No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
New ECO Requirement #7220416
03/18/21 10:34 PM
03/18/21 10:34 PM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline OP
trapper
mad_mike  Offline OP
trapper
M

49th State
Does anyone know more about this one?
https://www.kinyradio.com/news/news...-engine-cut-off-switches-in-small-boats/
https://community.nasbla.org/commun...r#bme41a8a0d-4b7c-4e3a-8ae7-e19a1308a233

I get the “safety” issue.
We have one state that drug use is basically totally legal. In some cities junkies can ask for clean needles to go bang their drugs through. Why the **** can a federal law bind me to wear a lanyard to a kill switch? Do you think state and municipal enforcement will actually hold you to this none sense?

My thoughts are if you want to buy, install, and use such a safety switch then good on you.

Re: New ECO Requirement [Re: mad_mike] #7220517
03/19/21 12:12 AM
03/19/21 12:12 AM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
All new boats or motors here require a kill switch to be installed and they are at the factory not retrofitted. Same with personal watercraft/jet skis. We are not in my state required to have them attached to us in boats or to retro fit models that didn't come with them either boat motor or jet ski. It is a law that if one is installed on a jet ski that it cannot be disabled and must be hooked to the driver at all times that the motor is running.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: New ECO Requirement [Re: mad_mike] #7220528
03/19/21 12:25 AM
03/19/21 12:25 AM
49th State
M
mad_mike Offline OP
trapper
mad_mike  Offline OP
trapper
M

49th State
What about boats that are home built? Plenty are, without factory motors equipped with tethered kill switches. No way I can get from driving any boat I am used to to the bow and on shore, with the motor in gear with this proposed nonsense. It’s actually unsafe to have the damned kill switch.

Re: New ECO Requirement [Re: mad_mike] #7220570
03/19/21 02:52 AM
03/19/21 02:52 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I'll attach it to my fly. Just incase I forget to kill the motor before relieving myself. Functional and symbolic of how I feel about the current state of goverment.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: New ECO Requirement [Re: mad_mike] #7220627
03/19/21 06:47 AM
03/19/21 06:47 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
The person or persons who put this into play have no idea what boats are used for and how they are used. Say I'm trolling offshore in a 25' boat. I'll have two flat lines(maybe one on a planer down deep) and four off the outriggers and at least one shotgun line down the center way back. If its calm I'll add a short shotgun right in the propwash for that wahoo that comes up(its an awesome bite when they do). If I'm out with a few guys who fish regularly and know what to do them I'm good to go. If I'm with my wife and child then I'm screwed. I have at least half the lines to clear(clear one side and fight the fish on that side typically though sometimes we have to clear everything). So fish hits I react and now the boats dead in the water? This crap is a ridiculous overreach of our government. We normally hit the auto pilot, clear lines on one side and deal with the fish on that side now. Also most of the lanyards(our skiff is set up this way) are in the way of the wheel if I use it correctly.

More Cowbell
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread