No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216673
03/15/21 04:22 PM
03/15/21 04:22 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Can't even call this a vaccine, it does not prevent anything from happening to you, people taking it probably have a higher chance of getting covid if they haven't had it yet, not not a poll just my opinion from reading every where about people with problems having taken it.

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: GritGuy] #7216698
03/15/21 04:40 PM
03/15/21 04:40 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by GritGuy
Can't even call this a vaccine, it does not prevent anything from happening to you, people taking it probably have a higher chance of getting covid if they haven't had it yet, not not a poll just my opinion from reading every where about people with problems having taken it.

I've been saying that for months. It's not a true vaccine like the smallpox vaccine is which prevents you from becoming infected with smallpox. With this so called "vaccine" you can still become infected with covid unlike the smallpox vaccine.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7216737
03/15/21 05:16 PM
03/15/21 05:16 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

When did asking someone what they think or how they feel about anything become scientific? It is an opinion poll. Kinda. It's like your birthday cake poll. It doesn't hold any scientific significance. It just says you might want to bring a little something else for those who don't like birthday cake. Or you could just ignore it and pretend like the poll has no meaning and tell everyone they have to like birthday cake because you were not able to form a hypothesis, collect and analyze data and come to a conclusion.

And I could give a rat's butt whether a group of medical people's opinion is published in a medical journal. The big thing they did find out is the majority of people in that study stated they did not want to take the experimental vaccine. It ain't rocket science.

An opinion poll in a court of law? Did you actually just type that?

This story has merit when matched with all the other similar stories that have no tie. But I am sure, being a lawyer, you will argue until you think you win. So, argue with us about an opinion poll, counselor. LOL!!!!

You're making my point. You think the opinions of some nurses lends support to your also unscientific opinion that the vaccine(s) is unsafe. Their opinions do not.

I get it, you don't like the vaccine(s) and you are desperate to show that others, without medical degrees and who also have done zero research, agree with you.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216743
03/15/21 05:21 PM
03/15/21 05:21 PM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Science has been politized just like everything else.

Pure Blood
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216744
03/15/21 05:22 PM
03/15/21 05:22 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
My SF is an RN of 30 yrs and says no way in heck, as well as her co-workers and doctors on staff.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 03/15/21 05:23 PM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216764
03/15/21 05:44 PM
03/15/21 05:44 PM
Happy Valley
CoonsBane Offline
trapper
CoonsBane  Offline
trapper

Happy Valley
Every court case without a guilty plea is an opinion poll. It doesn't mean that you actually committed the crime, it is just the opinion of the judge and/or jury that you did.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216925
03/15/21 08:17 PM
03/15/21 08:17 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Dont bother arguing about it-It will soon be made mandatory in the USA because of all the backward people scared of it and refusing to get it-thus harming the well being of everyone else who are doing their part to get to herd immunity and get the economy going again as soon as possible.
Even Trump was smart enough to get it.

Last edited by Boco; 03/15/21 08:22 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7216955
03/15/21 08:39 PM
03/15/21 08:39 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Those nurses have much more knowledge than you do. Most have been through the same undergrad as a doctor. You are the one belittling people who have a degree pertinent to this subject. Those nurses and doctors took more science courses than environmental science, believe it or not. For goodness sake they work in the medical field as their JOB and you think their opinion is worth nothing.

And my unscientific opinion is exactly that, lacking in science. You know data? As in insufficient data? If you think there is enough data, then go get the experimental vaccine. it's your choice. In looking at it from a scientific point of view, there is insufficient data for me to make a decision.

But that's not scientific, is it?
crazy

I think nursing is a noble profession but, again, you are reading what you want to read. The story was about nurses and other health professionals: orderlies, phlebotomists, nursing aids, etc.--also noble professions but not medical doctors. And not all nurses have B.S. degrees. But it is in fact true that nurses know more about nursing than me. I don't think nurses would claim they know more about the development and testing of vaccines than the doctors that do so. Do nurses have questions and opinions? Sure. I am however not aware of any nurse that has ever developed a vaccine.

Regardless, you are letting your political leanings cloud your supposed science.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7216968
03/15/21 08:44 PM
03/15/21 08:44 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Blaine County

This is a much more reasonable approach.

Nurses can have opinions based on what they have seen--the anecdotal evidence. But, those collective opinions do not equate to scientific proof of anything and I am concerned that their hesitancy is based more on what they read on social media instead of what they have actually observed.

I am getting the vaccine for the same reasons as you next week.

No it's not and there isn't a lick of science to that decision either. IT"S YOUR OPINION!!! It just makes you feel better about choosing to get the experimental vaccine next week, as you say.

Be sure you don't have regrets by trying to make others who don't have your opinion look stupid. LOL!!!!!

You are showing your desperation by belittling people not sharing your opinion about your decision that you are unsure of. LOL!!!! Even though they work in the medical field and you are just a lawyer who took environmental science and geology LOL!!!

This is funny!!

In all seriousness, get the experimental vaccine. It's your choice and your OPINION!!! LOL!!!

Your obsession with this is odd. Nonetheless, I agree that it is your choice to not be vaccinated. I really don't care whether you get the shot or don't get the shot. I do wish you would calm down though.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216972
03/15/21 08:46 PM
03/15/21 08:46 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I'm polite. You asked several questions.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216982
03/15/21 08:49 PM
03/15/21 08:49 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
He seems to be trying to justify why he was wrong about most healthcare workers not wanting the vaccine Bowhunter.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7216998
03/15/21 09:02 PM
03/15/21 09:02 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Ya have to be careful on polls, as in the exact wording.

I've read polls that said most would take the vaccine, around 70% would. That means if they had to take it, they would.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217057
03/15/21 09:36 PM
03/15/21 09:36 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
What about all the folks that got the virus and recovered...is there any need for the shot? Wouldn’t antibodies trump whatever they’re injecting?

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7217062
03/15/21 09:39 PM
03/15/21 09:39 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Boco
Dont bother arguing about it-It will soon be made mandatory in the USA because of all the backward people scared of it and refusing to get it-thus harming the well being of everyone else who are doing their part to get to herd immunity and get the economy going again as soon as possible.
Even Trump was smart enough to get it.

So is the medical utopia of Canada testing for natural immunity so experimental vaccines will be given to those who don't have immunity?

I can say one thing. With all of the information given on this site, there is no way anyone could not make an informed decision. At least here you get A LOT more information than just CDC, WHO and fauxi on MSLSD, CNN, NBC and all the other lying alphabets.

So even though I have already had covid and have natural immunity, does this still make me an inbred retard (your words) to refuse to get the experimental vaccine?

Do like your fearless ex leader(who also had covid) and get it.
Did you ever get the flu and then get it again?Natural immunity is no good with the flu.You need the shots to cover all the variants.

Last edited by Boco; 03/15/21 09:40 PM.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217064
03/15/21 09:40 PM
03/15/21 09:40 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I already passed on the shot...see no need in it.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217085
03/15/21 09:53 PM
03/15/21 09:53 PM
North Carolina
F
finbar Offline
trapper
finbar  Offline
trapper
F

North Carolina
Everyone needs to make their own decision based on the risks and benefits. Most healthcare workers have the same exposure to covid as the girl at the grocery store. Some, like myself, have a very high exposure by working with a particular patient population or performing airborne inducing procedures. This matters because there is a lot of evidence that the viral load you are exposed to predicts the severity of the disease. So covid acquired by intubating someone is likely going to be worse than being at a bday party with someone with covid. Some healthcare workers might reasonably think the benefits outweigh the risks but others, like a nurse at an outpatient family doctor, might reasonably think the risks outweigh the benefits. I eventually got the vaccine (initially declined due to lack of evidence) but ended up getting it once the near term risk/benefit was clear. I will be the only one in my family to get it but my risks are a lot higher.

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: Boco] #7217100
03/15/21 10:05 PM
03/15/21 10:05 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

Did you ever get the flu and then get it again?Natural immunity is no good with the flu.You need the shots to cover all the variants.

Tell that to those that havent ever had the flu...

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7217117
03/15/21 10:13 PM
03/15/21 10:13 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio

1. There are A LOT of studies out there from various sources (you pick) who have tested immunity in people who have had covid. Many people have had covid long before the experimental vaccine came out or they were eligible for it. Myself included. Most of the scientific studies show robust immunity in people who have already been exposed. Sadly, you have to go look for those because the MSM will not tell you about those studies and if you try to give them any credence or dare to discuss them, you are a kook or you don't care if grandparents die. Follow the talking heads and fauxi. That is all you need to know.

2. You really need to look af influenza immunity also. There are several strains of influenza and the flu shot only has a 38% efficacy rate. (CDC stats, you look them up)

3. The current experimental vaccine has questionable effectiveness against the South African strain. If you will do your research, you will see a SA strain vaccine is in the works already. There is also anther New York strain with the South African and Brazilian strains combined. Along your line of thinking, we better get all of the genetically modified experimental vaccines as they come or we will die.

You speak very generally and most of what you say is what the media spews. I beg of you to better inform yourself. You will have a much better conversation and make much better informed decisions.

And, like Blaine, I give a crap if you get the shot or not and if you do I will not think you are an inbred retard.

I think you mean "dont give a crap"

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: yukon254] #7217141
03/15/21 10:28 PM
03/15/21 10:28 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
My wife is a nurse and has decided to not take the vaccine unless they make her. As of right now only about 50% of the healthcare workers have decided to take it. And this is a big healthcare facility. My hunting partner is also a RN and has been doing travel nursing since this all begin and working the covid unit, and he also refused the vaccine. I got a bad case of covid about 5 weeks ago and I had just started getting symptoms when he called wanting to go with me to check traps, I told him that I wasn't feeling well but he said he had been around it so much he wasn't worried about it. Wouldn't you know that he caught it from me. He also said about half the people he works with including doctors have not taken the vaccine. As bad as it got me down and I'm only 38 if I was older I would probably think about getting it

Re: Health care workers and the vaccine [Re: bowhunter27295] #7217148
03/15/21 10:35 PM
03/15/21 10:35 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

1. There are A LOT of studies out there from various sources (you pick) who have tested immunity in people who have had covid. Many people have had covid long before the experimental vaccine came out or they were eligible for it. Myself included. Most of the scientific studies show robust immunity in people who have already been exposed. Sadly, you have to go look for those because the MSM will not tell you about those studies and if you try to give them any credence or dare to discuss them, you are a kook or you don't care if grandparents die. Follow the talking heads and fauxi. That is all you need to know.

2. You really need to look af influenza immunity also. There are several strains of influenza and the flu shot only has a 38% efficacy rate. (CDC stats, you look them up)

3. The current experimental vaccine has questionable effectiveness against the South African strain. If you will do your research, you will see a SA strain vaccine is in the works already. There is also anther New York strain with the South African and Brazilian strains combined. Along your line of thinking, we better get all of the genetically modified experimental vaccines as they come or we will die.

You speak very generally and most of what you say is what the media spews. I beg of you to better inform yourself. You will have a much better conversation and make much better informed decisions.

And, like Blaine, I give a crap if you get the shot or not and if you do I will not think you are an inbred retard.

Sorry,I dont get my info on covid vaccine from google like you.
I had a long discussion with my family doctor who I have known for over 20 years and he explained it very well thank you.
I go for vac my next Monday.The shot we get is over 90%(92% from the data Dan showed me) effective for covid and not affected at all by any variant.

You go get some more tinfoil.

Last edited by Boco; 03/15/21 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread