No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
sightmark wraith ? #7222610
03/21/21 11:25 AM
03/21/21 11:25 AM
iowa
T
trappinia Offline OP
trapper
trappinia  Offline OP
trapper
T

iowa
Going to Missouri in late june and ordered a sight mark wraith i.r. scope , just wondering if anyone has any experience with one ?

Re: sightmark wraith ? [Re: trappinia] #7222654
03/21/21 12:19 PM
03/21/21 12:19 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I have one. It's OK. I think the resolution could be a little sharper.

If you're going to be out on a hunt most of the day/night get one of those portable battery packs that people get to recharge phones. Regular AA batteries will last quite a while but it does go through them at a steady pace. The IR emitter uses the expensive batteries that go in cameras and Surefire flashlights... CR23 or something like that. They're expensive. So if you're using the IR for night hunting bring along extras.

Edit: Not sure what you're putting it on... But it's recoil rating is only up to .308 Just something to keep in mind.

Mike

Last edited by Mike in A-town; 03/21/21 12:27 PM.

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: sightmark wraith ? [Re: trappinia] #7222729
03/21/21 01:46 PM
03/21/21 01:46 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
They have pretty good reviews in general. The battery life is a real killer. I know reviews aren't the best on ATN's but I think it's like everything. I don't want to haul a battery pack around and those ATN can go 10-15 hours. I've been toiling back and forth between the two to place on a raccoon zipper. The more I've researched I don't think it matters one way or another on which one depending on your preferences. The main thing is to buy an aftermarket IR. The ones that come with the scopes are sub-par and many have stated they'll double your range overnight.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: sightmark wraith ? [Re: trappinia] #7222779
03/21/21 03:00 PM
03/21/21 03:00 PM
central Illinois
yoteguts Offline
trapper
yoteguts  Offline
trapper

central Illinois
I have one. Put a sniper hog ir light on it. I can see yotes way out there. I’ve only sighted mine in and night hunted one time. It’s been a safe queen since then. Done great. Have two friends who have them on ARs and love them. Some calling and some shooting over bait. May sell mine for a future thermal.

I'm itchin' to see a coyote twitchin'.

More trappin' and less yappin'.

Member FTA & USSA.

Re: sightmark wraith ? [Re: trappinia] #7222804
03/21/21 04:12 PM
03/21/21 04:12 PM
iowa
T
trappinia Offline OP
trapper
trappinia  Offline OP
trapper
T

iowa
Thanks for the replies ,I didn't think to ask before I ordered it , so I'm glad no one said not to buy one . I will either put it on my .308 or .556 .

Re: sightmark wraith ? [Re: WadeRyan] #7223012
03/21/21 07:58 PM
03/21/21 07:58 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
They have pretty good reviews in general. The battery life is a real killer. I know reviews aren't the best on ATN's but I think it's like everything. I don't want to haul a battery pack around and those ATN can go 10-15 hours. I've been toiling back and forth between the two to place on a raccoon zipper. The more I've researched I don't think it matters one way or another on which one depending on your preferences. The main thing is to buy an aftermarket IR. The ones that come with the scopes are sub-par and many have stated they'll double your range overnight.

The battery life on the Wraith isn't horrible. But you know how batteries go... You'll get several hours of use out of a set and the next time you go to use it you'll have have to change batteries out in an hour or two. The portable battery bank is a quick and easy change versus fumbling with the batteries/cover in the dark. Just charge em up at home and throw them in the shooting bag. And if you're running an AR platform they make a little velcro belt case for the power banks... Just ziptie/velcro it to the handguard in a spot that's convenient and out of the way.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread