No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Firearm Commercial Rant #7222381
03/21/21 06:39 AM
03/21/21 06:39 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Have you seen the latest “lock up your gun” commercial?

Where are the counter commercials?

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222386
03/21/21 06:59 AM
03/21/21 06:59 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I don't watch much TV and haven't seen it. Most TV is used as a tool by liberals for propaganda and the indoctrination if the ignorant masses.

My carry pistol was lying on my desk in my office yesterday. My eleven-year-old granddaughter came in and saw it. She ask me what type of gun it was. I told her in some detail. She ask if she could shoot it. We'll be getting in some range time (home range on my property) today.

That's my counter commercial.

Eh...wot?

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222394
03/21/21 07:10 AM
03/21/21 07:10 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
I'm confused. Why would you oppose firearm security? Kids die from access to insecure guns.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222399
03/21/21 07:16 AM
03/21/21 07:16 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Yes, you are very confused Canadian.

Eh...wot?

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Lugnut] #7222400
03/21/21 07:17 AM
03/21/21 07:17 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I'm confused. Why would you oppose firearm security? Kids die from access to insecure guns.

Firearm Security should be in the form of education. A commercial showing parents panicking because they can’t find their firearm and their child is locked in the bedroom isn’t really conveying that is it?

Perhaps a single mom waking up to breaking glass and forcing an intruder out of the house and then holding frightened children would be a more gun friendly security commercial.

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I don't watch much TV and haven't seen it. Most TV is used as a tool by liberals for propaganda and the indoctrination if the ignorant masses.

My carry pistol was lying on my desk in my office yesterday. My eleven-year-old granddaughter came in and saw it. She ask me what type of gun it was. I told her in some detail. She ask if she could shoot it. We'll be getting in some range time (home range on my property) today.

Kudos to you but how many people are going to get that message. It’s the type of counter commercial I’m talking about.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 03/21/21 07:20 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222404
03/21/21 07:24 AM
03/21/21 07:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I grew up in a world where literally everyone I knew had guns. My dad was not the only one that a 22 leaning up in the corner by the back door. That rifle was to protect chickens mostly. It was always loaded. Other guns in the house were in different closets and drawers. I had a gun rack in my bedroom my guns were on. Knew lots of people that had loaded guns lying in out buildings also.

Should be a tv ad telling people to educate their children instead. It wont help. The world is full of noncaring stupid parents raising noncaring stupid kids. I avoid those people. I definitely dont invite them into the house.

I don't watch TV. I am pretty sure that ad would be another reason I don't.

Kids will keep dying in auto accidents too. The world is not a safe place. Only so much we can do about it. If private gun ownership and vehicle ownership are both banned, kids will still die from bullets and vehicle accidents.

Time for people to remove their head from their stinky spot and have a look around. Work on the hard stuff. Not the easy stuff that will not stop violence but is easy to whine about.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222411
03/21/21 07:41 AM
03/21/21 07:41 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Pretty sorry state of affairs when law enforcement wont put down a riot cause a mayor said no. Wont arrest thieves or even look for them. Kid cusses a teacher in school and the principal doesn't leave stripes on his butt. Won't do school work but passes anyway. Cell phone use is tolerated in class instead of phone being dropped in a bucket of water.

"They are just kids. We need to promote self esteem above everything else" . People are fond of saying eliminate lawyers. I think we need to eliminate pschyco-babbling social workers and "therapists" first. They are destroying this country. Social justice is a lie. People are not equal in capability and intelligence. We should strive for equality under the law and realize some people are destined to be poor.

Social programs increase poverty. Not alleviate it. Rewarding irresponsible behavior is just feeding the bears.

More gun law is promoted by these same special kind of stupid people. They really believe what they are saying. These are the same people who say we need to show a little tolerance to the 14 year old that just shot his classmate cause he wanted his tennis shoes. Classmate didn't die so the shooter goes to gangster college and gets released in two years.

Im glad I haven't seen that commercial. I would probably buy a tv to use as a target.

Last edited by danny clifton; 03/21/21 07:43 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7222431
03/21/21 08:08 AM
03/21/21 08:08 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN

Uneducated children die from insecure guns ,Along with insecure kanucks

I believe he meant unsecured ?

Last edited by Snowpa; 03/21/21 08:09 AM.

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222447
03/21/21 08:19 AM
03/21/21 08:19 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I went into an auto parts store awhile back to buy some Lucas gun lube. I asked the clerk if it was synthetic. He said in a snobby voice "I don't know anything about it. I don't even own a gun." Great salesman right there. And a pansy.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222457
03/21/21 08:31 AM
03/21/21 08:31 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Why all the insults?

Remember an education campaign aimed at children called "say no to drugs?" How did that work out for you? Children can and do make poor choices regardless of how much education is thrown at them. A good example might be why we start teaching them to operate motor vehicles on public roads at around 16 and not 8.

And I meant insecure.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Lugnut] #7222461
03/21/21 08:33 AM
03/21/21 08:33 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Lugnut

Also a very good one!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222462
03/21/21 08:35 AM
03/21/21 08:35 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Teach your kids about firearms and I mean all about them

Its the un knowledgeable - CURIOUS kids that die from ready available firearms.

I had unlocked firearms all around me while growing up, I knew how to load them and where all the ammo was, but I would never have touched Dads guns . Because I had respect for authority at home.

A locked Firearm is useless in an emergency. Teach the kids and unauthorized handling isn't an issue.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7222464
03/21/21 08:37 AM
03/21/21 08:37 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Why all the insults?

Remember an education campaign aimed at children called "say no to drugs?" How did that work out for you? Children can and do make poor choices regardless of how much education is thrown at them. A good example might be why we start teaching them to operate motor vehicles on public roads at around 16 and not 8.

And I meant insecure.

An unloaded, locked up gun is of great use when that home invasion happens. I’m certain your wife and daughter will ask their therapist why you even have a gun.

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7222480
03/21/21 09:01 AM
03/21/21 09:01 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Why all the insults?

And I meant insecure.

Dumb examples

And confused not even close to the same thing.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222483
03/21/21 09:03 AM
03/21/21 09:03 AM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
Sad...so sad...

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222489
03/21/21 09:07 AM
03/21/21 09:07 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

My kids are around guns often and they know guns are tools. We shoot together. They walk past guns I have out, my reloading bench and ammo cabinet(s) without an ounce of curiosity or mischief in mind. My boys have their own gun safe in their room and my daughters have their own handguns in theirs.

However, we are losing this fight because "we" believe others think like we do. I've said it countless times: they don't. Judges, politicians and soccer mom voters don't think the 2A is important and are kind of freaked out by us.

Hobbie actually has a good point. We could use some counter marketing. Note, I don't think it's necessary to scare the crap out of the public with whatever commercial Hobbie is probably already out filming. Think positive. Scary can come in Season 2.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222495
03/21/21 09:11 AM
03/21/21 09:11 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Why all the insults?

And I meant insecure.

An unloaded, locked up gun is of great use when that home invasion happens. I’m certain your wife and daughter will ask their therapist why you even have a gun.

I would never live where the risk of a home invasion required me to have a loaded firearm. Never mind have my family live with that risk.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: danny clifton] #7222499
03/21/21 09:13 AM
03/21/21 09:13 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Online content
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Online Content
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I grew up in a world where literally everyone I knew had guns. My dad was not the only one that a 22 leaning up in the corner by the back door. That rifle was to protect chickens mostly. It was always loaded. Other guns in the house were in different closets and drawers. I had a gun rack in my bedroom my guns were on. Knew lots of people that had loaded guns lying in out buildings also.

Should be a tv ad telling people to educate their children instead. It wont help. The world is full of noncaring stupid parents raising noncaring stupid kids. I avoid those people. I definitely dont invite them into the house.

I don't watch TV. I am pretty sure that ad would be another reason I don't.

Kids will keep dying in auto accidents too. The world is not a safe place. Only so much we can do about it. If private gun ownership and vehicle ownership are both banned, kids will still die from bullets and vehicle accidents.

Time for people to remove their head from their stinky spot and have a look around. Work on the hard stuff. Not the easy stuff that will not stop violence but is easy to whine about.

X2

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222503
03/21/21 09:17 AM
03/21/21 09:17 AM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
When you hide guns from you children or don't show them how they work or shoot you don't help there curiousty .

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222506
03/21/21 09:19 AM
03/21/21 09:19 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

On kids and guns: my family was helping me clean my shop yesterday. All four kids and my wife were there when the neighbor kid stopped by. He and his dad had been at the gun show all afternoon.

Neighbor kid tells us he and his dad were there and recites the list of weapons his dad bought.

I smiled at the horror on my children's faces. You could water board my kids and they would never talk about Dad's guns. It is firmly Rule Number Two (treat every gun as it is loaded still gets top billing).

Neighbor kid was about to go through the list of guns in the gun safe when one of my kids changed the subject.

Anyway, proud moment. It's good to know I can trust them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread