuilt a few of the boxer engines.

Getting ready to do a HG job on a 2007 I just scored.
I'll admit the brand is largely owned by the limp wristed crowd, which works out for me since there are so many for sale that need work.

The owners painted as pansies are generally dependent on the dealership for service.

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: Leftlane] #7213359
03/12/21 11:24 AM
03/12/21 11:24 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I guess we now know it's the sensitive men who drive them as well as the lesbians. Lol

grin

How bout it? Lol. Question support for an Anti-hunting and trapping
vechile company and they really get weepy. Kinda sad truthfully.
Whatever "bros," rock yer commie whips.
grin confused sick

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: Law Dog] #7213361
03/12/21 11:25 AM
03/12/21 11:25 AM
south east lancaster co. PA.
T
TRAPPER TOM Offline
trapper
TRAPPER TOM  Offline
trapper
T

south east lancaster co. PA.
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Spendy the wife just got a new RAV4 she likes it it has the new safety options so our insurance even went down some.

Crager are you sure your RAV4 isn't a TOYOTA

PASS IT ON OR LOSE IT
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: Steven 49er] #7213363
03/12/21 11:28 AM
03/12/21 11:28 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun

And! No one will call you a homo.

And if they do punch them in the mouth if it offends ya

Or if you're too sensitive to take a joke, you can swat at them with your purse... lol

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7213391
03/12/21 12:04 PM
03/12/21 12:04 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Whatever works.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: Howell Bros] #7213788
03/12/21 08:48 PM
03/12/21 08:48 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by Howell Bros
I guess if what you drive affects your sexuality, better fight that battle on your own time. I have seen many trucks with rainbow stickers on the tailgate. I fact don’t homosexuals wear shoes too? And what about socks? Do they buy food at a grocery store? You guys make the weirdest arguments.

Yea, but have you seen the shoes and socks they wear? Just sayin' grin

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7213881
03/12/21 10:08 PM
03/12/21 10:08 PM
South Central Idaho
I
IdahoCoyotes Offline
trapper
IdahoCoyotes  Offline
trapper
I

South Central Idaho
I recently got a 2016 Subaru outback used with 100k on it that I use for hunting and trapping. It is good for what it is, I would rather have a toyota tacoma or a toyota of some sort though. When I was younger, my family took a 2001 forester on a road that was labeled 4x4 and we had 4wd so we thought we could make it. The road kept getting worse and worse but we kept going, it was more of jeep road and we really should not have been on it, but the subaru did get us out. It never did drive the same after that thought, then again we drove a similar road in a 2017 ford F-150 and it didnt drive the same either. I have never heard of stereotyping people for driving a Subaru, but I guess times are changing. I see a fair amount of them around here and my dad always had a subaru growing up and they were fairly reliable and you could get some miles out of them if you kept up on maintenance. That being said, I recently took my car in to get the oil changed at the dealership and they charged me like $125 which seemed like a lot. As far as cost, I got mine used for 15k and I would have bought a Tacoma if I could have found one in good shape for that much but I couldn't find any for that price unless it was like a 1999.I also dont want to get into the argument about what owning one means about you, I am just giving my two cents on the car and I hope it helps in the decision making. (If you can get a Tacoma thats what I would recommend because they are smaller than a full sized but they also can get through some rougher roads.)

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7213949
03/12/21 10:57 PM
03/12/21 10:57 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Any person that thinks a particular brand of car indicates sexual or political views is on some pretty shaky mental ground.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: T-Rex] #7213954
03/12/21 11:04 PM
03/12/21 11:04 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by T-Rex
Any person that thinks a particular brand of car indicates sexual or political views is on some pretty shaky mental ground.

You need to get out from under your rock

Subaru knows who their customers are , and advertise as such .

They don't hide it either .

Last edited by AntiGov; 03/12/21 11:09 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7213987
03/12/21 11:40 PM
03/12/21 11:40 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
What are you doing on Saturday night, Cutie?

Don't worry I won't tell, even if there is no reason to hide it anymore.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: AntiGov] #7214033
03/13/21 12:42 AM
03/13/21 12:42 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by T-Rex

You need to get out from under your rock

Subaru knows who their customers are , and advertise as such .

They don't hide it either .

Judging a owner to their car is just silly.
Most car buyers are totally clueless to what they are buying and what is perceived or understood about the car.

I have spent over 20 years of my life in the automotive trade professionally. There is a crazy amount of the general public who have almost zero clue of what they are stepping into. I have worked as a car wash boy to detailer to mechanic to service writer to service manager to a HS automotive shop teacher. Even worked in a body shop , tire shop , muffler shop and more. Plus managed several gas stations and garages. I own over $40k in hand tools. I have owned over 200 cars , I have literally lost count and the true number is close to 300. I have even owned over 25 cars at one time. I've owned over 10 motorcycles and over 10 boats. I have owned over 75 small engine things , lawnmowers, snowblowers, generators, rototillers,weedwackers, chainsaws etc.

Total gearhead.

There are SO many facets to the mechanical type objects , it is mind boggling to type cast it.

I laugh when I see people bash this brand over another brand. Chevys this , Fords that , Chrysler whatever.

Some are better than others , true. But even the best make junk here and there.
Chevy - Vega , Corvair
Ford - Pinto , Edsel
Chrysler - Volare/Aspen , Cordoba , anything new made with Fiat.
Honda - Del Sol
Toyota - Early Prius , Starlet

Every car manufacturer has its flops. From someone who sees this things , you can pick winners and losers from all manufacturers. No loyalty. Currently driving a Mazda Tribute. Why ? I got it for free. Yup , 100% for free , zero cost.
Why for free ? It belonged to a friend. He had a new (rebuilt) engine put in it , plus spent $600 on new tires. Then found out it had a chronic rust issue. All Ford Escapes/Mercury Mariners/Mazda Tributes have a fatal flaw. The passenger's rear wheel well rots out with rust. Only the passenger's rear wheel well , other 3 are solid. I'm currently running on 3 shocks/struts as the passenger's rear well well is so rusted I have no shock absorber there. But am planning on running this vehicle until it pukes . Zero cost of ownership other than normal maintenance items like brakes and tires an cost of driving it like gas and insurance.

Totally laughing at brand loyalty and perceived status of one brand over another.

I drive whatever is cheapest to own and laugh at those who think they have a better car just because of it's brand.

NRA benefactor member
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: JohnnyY] #7214044
03/13/21 12:52 AM
03/13/21 12:52 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by JohnnyY
Son has had a couple. Timing belts around 70G used to be common but I don't know about current models. They are very capable in crappy weather with decent tires. And they are reliable. Just don't forget the Bernie and Coexist decals.

The "Bernie" and the "Coexist" come standard... But there's a big box at the dealership with all of the "13.1", "26.2", and "Hug a Tree" stickers you can buy.

They won't let you leave the lot until you cover 46% of the rear window.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7214069
03/13/21 01:10 AM
03/13/21 01:10 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Stereotypes may not always hold true but I've never seen the same stickers on a jacked up black smoke blowing straight exhaust diesel that I see on a Subaru wagon.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7214089
03/13/21 01:37 AM
03/13/21 01:37 AM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
[/quote]
Judging a owner to their car is just silly.
Most car buyers are totally clueless to what they are buying and what is perceived or understood about the car.

I have spent over 20 years of my life in the automotive trade professionally. There is a crazy amount of the general public who have almost zero clue of what they are stepping into. I have worked as a car wash boy to detailer to mechanic to service writer to service manager to a HS automotive shop teacher. Even worked in a body shop , tire shop , muffler shop and more. Plus managed several gas stations and garages. I own over $40k in hand tools. I have owned over 200 cars , I have literally lost count and the true number is close to 300. I have even owned over 25 cars at one time. I've owned over 10 motorcycles and over 10 boats. I have owned over 75 small engine things , lawnmowers, snowblowers, generators, rototillers,weedwackers, chainsaws etc.

Total gearhead.

There are SO many facets to the mechanical type objects , it is mind boggling to type cast it.

I laugh when I see people bash this brand over another brand. Chevys this , Fords that , Chrysler whatever.

Some are better than others , true. But even the best make junk here and there.
Chevy - Vega , Corvair
Ford - Pinto , Edsel
Chrysler - Volare/Aspen , Cordoba , anything new made with Fiat.
Honda - Del Sol
Toyota - Early Prius , Starlet

Every car manufacturer has its flops. From someone who sees this things , you can pick winners and losers from all manufacturers. No loyalty. Currently driving a Mazda Tribute. Why ? I got it for free. Yup , 100% for free , zero cost.
Why for free ? It belonged to a friend. He had a new (rebuilt) engine put in it , plus spent $600 on new tires. Then found out it had a chronic rust issue. All Ford Escapes/Mercury Mariners/Mazda Tributes have a fatal flaw. The passenger's rear wheel well rots out with rust. Only the passenger's rear wheel well , other 3 are solid. I'm currently running on 3 shocks/struts as the passenger's rear well well is so rusted I have no shock absorber there. But am planning on running this vehicle until it pukes . Zero cost of ownership other than normal maintenance items like brakes and tires an cost of driving it like gas and insurance.

Totally laughing at brand loyalty and perceived status of one brand over another.

I drive whatever is cheapest to own and laugh at those who think they have a better car just because of it's brand.

[/quote]

I laugh about anyone who believes this is about brand loyalty.
It's about a vechile company who is openly against true
conservationists and those that utilize the outdoors and nature.
Honda dont say nuthin, Nissan dont say nuthin, Yota dont say nuthin...all Jap vechiles
I'd own before one of "those things." Running two of said alternatives right now...not at the same time, it could get dangerous. Lol.

Last edited by furstroker; 03/13/21 01:40 AM.
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7214106
03/13/21 02:30 AM
03/13/21 02:30 AM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
In the flops category... can't forget the Chevy Monza. Had to lift the engine to change the plugs and take off the tires to put chains on.

And the title goes to the American Motors Gremlin.... both ugly and disfunctional.

Pete

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: furstroker] #7214136
03/13/21 05:43 AM
03/13/21 05:43 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by furstroker

I laugh about anyone who believes this is about brand loyalty.
It's about a vechile company who is openly against true
conservationists and those that utilize the outdoors and nature.
Honda dont say nuthin, Nissan dont say nuthin, Yota dont say nuthin...all Jap vechiles
I'd own before one of "those things." Running two of said alternatives right now...not at the same time, it could get dangerous. Lol.

You are aware that those donations are at the whim of the buyer ?

You can also direct your donation in another direction , like to the national parks or make-a-wish or meals on wheels.
https://www.subaru.com/share-the-love.html

Subaru also used to sell a car that literally came with the bumper stickers on it. It was known as the L.L. Bean edition. Not exactly a anti group. Many outdoorsmans buy their products too.

True , some anti groups and eco terrorists like Subaru products but to paint every owner with that brush is a bit of a stretch. Anti's buy L.L. Bean products too. I was in the L.L. Bean store in Freeport a few years ago with a friend. We were standing near the 'gun library' just kinda looking at the high end guns they sold there. A couple came around the corner and spotted the guns for sale and were just mortified and quickly beat feet out of the section of the store. My friend and I just laughed at their reaction to seeing the firearms. The L.L. Bean employee said it happens all the time.

NRA benefactor member
Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7214148
03/13/21 06:32 AM
03/13/21 06:32 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Speaking of the monza spark plug. They make a socket that is
milled on the side, slotted, and can be slipped in side ways.
On some others we drilled a hole in inner fender.
The spider model with 300 hp small block and clutch was one fun ride.
Vechilis were not subject to tman approval at that time lol.

I worked on one LL bean vechilli.
I'd run it.

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: bigfoottrapper] #7214170
03/13/21 07:59 AM
03/13/21 07:59 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Truth be known a board room of executives at Subaru could probably care less about anything but good marketing and the bottom line.

Re: SUBARU cars? [Re: IdahoCoyotes] #7214218
03/13/21 09:29 AM
03/13/21 09:29 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by IdahoCoyotes
I recently got a 2016 Subaru outback used with 100k on it that I use for hunting and trapping. It is good for what it is, I would rather have a toyota tacoma or a toyota of some sort though. When I was younger, my family took a 2001 forester on a road that was labeled 4x4 and we had 4wd so we thought we could make it. The road kept getting worse and worse but we kept going, it was more of jeep road and we really should not have been on it, but the subaru did get us out. It never did drive the same after that thought, then again we drove a similar road in a 2017 ford F-150 and it didnt drive the same either. I have never heard of stereotyping people for driving a Subaru, but I guess times are changing. I see a fair amount of them around here and my dad always had a subaru growing up and they were fairly reliable and you could get some miles out of them if you kept up on maintenance. That being said, I recently took my car in to get the oil changed at the dealership and they charged me like $125 which seemed like a lot. As far as cost, I got mine used for 15k and I would have bought a Tacoma if I could have found one in good shape for that much but I couldn't find any for that price unless it was like a 1999.I also dont want to get into the argument about what owning one means about you, I am just giving my two cents on the car and I hope it helps in the decision making. (If you can get a Tacoma thats what I would recommend because they are smaller than a full sized but they also can get through some rougher roads.)

Synthetic oil is expensive! $125.00 is out of line. It is easy to change oil in a Subaru. The oil filter is right on top of the motor.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread