No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Lure question #7217480
03/16/21 10:22 AM
03/16/21 10:22 AM
Ohio, USA
Ave Offline OP
trapper
Ave  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio, USA
Hey guys, a friend of mine gave me an old lure collection he had. I have 2 questions. For years they sat in a sealed bucket outside, so I’m assuming they’ve been exposed to temperature change over and over. Are they still good? They seem to smell fine to me. Question 2. Many of them have heavy rust on the lids, and I’m wondering how I should remove this? I haven’t opened the lids yet, and want to remove the rust before I unscrew them. Thanks!!

Ave don't go where the beaver don't flow
Re: Lure question [Re: Ave] #7217486
03/16/21 10:31 AM
03/16/21 10:31 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
1) most likely
2) I have been able to loosen them by soaking several minutes upside down in just enough HOT water to cover lids, then using channel lock pliers if needed.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Lure question [Re: Ave] #7218025
03/16/21 08:30 PM
03/16/21 08:30 PM
Holmes Co. Ohio
K
Killbuck Offline
trapper
Killbuck  Offline
trapper
K

Holmes Co. Ohio
How can they smell fine if none have been opened?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread