No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question on these Alaska reality tv shows [Re: Gulo] #7217742
03/16/21 03:48 PM
03/16/21 03:48 PM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
Originally Posted by Gulo
After living in Alaska in several places and flying a small plane and working virtually everywhere in the state over a period of 27+ years, what you see on "reality" shows on TV is anything but, reality. There are private inholdings scattered throughout the state, just like anywhere else, and you can purchase these from time-to-time. But, what you see on "reality" TV is basically bull-pucky.

Jack

Oh come on! I punched out a salmon just the other day. lol

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Question on these Alaska reality tv shows [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7217745
03/16/21 03:50 PM
03/16/21 03:50 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
How much remote land is available depends on your definition of "remote." I have no doubt that White17's definition is probably different than an east-coast suburbanite's.

There are remote parcels available, but a lot of people are looking for it, it goes fast and it's expensive both to purchase and to get to.
A friend of mine bought a property with an airstrip and cabin on the Yentna River. He got it because he has his own plane, flew out to view it the day after it listed, called the seller from his sat phone and offered full price cash. He was told there were at least 2 other people on their way to view it that day.

Stuff that's good ain't cheap and stuff that's cheap ain't good.

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
When did land become so expensive there?Has it always been like that in recent times?

When everyone started watching Alaska reality shows and getting inspired smile

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Question on these Alaska reality tv shows [Re: martyd] #7217827
03/16/21 05:11 PM
03/16/21 05:11 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
I watched a re run of Mountain Men the other night and one of the younger guys walked in snowshoes 2 miles pulling a sled to retrieve a 55 gallon drum and some metal sheets with newspaper printing on them and then walked back. Same guy has 4 horses tied up in front of his cabin. I ain't the smartest tool in the shed but I can imagine riding a horse pulling a sled there and back. Probably why I'll never be on t v.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: Question on these Alaska reality tv shows [Re: Squaretimber] #7217879
03/16/21 06:28 PM
03/16/21 06:28 PM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
Originally Posted by Squaretimber
https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/Trapper-Creek-Alaska-99683/9953194/

What's wrong with this one? I'm not interested but if you wanted solitude in the wilderness it should work

It looks like it has flying bears in the area. SPLAT!
Nice place.

B

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread