No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hot Pepper Growers: Question [Re: PSB1011] #7220695
03/19/21 08:28 AM
03/19/21 08:28 AM
south east lancaster co. PA.
T
TRAPPER TOM Offline
trapper
TRAPPER TOM  Offline
trapper
T

south east lancaster co. PA.
Originally Posted by PSB1011
I grow jalapeņo peppers, and love to ferment them.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hey Phll nice add for Back road Maple

Last edited by TRAPPER TOM; 03/19/21 08:28 AM.

PASS IT ON OR LOSE IT
Re: Hot Pepper Growers: Question [Re: ] #7221153
03/19/21 05:26 PM
03/19/21 05:26 PM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

St. Croix County, Wisconsin
Adam M is right about starving the plants of water. The more stress on the pepper the hotter the pepper will be. My uncle has gone as far as putting 6 inches of sand under the areas he plants his peppers so that they only get the amount of water that he wants them to have. He has the hottest peppers of a particular pepper that I have ever had.

Re: Hot Pepper Growers: Question [Re: ~ADC~] #7221345
03/19/21 09:10 PM
03/19/21 09:10 PM
Iowa
O
ou812 Offline
trapper
ou812  Offline
trapper
O

Iowa
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by ou812
Funny.......I have never grown hot peppers. This year decided to jump in and try it out for a new hobby.....have Trinidad scorpion, sugar bush peach, Jay's peach jakoli, red bhut, apocalypse scorpion , carolina reapers , scotch bonnet. I don't eat them. Gonna give them away if they survive. Interesting tips.

I've thought of tring this too but the hottest peppers I can handle are serranos, so I'd just be growing to challenge other people who they can eat them. lol

All of the peppers given away will come with a warning to proceed with caution. Those peach colored ones are probably gonna catch some folks off guard.....lol. Err....almost all will be warned.

Re: Hot Pepper Growers: Question [Re: ] #7221710
03/20/21 09:48 AM
03/20/21 09:48 AM
NE
M
Marty B Offline
"arbitrary noob"
Marty B  Offline
"arbitrary noob"
M

NE
Two years ago I tried my hand with some fermented hot sauce from the peppers in my neighborhood.

It was surprisingly good, but ran out in early spring.

So last year I aimed at giant batch big enough to last the whole year.

I planted 3/4 medium heat, and 1/4 hot stuff. Then I picked, cleaned, and froze them as they ripened.

Then after the last of them I made one big batch. So far so good, even gave some away.

You can get on Amazon and buy bottles for your sauce, complete with heat shrink seals.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread