ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Square shy beaver [Re: otterdog] #7221139
03/19/21 05:15 PM
03/19/21 05:15 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Was just on the phone with an Ohio friend, Tim, who set his first beaver job of the new year. Trap shy, one beaver. He set 660's, brushed them in and the beaver removed the brush. "Great" way to start the year. Lots this going around in the states. It once was a challenge, now merely an aggravation. Far more rewarding to set two traps at dark and have the pair at sunup.

Re: Square shy beaver [Re: otterdog] #7221199
03/19/21 06:32 PM
03/19/21 06:32 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
In my opinion most guys do to much guiding which Is not at all natural Less Is more In my way of thinking. In most case the beaver Isn't trap shy it's SET SHY.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Square shy beaver [Re: otterdog] #7221711
03/20/21 09:49 AM
03/20/21 09:49 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Know what you mean about over fencing etc. Sometimes a bare trap is better or just a little brush to break up the outline. The brush is now gone and the traps are standing alone. My guess is they still won't go through them, but maybe? Bare cages work just fine. Brush is often for thieves or nosey neighbors.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread