Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
tanning? #7221329
03/19/21 08:46 PM
03/19/21 08:46 PM
PA
S
sjd257 Offline OP
trapper
sjd257  Offline OP
trapper
S

PA
Newer trapper here in need of tanning advice. Also my first post here, Have tanned before with the orange bottle. I have never tumbled but want to try the clothes dryer as a tumbler. Can someone please give me the step by step for fur that was case skinned and frozen. So it will need thawed, fleshed, tumbled etc.. Not sure of the order of steps or recipes for mixtures to tumble with. From what I have read on here I am leaning towards corn cob grit and a clothes dryer. What type of bag do people use? how long? What chemicals to mix? Sorry just kind of overwhelmed and need a good starting point. Thank you in advance.

Re: tanning? [Re: sjd257] #7221552
03/20/21 01:04 AM
03/20/21 01:04 AM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
Make sure that you put it on TUMBLE dry not heat dry. I'll give you the link that I used for my beaver from someone who knows a lot about tanning.
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4551665/1/tanning-a-furskin

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: tanning? [Re: NorthenTrapper] #7221692
03/20/21 08:45 AM
03/20/21 08:45 AM
PA
S
sjd257 Offline OP
trapper
sjd257  Offline OP
trapper
S

PA